Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

2008 turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

rhythmnsmoke i clearly get the point now that u are trying to making...and to my understand dezod should consider taking their kits to the next level IMO.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Thanks JrTcs. Great post. I see things as a means to "Up the Ante" and that's what PTuning has done imo. It's not a "bandwagon" as one would like to claim. It's just a new direction. It's time for the Scion community to get serious. Cause PTuning is what I call...."Serious".
true true. i thought the same when i first saw your threads travis. than changed when i saw ur videos and your passion for the life style. your a smart dude and have plenty of good opinions and ideas. i have learned a few tings from ya.
on the other hand the scion community is getting serious. many people are going from calling our cars economy and girly like to giving them the respect they deserve. yea its easier to go off and buy a 350,370 z or g, evo, sti, corvette, viper, rx7 and so on and so on and make more power easier, but whats the point of that ? ya you can take the easier route and start on a better foundation. but it will cost you money to start on that new foundation. money that can be well spent on this car to make it stand out and hold its own. some people see this car differently. i on the other hand love my scion. And use it as a tool to learn from. this car has taught me more than any other car i have owned. and no its not my first car either. i have owned :

first car was a 72 duster with a 318 that was missing an intake manifold and carb to run. i swapped out the 318 for a 360 4 barrel from a diplomat police car. did motor and tranny swap myself when i was 15. car ran 13.2 at 104.

second car was a 93 integra gsr with a b17 vtec. installed high comp pistons and upgraded itr cams. 13.75 at 101.

sold those two than got a 95 neon from a friend that had passed away and it was his project so i took it and finished it. this is what it looked like before when i first got it.

after wards still not done but will be soon. needs intercooler pipping and a tune.

so the experience is there. i have messed around with a few platforms and i could have easily made either car do what i want it to. the scion is a good brand. durable and tough. More and more companies are starting to catch on to it too, blessing us with so many products to make power. there is a lot of good companies on here that support what we do and bend over backwards to help out. ptuning has scored some points in my book and have changed the way i viewed them at first. im not biased to any company although i do have some favorites and know who i do support. there are a lot of good turbo kits out there but you pay what you get for. Equal length turbo manifolds are a better design and usually make more power due to the fact that they eliminate back pressure and flow the exhaust gasses a lot better than a log. so in terms you could say that they are safer for our cars.

its not really bout jumping on certain companies band wagons but researching what is out there and what works and supporting those companies to make more parts for our cars. im sure there are a few people on here that have log manifolds that agree el will almost always be better ( except cost) . Im not _____ing but in other terms trying to push other companies to step up there game so it gives more and more options. what good would it be without competition and friendly rivalries ? to the op im sure you have learned a lot in this thread and now you can go a head and make a decision based on what you want to do and what direction you want to take your car to. i would still call myself a tt guy but even i acknowledge that there are other good designs out there. im just happy to see this car getting the recognition it deserves and not looked down at because it does not cost 30k plus.. i applaud the scion owners that have given this car the time it deserves and have shown us what this car is capable of doing and not bashing there own cars cause they dont drive something more expensive. just my .02 cents
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Great post guys. Couldn't have said it better myself.