Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

13's Without A Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:50 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stone128
I'm not bashing drag racing by any means, however I feel a much better judge of a car/driver is on a course where turning is involved. Take a zpi tc and a s/c tc and run each a lap around a track with the same driver and then we'll see.
its funny how people think that there is no skill involved in drag racing. there is alot of skill that goes into it. you have to know how to launch, and at what rpm to launch, be able to shift quickly, have a good reaction. just cause you can hit the apex of a turn dont mean much to me.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
I'm not bashing drag racing by any means, however I feel a much better judge of a car/driver is on a course where turning is involved. Take a zpi tc and a s/c tc and run each a lap around a track with the same driver and then we'll see.
its funny how people think that there is no skill involved in drag racing. there is alot of skill that goes into it. you have to know how to launch, and at what rpm to launch, be able to shift quickly, have a good reaction. just cause you can hit the apex of a turn dont mean much to me.
Never did I once say that I don't think it takes skill to drag race. On the contrary, I think it takes a lot of skill. Regardless of what any one of us thinks about apex's or reaction times, my argument clearly states that a course involving more than just a straight line could be a better judge of the cars overall ability for comparisons sake. I think that a good lap time as well as a good 1/4 mile time takes great skill.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:33 PM
SL Member

Never did I once say that I don't think it takes skill to drag race. On the contrary, I think it takes a lot of skill. Regardless of what any one of us thinks about apex's or reaction times, my argument clearly states that a course involving more than just a straight line could be a better judge of the cars overall ability for comparisons sake. I think that a good lap time as well as a good 1/4 mile time takes great skill.
the arguement that was taking place was that a zpi stage 0 kit is or is not a 14 sec kit at the drag strip "out of the box. nobody was talking about driver skill or autocross till you mentioned it. but since were on the subject, let me give you my opinion of autocross. i think its garbage. you drive around a parking lot trying not to hit cones, never really reaching speeds over 50mph at most. this idea is lame to me. if you wre talking about time attack or something like that where you actually pick up some speed, then i would agree. but autocross??
Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, now I'm disagreeing again. A Road Course is different than an AutoX. I put my money on turbos when you talk about Road Courses.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

lets just let this one rest travis. get your boys clutch in, put your drag radials on his car, and post a 13 second pass.

p.s. if anyone reading this has a t-netics kit, and is running 13's. by all means please speak up.

We will.

I rarely see any Tnetics guys even racing their kit. So, I would like for them to chime in as well. And list the mods they have on top of the kit to take them to that next level at the drag strip.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So true so true. On top of all that everything changes with temperature and track conditions as in any racing.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
So true so true. On top of all that everything changes with temperature and track conditions as in any racing.

Margin of Error...

Track Racing(Time Attack) > Drag racing
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The funny thing is, out of the box, the supercharger receives injectors, and a TUNED ECU REFLASH (equivalent to an emanage tune). That is embarrassing that we are even having this discussion. The supercharger should OWN, and I mean OWN a turboed setup with NO addtl injectors and a tune (equal to that of the TRD REFLASH).

ZPI stage 0 > S'C
Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcnu_702
ZPI stage 0 > S'C
16.7<15.0

jk chris
Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
ZPI stage 0 > S'C
16.7<15.0

jk chris
watching
Old 06-26-2007, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

And everything you just listed goes into AutoX or Road Racing, plus cornering, braking, downshifting, etc. When it all comes down to it in the end, nothing tops Rally Racing in terms of required skill level.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member

^^^

Yesir

Personally i love both, never really get a chance to go auto-xing but i do enjoy some spirited driving every once in a while when the streets r quiet. imagine not having to worry about curbs cops and other cars.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI stage 0 > S'C
16.7<15.0

jk chris
watching
i literally fell out of my chair laughing
Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 AM
SL Member

like i said before. auto-x is for people that are affraid of getting shamed at the track.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

ZPI stage 0 > S'C
16.7<15.0

jk chris

16.7, someone sucks at driving. I couldn't even run that slow with my eyes shut...

14.5 > 15.0
Old 06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
ZPI stage 0 > S'C
16.7<15.0

jk chris

16.7, someone sucks at driving. I couldn't even run that slow with my eyes shut...

14.5 > 15.0
Vacuum leak, engine cut out at 5000k lol
Old 06-26-2007, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

ZPI stage 0 > S'C
16.7<15.0

jk chris

14.5 > 15.0

Fixed I presume. New #'s please...
Old 06-26-2007, 10:58 PM
SL Member

5000k?? thats 5 million rpm's. you gotta hook me up with whoever does your headwork.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI stage 0 > S'C
16.7<15.0

jk chris

14.5 > 15.0

Fixed I presume. New #'s please...
It has been fixed, afr's are good, waiting for the intercooler this week and a tune within a week or two and then i'll post some new #'s.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you get a custom intercooler? Is Prostreet putting it in?
I have an appointment friday morning for them to tap my oilpan and possibly hook up my gauges.

Quick Reply: 13's Without A Turbo