Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

2007 A/T S/C Times

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:10 PM
SL Member

Default 2007 A/T S/C Times

I did search, however did not find what I wanted for a automatic tranny.
Looking for:
1/8th
1/4th times.

S/C is stock. Just added a Bosch 110 bpv.

Any guesses?
A buddy of mine is driving a AWD TSI and ran 10.2 @ 72. We are going to the track next week for fun, I'm going to loose arn't i?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:27 PM
SL Member

Default Re: 2007 A/T S/C Times

Originally Posted by djpaper
A buddy of mine is driving a AWD TSI and ran 10.2 @ 72. We are going to the track next week for fun, I'm going to loose arn't i?
I hope to ____ that you are kidding.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wait wait wait...hold on a sec...did he run that 10.2 in the 1/8th or the 1/4? 72 mph is an awfully low trap speed for 1/4 @ the time he ran bro...i think we need a lil more clarity. Cause if he was running 10.2 in the 1/8th then your gonna run him down after the 60'
Old 09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

^^^That has to be the 1/8th...lol
Old 09-28-2007, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you wont have a problem with him. When I had my S/C tc (5spd,stock), I went to the track nearby which is 1/8 mile and i'm sitting in the stands with a frient letting my car cool off and some random guy sits next to us and starts talking about how all the cars there were s**t and slow and that his friends 1995 awd tsi was the fastest car there with only basic breather mods and on 10psi . After about 20 minutes of listening to this guy I told him that I would run his friend on my tc and he just lost it laughing at me, so I met his friend in the staging lanes and ran him, lets just say it wasnt very pretty for him, by the time I got back and parked him and his friend were gone,LOL.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
wait wait wait...hold on a sec...did he run that 10.2 in the 1/8th or the 1/4? 72 mph is an awfully low trap speed for 1/4 @ the time he ran bro...i think we need a lil more clarity. Cause if he was running 10.2 in the 1/8th then your gonna run him down after the 60'
this is the dumbest thing ive read here in a little while. theres no clarity needed. common sense and the laws of physics tell you it's the 1/8th....
Old 09-28-2007, 02:57 PM
SL Member

It was a 1/8th mile track that he ran.

flint_08: No I am not kidding. I have never gone to a track before.

Sorry for the "noob" like questions. As stated, this will be my first trip to the track. I have NO idea what numbers I am making either.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by jasonrs2
this is the dumbest thing ive read here in a little while. theres no clarity needed. common sense and the laws of physics tell you it's the 1/8th....
obviously 72mph is ridiculously low...but theres nothing said about the car...nothing about what kind of setup, what GEARS he is running cause that will play a big part in his ET's and Trap speeds...thats what clarity i was looking for...but thanks for your opinion
Old 09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by jasonrs2
obviously 72mph is ridiculously low...but theres nothing said about the car...nothing about what kind of setup, what GEARS he is running cause that will play a big part in his ET's and Trap speeds...thats what clarity i was looking for...but thanks for your opinion

The mod list is small for the car

Full exhaust different MAP

Larger injectors and I think thats it.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:28 PM
SL Member

Wasn't a noob question, I just thought it needed some clarification. Maybe I am just crazy but back home in Canada you never really hear of people racing an 1/8th, it was all about the 1/4 mile.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:42 PM
SL Member

Ohh forgot to add his TSI is an automatic as well
Old 09-28-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Sorry for the "noob" like questions. As stated, this will be my first trip to the track. I have NO idea what numbers I am making either.
The track is funn!!!!, I was nervous my first time going and since then Ive gone two more times and improving each time. Now i love going wether im racing or not, ur gunna have some good fun out there....
Old 09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by caveman

The track is funn!!!!, I was nervous my first time going and since then Ive gone two more times and improving each time. Now i love going wether im racing or not, ur gunna have some good fun out there....
Thanks! I am really anxious to go. Now since I have an automatic, which is the best way to launch? Hold my foot on the break and gas to build boost, and release the break at green? or just slam down the gas at green? (mind you im A/T)
Old 09-28-2007, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

^^Yea most likely you should brake boost, but granted u need to practice cuz that way may not be the best for the condition of your tires...but dont hold me to it cuz i drive a manual (i have my own adventures at the strip with plenty of spinning...lolol)
Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by caveman

Thanks! I am really anxious to go. Now since I have an automatic, which is the best way to launch? Hold my foot on the break and gas to build boost, and release the break at green? or just slam down the gas at green? (mind you im A/T)
Yes, hold the brakes down and apply gas, just enough so that you build boost and up the RPMS but not enough that you start moving forward. Green light ... let off brake MASH gas. Feather if need be

Good luck!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey DJ, let me know how you make out at the track.... im about to buy my s/c and im curious about times also. ( I have an Auto too)

Thanks man
Old 09-29-2007, 01:00 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by svrTc06
Hey DJ, let me know how you make out at the track.... im about to buy my s/c and im curious about times also. ( I have an Auto too)

Thanks man
I will do that! I am not going to the track until Oct 21st but be sure I will post up times/slips.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i ran 14.8 in the 1/4 my first time out (RS1 18" enkeis street tires), so good luck to you.

also, i think caveman meant brake launching. if i remember right, the auto cant launch past a certain rpm while trying to brake launch, something a little over 2k i think.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I launch at over 2000...
Old 09-30-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

krdshrk is your 14.2 run on street tires? or slicks? and what kind?

Quick Reply: 2007 A/T S/C Times