Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

2008 turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
makes more power than the ptuning kit. ( from worlds dyno sheets) its not a bad kit but to buy it and getting it installed you are a few grand off your budget.

Where you see that at? Different dynos you know right? They made the same power At roughly 8-8.5 PSI. And the 350whp dyno World Racing posted does not say how much boost it's running. I assure you it's not 8-8.5 PSI.

todd on the other hand makes some really nice stuff. really really nice. the quality in his fabrication is incredible. i have not seen ptuning in person but i have seen dezod and turbonetics. i like the turbotoyotas stuff way better. it comes with a tubed manifold and not a log style. log style is more likely to create backpreasure witch is bad for your motor and you loose power. turbo toyotas offers quality parts at a good price. Customer service is good too. Todd has helped me out plenty with my build. He is a good guy and he is really into what he does. most of his kits make 270 whp +++ at 8 psi id say turbo toyotas all the way................

I have....far superior than TT's trust me. And my boy Nick can weigh in on his TT kit experience and quality of craftsmanship. You don't necessarily need to see them in person to get a feel for what the kit looks like on top of that. But if you did ever see a PTuning kit in person, you would need to bring a drool towel...lol.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
But if you did ever see a PTuning kit in person, you would need to bring a drool towel...lol.
I don't think a towel will suffice. You're gonna need a ____ing ShamWow to soak up all that drool .
Old 03-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Our kit uses far from cheap components. It includes all sorts of top quality brand names like TIAL, HKS, Precision etc. Our pipes are all mandrel bent (not a million cuts and welds). Our pipes only have 3 welds (MAF, PCV and BOV flange). This means less probability to failure of a weld overtime, smoother air flow and better overall performance.

Our downpipes are 304SS and mostly are mandrel bent as well. The DPs have limited welds as well. Same premise of quality there.

Our kits are higher quality and better than ever now. We are providing cutting edge, real world solutions from the ground up to solve Scion communities needs such as affordable FI, gaskets, widgets, standalones etc. Show me one other company who has supported this community with information, knowledge and support as long as we have (since 2005)

To the OP, you may choose whatever you'd like, but understand the history of this company, which plenty do not know, or have forgotten for the current "fad" band wagon. We are here to stay.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Our kit uses far from cheap components. It includes all sorts of top quality brand names like TIAL, HKS, Precision etc. Our pipes are all mandrel bent (not a million cuts and welds). Our pipes only have 3 welds (MAF, PCV and BOV flange). This means less probability to failure of a weld overtime, smoother air flow and better overall performance.

Our downpipes are 304SS and mostly are mandrel bent as well. The DPs have limited welds as well. Same premise of quality there.

Our kits are higher quality and better than ever now. We are providing cutting edge, real world solutions from the ground up to solve Scion communities needs such as affordable FI, gaskets, widgets, standalones etc. Show me one other company who has supported this community with information, knowledge and support as long as we have (since 2005)

To the OP, you may choose whatever you'd like, but understand the history of this company, which plenty do not know, or have forgotten for the current "fad". We are here to stay.

No one said you used cheap components....just fyi.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
But if you did ever see a PTuning kit in person, you would need to bring a drool towel...lol.
I don't think a towel will suffice. You're gonna need a flippin' ShamWow to soak up all that drool .
Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

To the OP, you may choose whatever you'd like, but understand the history of this company, which plenty do not know, or have forgotten for the current "fad". We are here to stay.

I am fully aware, just stating some facts before the wrong idea is placed into some people's minds.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I am fully aware, just stating some facts before the wrong idea is placed into some people's minds.

And if you want to step up your game, then why won't you offer an EL manifold, or 3 inch exhaust components? You come off as being ANTI-3 inch exhaust, yet you want to offer Built motors. What you want built motors to run 2.5 inch exhaust systems....that don't make much sense you tell me.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

And if you want to step up your game, then why won't you offer an EL manifold, or 3 inch exhaust components? You come off as being ANTI-3 inch exhaust, yet you want to offer Built motors. What you want built motors to run 2.5 inch exhaust systems....that don't make much sense you tell me.

You have NO idea what is in R&D sir. This system will shut plenty of people up for sure.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul i like your turbo kits. I do like the quality. just your log manifold is getting behind in the competition. i understand you guys have created and are testing one. id be interested to see how that goes for you guys. you guys have helped me out too. i do like were your company is going and the support you have given the community its just with more kits coming out and the opportunity to make more power your kits exhaust manifold has not changed and thats whats attracting people to other companies, and have people with s1 kits running different manifolds.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Paul i like your turbo kits. I do like the quality. just your log manifold is getting behind in the competition. i understand you guys have created and are testing one. id be interested to see how that goes for you guys. you guys have helped me out too. i do like were your company is going and the support you have given the community its just with more kits coming out and the opportunity to make more power your kits exhaust manifold has not changed and thats whats attracting people to other companies, and have people with s1 kits running different manifolds.
The "hype" as been believed by the masses that a tubular manifold is an necessity at all levels of the game, and the truth is that it's not. The real gains are only noticed and shown on high boost levels 20PSI +
Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I <3 my log manifold.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have read a few of the turbo books out there that contain really good information. every single one said that the log manifold produces more back pressure witch means less horsepower. i have seen a few videos that show similar things like this one from full race.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bFjuBEUE-qg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bFjuBEUE-qg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

please explain how in lower psi levels it would still be better than a tubular design ? wouldnt the tube manifold still lower back preasure at all psi levels ? isnt the lag in set ups more determined on the turbo you run ? would like to know how this all works. im not bashing im just going off what i have learned so far. im still young and still learning so dont bash me if im wrong anywere but even from what i have got from my instructors at school that both drive turbod cars.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wrong one ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFjuBEUE-qg
Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hi, I've got an xB. You tC owners should stop griping about PTuning vs. Dezod and just be happy you have two great shops making turbo kits specific for your vehicle.

All we have is Greddy if you want a FMIC.

I just ran the paper study of PTuning or Dezod for a friend in the club on the turbo. The differences aren't that extreme, it's really a matter of Dezod's stand-alone turbo kit vs. PTuning's modular turbo designed to provide greatest benefit with a complete system.

PTuning AND Dezod:
T3/T4 turbo
SS Oil feed line
SS oil return line
Tial 38mm wastegate
FMIC
T-bands for couplers
AEM filter and intake piping w/ MAF hookup
AEM F/IC w/ pre-tuned base maps & piggyback harness

Ptuning:
.57 trim on turbo
stainless EL manifold
external dump tube
downpipe fits PTuning exhaust, not stock
Tial 50mm Q-BOV
coated piping (red or black only)
625cc injectors
meth injection bung included

Dezod:
.54 trim on turbo
stainless log manifold
recirculated dump tube
downpipe fits stock exhaust
HKS SSQV BOV
uncoated piping
550cc injectors

The Cliff notes are if you don't want a new exhaust, aren't running meth or aren't looking to get coated pipes then Dezod is probably the way to go for a complete turbo kit designed to also work with everything else being factory. If you need a turbo-back exhaust anyway or are looking to run big numbers on meth, go with PTuning for ease of install and proper fitment.

EDIT: For the manifold debate, see the Honeywell / Garrett site. if you ask anyone who's dealt with the manifold design, they'll tell you the same thing:

Manifold design on turbocharged applications is deceptively complex as there many factors to take into account and trade off
The full article is here:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...tech102.html#c
Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

well this is getting out of hand...lol and to think i didnt have anything to do with it...hahaha

to the op, the point is to do your homework and see what fits your needs but also give yourself some room for growth later on down the road. once you narrow it down to a couple of kits look around for some advice from owners of the same kit to make a final decision. ther are pros and cons to every kit no matter what people say so in the end you gata go with what makes you happy. good luck
Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You have NO idea what is in R&D sir. This system will shut plenty of people up for sure.

Seeing is believing.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The "hype" as been believed by the masses that a tubular manifold is an necessity at all levels of the game, and the truth is that it's not. The real gains are only noticed and shown on high boost levels 20PSI +

And it seems that more and more people want that extra "know how" that if they want to take it to that level, they can with ease and not have to change the system. This is evolution, you should evolve.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Hi, I've got an xB. You tC owners should stop griping about PTuning vs. Dezod and just be happy you have two great shops making turbo kits specific for your vehicle.

All we have is Greddy if you want a FMIC.

I just ran the paper study of PTuning or Dezod for a friend in the club on the turbo. The differences aren't that extreme, it's really a matter of Dezod's stand-alone turbo kit vs. PTuning's modular turbo designed to provide greatest benefit with a complete system.

PTuning AND Dezod:
T3/T4 turbo
SS Oil feed line
SS oil return line
Tial 38mm wastegate
FMIC
T-bands for couplers
AEM filter and intake piping w/ MAF hookup
AEM F/IC w/ pre-tuned base maps & piggyback harness

Ptuning:
.57 trim on turbo
stainless EL manifold
external dump tube
downpipe fits PTuning exhaust, not stock
Tial 50mm Q-BOV
coated piping (red or black only)
625cc injectors
meth injection bung included

Dezod:
.54 trim on turbo
stainless log manifold
recirculated dump tube
downpipe fits stock exhaust
HKS SSQV BOV
uncoated piping
550cc injectors

The Cliff notes are if you don't want a new exhaust, aren't running meth or aren't looking to get coated pipes then Dezod is probably the way to go for a complete turbo kit designed to also work with everything else being factory. If you need a turbo-back exhaust anyway or are looking to run big numbers on meth, go with PTuning for ease of install and proper fitment.

EDIT: For the manifold debate, see the Honeywell / Garrett site. if you ask anyone who's dealt with the manifold design, they'll tell you the same thing:

Manifold design on turbocharged applications is deceptively complex as there many factors to take into account and trade off
The full article is here:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...tech102.html#c

A very fundamental difference though that can't be ignored is that PTuning uses a Blow-thru type setup. Their intake off the turbo is large and a CAI style setup. This is beneficial in the performance and cooling effects for the turbine and kit as a whole, vs the traditional intakes we have seen on the other kits. At this point, PTuning is the only manufacture of this particular intake style.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Im going ptuning kit because i cant fit dezods kit under my kaminari RC CF hood. And ontop of that i like the EL, and the CAI.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

id like to have installed each and everyone of thes kits that are out just to see how each one installs and what kinda difficulty level they are.

Quick Reply: 2008 turbo kits