Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

2008 turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

btw can we not turn this thread into a ____ing match guys
Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by paul_dezod

And if you want to step up your game, then why won't you offer an EL manifold, or 3 inch exhaust components? You come off as being ANTI-3 inch exhaust, yet you want to offer Built motors. What you want built motors to run 2.5 inch exhaust systems....that don't make much sense you tell me.

You have NO idea what is in R&D sir. This system will shut plenty of people up for sure.

Seeing is believing.
All I have to say to you smoke is Dezod has been giving the scion community an outstanding product and service base for a longtime now and still are. I know first hand they are working on some cool new things to make us all even happier. I am pretty sure who was it oh yeah I almost forgot ZPI the company that you so supported and said was the best kit ever at one time is no longer around because they made junk and screwed a lot of people over and just all around had crappy customer service.

Like I said before and I will again I am not ******* anyone else and there kits, I respect all of them for what they have accomplished. I just think in this area Dezod will get my vote and support 100% because for 1 they have been the longest running support of forced induction for our cars and the customer support is one in a million. I just don't think they would have been around as long as they have if they didn't make a good product.

I apologize to the OP for going off topic.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know what man your right the op will make the right descision and be happy as long as he boosts right he will not have to deal with many problems. so i say good luck
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 AM
SL Member

Lets not lose sight of what people have been here for the scion community going the extra length to make us happy and provide quality parts along with excellent customer service from the beginning.

OP: Ultimately the decision is yours and technically you cant go wrong at this point, so do your thing and pick what kit you feel to best suit you, your needs, your wants, your goals etc.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by noskatana94

And if you want to step up your game, then why won't you offer an EL manifold, or 3 inch exhaust components? You come off as being ANTI-3 inch exhaust, yet you want to offer Built motors. What you want built motors to run 2.5 inch exhaust systems....that don't make much sense you tell me.

You have NO idea what is in R&D sir. This system will shut plenty of people up for sure.

Seeing is believing.
All I have to say to you smoke is Dezod has been giving the scion community an outstanding product and service base for a longtime now and still are. I know first hand they are working on some cool new things to make us all even happier. I am pretty sure who was it oh yeah I almost forgot ZPI the company that you so supported and said was the best kit ever at one time is no longer around because they made junk and screwed a lot of people over and just all around had crappy customer service.

Like I said before and I will again I am not ******* anyone else and there kits, I respect all of them for what they have accomplished. I just think in this area Dezod will get my vote and support 100% because for 1 they have been the longest running support of forced induction for our cars and the customer support is one in a million. I just don't think they would have been around as long as they have if they didn't make a good product.

I apologize to the OP for going off topic.

No offense, but I don't need a history lesson on Dezod. I was around before they even started. ZPI....yadda yadda yadda. I'm not a psychic, can't predict the future bro. So, what's your point. My once then support was no different than the support TT got when he was making crappy decisions and screwing over customers. And till this day, there is no denying what I have done with that kit. Even beating up on some Dezod turbo kits....so lets not go there. We are talking about products here, not company customer service or length of time in business. And the tide has changed. Log manifolds are great for those entry kids that don't have a lot of money (that and the people looking for a cheap way to boost). The rest are competitively priced and offer not only entry, but when your ready to step up to the big leagues, it can do that as well.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

No offense, but I don't need a history lesson on Dezod. I was around before they even started. ZPI....yadda yadda yadda. I'm not a psychic, can't predict the future bro. So, what's your point. My once then support was no different than the support TT got when he was making crappy decisions and screwing over customers. And till this day, there is no denying what I have done with that kit. Even beating up on some Dezod turbo kits....so lets not go there. We are talking about products here, not company customer service or length of time in business. And the tide has changed. Log manifolds are great for those entry kids that don't have a lot of money (that and the people looking for a cheap way to boost). The rest are competitively priced and offer not only entry, but when your ready to step up to the big leagues, it can do that as well.
I am not gonna ____ with you yet again for the trillionth time Travis. You LOVE to try to stick us in the dirt, and you have since day one. I guess it must be jealousy or some form of envy on your end. I have no complaints here and I know what we are doing WILL rock this community for sure. We dropped the ball on this mid-last year with the economy cutting our budget, but now we have some great opportunities to finish what we started.

Furthermore, thank you for proving that hype can be sold not once, but twice.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I am not gonna ____ with you yet again for the trillionth time Travis. You LOVE to try to stick us in the dirt, and you have since day one. I guess it must be jealousy or some form of envy on your end. I have no complaints here and I know what we are doing WILL rock this community for sure. We dropped the ball on this mid-last year with the economy cutting our budget, but now we have some great opportunities to finish what we started.

Furthermore, thank you for proving that hype can be sold not once, but twice.

Stick you in the dirt....right. An opinion coming from me is automatic "sticking you in the dirt". But coming from someone else, it's just their "opinion". What would I be jealous of? You can't say someone is jealous and not give a reason why. I haven't seen anything to be envious about, or that makes me say WOW! I have recommended you on MULTIPLE occasions to people who have pm'ed me, youtubed me and asked me questions about boost. So, I fail to follow your logic.

And what are you calling "hype", I'm confused yet again. Define what your talking about as being "hype". You calling the PTuning kit "hype"? Kinda hard to argue when it's track proven and has a championship under it's belt.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Actually Paul, what your mistaking as "sticking you in the mud", is just how I am more partial to Race shops. You guys are not a Race shop that builds race cars. That's just me being partial to that type of support/performance/company. You guys are more into the production/distribution/customer service type environment. Just wanted to clarify that up for you. May not articulate my opinion to your liking and you see it as "sticking you in the mudd", but it's not intentional. That's just the way I articulate things. I try to do it without slamming anyone, which is "I thought" the way I have did it in this thread.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

paul when i asked you those questions i did not mean to start an argument. I am young and still in the learning process about everything. I like reading books, magazines, lookin at websites, and talking to pros so i can learn more about what im doing. what i learned in everything was that tubed el manifolds if created correctly are more effective and better than log style manifolds. the advantage of a cast log manifold is that it ussually takes more abuse, its cheaper and is more durable. since your manifold aint cast we cant say the same bout it. dezod is the second company i would buy from over ptuning. Ptunings customer servse is not that great. from what i have experienced. tt and dezod has always helped me out, paul you guys thinking bout building a competitive car ?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here you go my recommendation goes to Dezod or Ptuning for customer service, quality products, and actually getting parts in reasonable amount of time! I have delt with Dezod, Ptuning, and TT so trust me when I say Dezod and Ptuning FTW! EOS!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
paul when i asked you those questions i did not mean to start an argument. I am young and still in the learning process about everything. I like reading books, magazines, lookin at websites, and talking to pros so i can learn more about what im doing. what i learned in everything was that tubed el manifolds if created correctly are more effective and better than log style manifolds. the advantage of a cast log manifold is that it ussually takes more abuse, its cheaper and is more durable. since your manifold aint cast we cant say the same bout it. dezod is the second company i would buy from over ptuning. Ptunings customer servse is not that great. from what i have experienced. tt and dezod has always helped me out, paul you guys thinking bout building a competitive car ?

Stay on that path man. It's always best to do research the way you are doing it. Many people just eat the words from biased people here and run with that instead of looking at the real underlining data.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks travis. its the only way to go. it sucks i have to wait so long to go boosted. i would have bought your kit but didnt have all the cash on hand so i bought superxeros half kit. sucks and it doesnt. it sucks cause i dont have everything yet and im not driving it, but it does not suck cause its forced me to look up more about forced inducted scions. the way i think bout it is this way , dezod and zpi and the rest of the log manifold based kits can make 350 + whp adding more boost and a tune right ? ( if the motor can support it of course) but see when paul says they have made over 400 on theirs, imagine how much more they could make with an el tubed manifold ? am i not right ? ya the log will get you by and make the power but does it hurt your motor in doing so ? does it decrease life expectency ? im full of questions as most of us are. the op is lucky and ya i checked out ptunings stuff more closely and they do have a nice design. maybe i can change mine up eventually and have a similar set up.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
thanks travis. its the only way to go. it sucks i have to wait so long to go boosted. i would have bought your kit but didnt have all the cash on hand so i bought superxeros half kit. sucks and it doesnt. it sucks cause i dont have everything yet and im not driving it, but it does not suck cause its forced me to look up more about forced inducted scions. the way i think bout it is this way , dezod and zpi and the rest of the log manifold based kits can make 350 + whp adding more boost and a tune right ? ( if the motor can support it of course) but see when paul says they have made over 400 on theirs, imagine how much more they could make with an el tubed manifold ? am i not right ? ya the log will get you by and make the power but does it hurt your motor in doing so ? does it decrease life expectency ? im full of questions as most of us are. the op is lucky and ya i checked out ptunings stuff more closely and they do have a nice design. maybe i can change mine up eventually and have a similar set up.

No problem. Kit did sell eventually though. And this is just my opinion as well, but if your pushing 400whp, it should be on an EL manifold. 400 seems to me to be that next level, and EL mani's are that next level over a log. I wonder how long a log manifold setup last at 400whp. The flow and merge from an EL from my knowledge is a lot better going into the turbine than a log can provide. I would think pushing a log to really extreme limits will decrease life expectancy of the kit. The only visual data I have seen of a log manifold turbo equipped tC was that of the Turbonetics kit where the guy put down 4xx on a built motor. I haven't seen anyone else do it, they might have, just saying I didn't see it posted anywhere.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the other one was a dezod kit with a el custom fabbed i belive. i wonder if thats why dezod is building one ? i wonder if they will state and change there whole views on log manifolds when they have one they are selling. i wonder if top mount systems are better than bottom mounted turbo set ups. i have read a few books and they taughht me a lot. they are pretty interesting also.me and my bro just built a 95 dodge neon that has the srt-4 swap done to it. we bought the motor from an 04 and threw it in. its at the shop right now though getting a stand alone installed and tuned should get it back sometime next week. when do you plan on going with the ptuning set up ?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^When I have the money. It will be on before the Redline Time Attack hits here.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice running chris rados wing and front end with it as well ?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

no he just has the wing...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I wish I had the front end as well. I will opt to run the APR front splitter, as I didn't have the asking price they wanted for the front end and fenders. I was stoked to take the wing off the infamous "Black Betty". Always have envyed that car and wanted to make mine a spitting image of it....but in a street legal verison.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
SL Member

I wish I had the front end as well. I will opt to run the APR front splitter, as I didn't have the asking price they wanted for the front end and fenders. I was stoked to take the wing off the infamous "Black Betty". Always have envyed that car and wanted to make mine a spitting image of it....but in a street legal verison.
When I first came on here, I took your straight forwardness as cocky and arrogant, a mistake on my part, but you seem like a guy to stand up for what you believe in and make your point come out to its full extent, Dezod I love what you represent (excellent business and customer service), but lets face it Ptunning has an advantage (a circuit tc) where they have learned many thing from, what I am guessing is a lot of mistakes and capitalized on it and has released a clearly spec for spec better kit at a very comparable price to yours. Don't get me wrong Dezods kit is definitely an excellent kit, priced pretty well and not a problematic one at all, they have earned there respect on this. At the end of the day you (thread starter) have to make your own decision, and compare part for part to cost when looking at a kit, I would mostly use the forums for finding out the importance of a certain part that way vary in the two final kits, and find out each ones reliability.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks JrTcs. Great post. I see things as a means to "Up the Ante" and that's what PTuning has done imo. It's not a "bandwagon" as one would like to claim. It's just a new direction. It's time for the Scion community to get serious. Cause PTuning is what I call...."Serious".

Quick Reply: 2008 turbo kits