Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

1st Dezod AEM In hand PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Guys, great idea, but we do not sell used parts. We are not going to make someone pay for new and give used parts. Sorry, we do not operate that way. There are a few exceptions, but that is it.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 1st Dezod AEM In hand PICS

I have an AEM and I aint that happy with it. I actually sold it and purchased a Hydra EMS

Originally Posted by 318_tC

Old 05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And why werent you happy with it Rasta.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does the AEM EMS eliminate the CEL?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by miamiBASS
does the AEM EMS eliminate the CEL?
What CEL?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: 1st Dezod AEM In hand PICS

[quote="Rasta"]I have an AEM and I aint that happy with it. I actually sold it and purchased a Hydra EMS

quote]

My hydra ems gets here this weekend. Keep an eye out for my numbers really soon.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Well good luck with the Hydras. This thread is AEM Proven Power! Stay tuned. Jeff is gonna be making some great power for sure.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks paul, ya this is for aem info sorry guys!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I wasnt saying he wouldnt. My bad, not my thread. AEM is a great unit and the facts prove it.

I'm glad to see a few people trying Standalone in general!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ooooo...318_tC, congrats on the AEM standalone!!!

and congrats to Dezod for getting this out
Old 05-03-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The AEM is a good unit don’t get me wrong, but the numbers that my car put up was not that impressive. The guy who did the tuning is real good too so that is not the issue. I have seen Hydras making 330-340 at 10psi. My car makes 305 at 12psi. Another thing I don’t like is the start up. The car takes forever to start up in the morning, with the Hydra it starts right up. The Hydra also controls VVTI and cam timing easily the AEM is a mission to get it to work right. Trust me I have had the AEM on my car for about a year already. One thing I will tell you is the drivability with both systems is just like factory, you will not notice the difference. You guys also know that you have to keep you stock computer too right? Even with the Hydra, the stock computer controls everything in that car. One more thing if you have high impedance injectors you need a resistor box from a Honda to be able to run the injectors, on the Hydra you don’t.
PS: I won’t write anything else about it on this thread since it is an AEM thread.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rasta
The AEM is a good unit don’t get me wrong, but the numbers that my car put up was not that impressive. The guy who did the tuning is real good too so that is not the issue. I have seen Hydras making 330-340 at 10psi. My car makes 305 at 12psi. Another thing I don’t like is the start up. The car takes forever to start up in the morning, with the Hydra it starts right up. The Hydra also controls VVTI and cam timing easily the AEM is a mission to get it to work right. Trust me I have had the AEM on my car for about a year already. One thing I will tell you is the drivability with both systems is just like factory, you will not notice the difference. You guys also know that you have to keep you stock computer too right? Even with the Hydra, the stock computer controls everything in that car. One more thing if you have high impedance injectors you need a resistor box from a Honda to be able to run the injectors, on the Hydra you don’t.
PS: I won’t write anything else about it on this thread since it is an AEM thread.
Good feedback from the other side of the coin, however much of your issues your desribing are tuning related. The AEM CAN control VVT-i, we worked on it for a while, and was able to on the 2JZGE IS300. Cold starts, if not programmed properly on the AEM , will pose a HUGE problem as well. There are numerous tables and ride and overalp each other based upon several conditions. We had some cold start issues with the AEM, but have fixed them all on the IS300 for sure. The AEM 'delayed starts' are an easy fix. Leave the key to accessory II for 1 sec or so, then crank. Fires right up.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by Rasta
Good feedback from the other side of the coin, however much of your issues your desribing are tuning related. The AEM CAN control VVT-i, we worked on it for a while, and was able to on the 2JZGE IS300. Cold starts, if not programmed properly on the AEM , will pose a HUGE problem as well. There are numerous tables and ride and overalp each other based upon several conditions. We had some cold start issues with the AEM, but have fixed them all on the IS300 for sure. The AEM 'delayed starts' are an easy fix. Leave the key to accessory II for 1 sec or so, then crank. Fires right up.
Sweet I will try it for the startup, I like the AEM too, and my main reason for getting rid of it is because it is a pain to get in touch with the guy to tune it. My friend that tunes the Hydra is the one that built my car. I originally wanted a Hydra but they took so long to come out with it. I should have it by tomm or Monday so we will see.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a very very good tuner tuning my aem...
Old 05-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I have a very very good tuner tuning my aem...
Me?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL
Old 05-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

LOL
I was for an hour tonight.

Def a bad MAP. I checked the logs. All else looks spot on.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Well good luck with the Hydras. This thread is AEM Proven Power! Stay tuned. Jeff is gonna be making some great power for sure.

Well show us the "Proven Power" already! I'm tired of waiting. I'm looking at getting the AEM or Hydra down the road but need to see what's gonna be better so make sure you keep us updated.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Banned
SL Member

Paul, you should try to help rasta with his AEM so he doesn't have to jump ship :D
Old 05-04-2007, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LMAO so who is your great tuner 318?

Quick Reply: 1st Dezod AEM In hand PICS