Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

13's Without A Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said stage 0 is a 14 second kit
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by 318_tC
Originally Posted by bcnu_702
Originally Posted by rampage1003
i ran a 14.44 with out a turbo, just threw some slicks on and it dropped 3 tenths off my time
Yeah those slicks will work wonders. Are u turboed?

Yeah, because if you ran 14.4 with a turbo....something is wrong with your car..
or u have a zpi stage 0

More along the lines of 14.1/14.2 with a Stage 0 and 6 PSI. Need Drag radials and not street tires to go 13's with a Stage 0.
morale of the story. a stage 0 kit will get you 14's. unless you got water/meth, or nitrous, or a standalone, or a flux capacitor....etc.
by 14.1/14.2 i assume you mean your friend louis right? he has more than a stage 0 however. if im wrong just throw up the B.S. flag. (stage 0 w/ e-manage, injectors, and engine limiter. also this 14.1/14.2 is just a geuss. i thought he only ran an 1/8 mile track. like i said before, if my facts are wrong just call me out on it, cause i've never acutually seen his car.

Stage 0 with E-manage and HKS BOV were his only other additional add ons. He does not have a wideband, so like our car ran at the very beginning of it's F/I life, the tune on it is set to Run rich. Now he has added the Engine Limiter to reduce motor rock, and is making progress with his setup. 14.1/14.2 is more then a guess when the car runs low 9's in the 1/8th. Stock 350z does low 9's in the 1/8th mile as well. When I get the new clutch and flywheel into the 350z, I will put Louis up against it and make more vids. I think if it does not rain, we will be going down to the 1/8th track for a couple of runs.
Now equipped with his new Engine Limiter, Louis (Angel) took his car back to our local 1/8th mile track. And just straight KILLED the competition. With a best ET of 9.3 in the 1/8th mile. He went from constant 9.6's to a 9.3 with the Engine Limiter on his car. Previously he had no other form of engine damping.
krdshrk ran a 9.20 1/8 mile and ended up with a 14.315 1/4mile. now how is louis, who is 1/10 slower in the 1/8 mile gonna be 2/10 faster in the 1/4mile???

morale of the story. stage 0=14's

You are comparing a 4 speed automatic tC to a 5 speed manual....Morale of the story, It will break 13's with the right driver and tires.

What ye will say if I record a 13sec run on video and post it up... And I'll let him borrow my DR's just so he can.

He will need a new clutch first. That 9.3 run that I posted up was with the clutch slipping.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It could be worse though. You could have bought the more expensive Turbonetics kit and still be running 14secs...
Old 06-05-2007, 12:10 AM
SL Member

if you can post a vid, then more power to ya. get one of your tc while your at it. i hope you mean at a quarter mile track?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

if you can post a vid, then more power to ya. get one of your tc while your at it. i hope you mean at a quarter mile track?
I only run the 1320.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:30 AM
SL Member

It could be worse though. You could have bought the more expensive Turbonetics kit and still be running 14secs...
last i checked yamaha16bw's car had a t-netics kit and was running 12's

i only run the 1320

really you never ran an 1/8 mile??
Old 06-05-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I get the new clutch and flywheel into the 350z, I will put Louis up against it and make more vids. I think if it does not rain, we will be going down to the 1/8th track for a couple of runs.
No, you only take the Z to the 1/8th track

but seriously, I don't think you took my comment the wrong way, but they're right. You have helped me out more then a few times, and I'm not a ZPI customer. So thanks.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Got her today along with a Kenstyle tC.......................
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

Wow 2 new cars I don't think I want to ask what you do
Old 06-15-2007, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

stage 0= blah blah blah...pony up spend the big bucks and do it right
Travis, I know your gonna hate to hear it but again, stage 0 vs my supercharged tC=unhappy zpi customer...especially now that you can get the supercharger for $1850 and a pulley for $100...thats $1950 for a "14 second" car. I dont wanna hear the car wasnt running right or I had all sorts of mods done, his stage 0 ran just like any other untuned stage 0 out there. Not to mention I beat him 4 out of 5 times with an exhaust leak at my S pipe and a slipping belt. Throw some DR's on my old car and I could call myself a 13 second car also...but I wouldnt
Old 06-15-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Woah!
I don't get it? Did you sell your tC to get an xB AND a new tC? What's going on here?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

last i checked yamaha16bw's car had a t-netics kit and was running 12's
Last time I checked, he had Meth/water injection to help it out. I'm comparing out of the box performance. Not additional power adders like Meth/water injection.

i only run the 1320
really you never ran an 1/8 mile??
Did I say I NEVER have ran in the 1/8th mile....umm..No. I said I only run the 1320. Not that I have NEVER been to the 1/8th track.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
When I get the new clutch and flywheel into the 350z, I will put Louis up against it and make more vids. I think if it does not rain, we will be going down to the 1/8th track for a couple of runs.
No, you only take the Z to the 1/8th track

but seriously, I don't think you took my comment the wrong way, but they're right. You have helped me out more then a few times, and I'm not a ZPI customer. So thanks.

The Z does not go to the 1/8th track either... It's been to the 1/8th one time. And it's been down the 1320 too. Just because I took it one time does not equate to...."I race 1/8th mile tracks".

The 1/4 mile track is so much better prepped, so I like going there instead. Now they did just rebuild the 1/8th track here, and they do hand out cash prizes for 1st and 2nd when they have import night, so I might have to do a bit of 1/8th mile running to school a few locals...LOL.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
stage 0= blah blah blah...pony up spend the big bucks and do it right
Travis, I know your gonna hate to hear it but again, stage 0 vs my supercharged tC=unhappy zpi customer...especially now that you can get the supercharger for $1850 and a pulley for $100...thats $1950 for a "14 second" car. I dont wanna hear the car wasnt running right or I had all sorts of mods done, his stage 0 ran just like any other untuned stage 0 out there. Not to mention I beat him 4 out of 5 times with an exhaust leak at my S pipe and a slipping belt. Throw some DR's on my old car and I could call myself a 13 second car also...but I wouldnt

The only price I would take the S/C'er for is $500 bucks. I have already proven your S/C'er race against whoever it was to be a joke. It takes a heavily modded S/C'er to keep up with a Stage 0. I got it on vid, something you failed to do in trying to prove your point. Sorry dude. S/C'er is not better than a basic turbo setup. You got but hurt when I posted up the vid. Get over it man. How long have we been back and forth on this same thing? You are in denial if you think that a Stock S/C'ed tC is going to beat a basic Stage 0 tC. Louis doesn't even have an exhaust system, nor a clutch or any other supporting mods done to his car. And yet walks away from Rich with every Bolt-on S/C'er part imaginable.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

why do you think that my runs against him was a joke? he had a full exhaust with the basic stage 0...whoever is racing your friend louis does not know how to run his car...its as simple as that. Also your buddy has an emanage which will completely change the way the car runs. Its a shame I didnt get the runs on video cause then maybe you woulda actually gave me the credit I deserved. Maybe I didnt get the runs on video, but I dont know how much more proof I need when the person I ran came on here and flat out admitted that he lost 4 out of 5 races...the only reason why I lost the 5th run was because I spun out my tires all the way thru 3rd gear. Whats funny is that if it was any other manufacturer other than ZPI you would probly give me the credit that I deserve, but we all know that you hafta protect ZPI's rep like they are your first born child. I didnt get butt hurt when you posted the video cause I never even saw it, I could honestly care less what the results were from your friends race...driver will make all the difference in the world. The only mod I had done to my car at the time was the NST boost pulley, which didnt even do much due to my slipping belt, and I had a header>s pipe(which had a disgusting exhaust leak) so its fair to say that my car wasnt running at its normal power levels. Im not gonna get over anything just because you say to...I know the results of our run, unseen knows the results of our run, and Munch knows the results of the run...its not out of the ordinary, the stage 0 runs like crap without management...its common sense...which brings me back to my original statment, the stage 0 is crap, so save the money and do it right the first time
Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
why do you think that my runs against him was a joke? he had a full exhaust with the basic stage 0...whoever is racing your friend louis does not know how to run his car...its as simple as that. Also your buddy has an emanage which will completely change the way the car runs. Its a shame I didnt get the runs on video cause then maybe you woulda actually gave me the credit I deserved. Maybe I didnt get the runs on video, but I dont know how much more proof I need when the person I ran came on here and flat out admitted that he lost 4 out of 5 races...the only reason why I lost the 5th run was because I spun out my tires all the way thru 3rd gear. Whats funny is that if it was any other manufacturer other than ZPI you would probly give me the credit that I deserve, but we all know that you hafta protect ZPI's rep like they are your first born child. I didnt get butt hurt when you posted the video cause I never even saw it, I could honestly care less what the results were from your friends race...driver will make all the difference in the world. The only mod I had done to my car at the time was the NST boost pulley, which didnt even do much due to my slipping belt, and I had a header>s pipe(which had a disgusting exhaust leak) so its fair to say that my car wasnt running at its normal power levels. Im not gonna get over anything just because you say to...I know the results of our run, unseen knows the results of our run, and Munch knows the results of the run...its not out of the ordinary, the stage 0 runs like crap without management...its common sense...which brings me back to my original statment, the stage 0 is crap, so save the money and do it right the first time

It was from a roll. How does he NOT know how to race? Isn't that the same thing I said about the Stage 0 guy you raced? So you are using the same tactics, but where you fail, is that I have proof and you don't. Even if I jumped in Rich's car myself and raced Louis and lost, are you going to then tell me that I can't drive either...come on dude. If the Stage 0 is crap, then why have there been 350+ sold? Give it a rest already. So you make the complaint that Louis has an Emanage. So what ye say about Rich having:

DC sports Header
Injen Intake
ZPI 9 PSI pulley
ZPI Clutch
Borla axle back

NOW he has an S-pipe on too.

Dynoed at 238whp before the S-pipe. And Louis with just an Emanage installed walked him. What MORE do you need. What you say about all those other supporting mods on his S/C'er? You won the race, I'm not taking that from you. But what I have to completely disagree with is the fact that you keep trying to make a GENERAL statement saying the S/C'er is faster than a Stage 0, which is by far from the truth. It's the opposite way around. I would even put a NO-emanage Stage 0 up against a Stock S/C'er setup, and STILL put my money on the turbo. If it was Tredstone (which is a little similar in running no management), would walk a S/C'er. S/C'er price drop or not still equals the SLOWEST F/I performing product you can purchase.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stage 0 is still slow and still a 14 second car!

SC > Stage 0

hahahhha i love busting ur ***** travis! but seriously i wouldnt waste my money on a stage 0
Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What was the topic of this thread again?
Oh yeah, nitrous and selling for an xB...

...anyway, I wouldn't waste my money on a stage 0, but I wouldn't waste my money on the supercharger either!
However, I think it is easier and more cost effective to start with a stage 0 and slowly build up then it is to start with the supercharger and slowly build up.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
stage 0 is still slow and still a 14 second car!

SC > Stage 0

hahahhha i love busting ur ***** travis! but seriously i wouldnt waste my money on a stage 0

And you would on a S/C'er... Yeah...thought so.

Stage 0 > SC That's a fact, not an opinion.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
However, I think it is easier and more cost effective to start with a stage 0 and slowly build up then it is to start with the supercharger and slowly build up.

A rational man indeed. Smart too..

Quick Reply: 13's Without A Turbo