Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

2az short block build - turbotoyota - whyindustries

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
My motor was built buy ERL through Todd...... there was no miscommunication problems.... Todd made things as low pressure and comfortable as possible...... and as a Mech. E. I can tell you the work done buy ERL is impecable..... TT ftmfw ... Todd is great.... if you are having a problem with Todd lets be honest its probably out of his control.... he wouldnt purposely delay shipping or poorly design something.... that would just be ludacris from a business standpoint..... but these things happen to all companies...... how many of us have taken our tCs back for recall warranty work??? I dont see anyone complaining about that!!! Point being even the largest companies with the best designers in the world(like Toyota, Nissan, Honda) have issues..... thats just the way things are....
you nailed it right on the spot. most people on here that talk crap about todd have never done business with him and are just going off what other people say. the other half that have done business with todd and talk ____ do until they receive his products and then they quit their _____innn. i have wanted one of his kits since he first made one. i just drreamed as i never thought i would be able to afford it. ( or at least now since i am going to school for two seperate degrees and have no money.)but with the help of scionlife i found most of a kit for sale and i purchased it. everything brand new and now when im doine with everything ill have as much money as i would have into it if i would have bought a treadstone or greddy ( modified it) with a nice fuel set up. still dont really know how i was able to put cash together. but i guess i wanted it that bad. i am highly pleased with his products. i in the near future will be sending my spare block to erl to get it sleeved and then im going to assemble a custom set up using the bc crank as my project for school. i still have some time though for that one. but erl does some serious good work. i have seen there stuff personally on a few hondas and mitsubishis friends of mine have built,
Old 03-18-2009, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never had any problems with my motor.. Great price and great service from ERL.. You can swap and switch items.. send your own stuff in with your motor.. and they are done in a fair amount of time.. Prices are good as well.. you want a motor built right put it in hands of experienced people, they are the ones.. ERL AND DART are pretty much neighbors so you know what goes into ERL Blocks.. I've dealt with them and send a lot of my buddies down that way.. SETH is a good guy and they have several different options and setups.. My motor has my hand picked parts and they provided the rest.. But definately look around. Dezod is pretty much just coming into this market and so is P-tuning. I would like to know what dezods and p-tunings do.. cause my motor build has their stuff in it as well.. I thank todd for turning me on to ERL.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean Golden Eagle does blocks for the 2az-fe as well.. everyone over looks them but they provide Chris Rado of World-Motorsports most of his stuff and products he uses.. It's all a preference. Like a choice of wheels, tires, exhaust, etc.... The motor is only good as how it's put together and tunned.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:37 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
My motor was built buy ERL through Todd...... there was no miscommunication problems.... Todd made things as low pressure and comfortable as possible...... and as a Mech. E. I can tell you the work done buy ERL is impecable..... TT ftmfw ... Todd is great.... if you are having a problem with Todd lets be honest its probably out of his control.... he wouldnt purposely delay shipping or poorly design something.... that would just be ludacris from a business standpoint..... but these things happen to all companies...... how many of us have taken our tCs back for recall warranty work??? I dont see anyone complaining about that!!! Point being even the largest companies with the best designers in the world(like Toyota, Nissan, Honda) have issues..... thats just the way things are....
yea, like the general public would EVER realize that.

all they know is they get stuff now, they forget that todd is only human. cut him more slack than you would dezod or ptuning. that have facilities.

i've been to todd's place, it looks like a house with a garage to me.

wait. it is.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Its still not an excuse to not refund money to ppl who have been waiting almost a year like some ppl on the boards. Business is business there are no personal excuses for not having good business practice and ethics. If he doesnt have the man power or facilities, then stop taking orders from ppl and putting them off for months on end. If every business in the world would stop because of minor personal reasons then there would be no businesses left.

And if you really wanna play the "ohhh hes busy" game, then he should write on his website 4-6 month wait instead of 4 weeks.

And i was not happy upon receiving my kit. The piping is total crap, and he still owes me and many others an spipe...but 4get ever seeing that.

Absolutely unacceptable
Old 03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you missed the point about the refund...Todd was doing the guy a favor, letting him pay a little here, a little there, over the course of MONTHS! You think Dezod or PTUning will let you do that?

Obviously, the money Todd received got spent running the business...so then when all of the sudden the guy changes his mind, he want his money back. On that "special purchse", Todd is not required to honor the refun at all, but it seems like he is. So it's expected that the refund will take a long time since the money is not there.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Understood BUT,

Did this guy pay in increments after getting his kit? Then i could see Todd on the good side of this...

But if both parties agreed to the circumstances that todd would be paid in incremnts and when paid in full the kit would ship...then those conditions do not change the right to a prompt refund
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

guys - please stay on track. Anybody else have any more TT news on blocks which were redone through the assistance of their company?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I went through Todd for the ERL 2az-fe Race Package, and am just waiting for the engine to be shipped back.

Let me say that going through Todd and ERL has been far less of a hassle than it could/should have been. They've been so patient with me and my situation that I would recommend them OVER AND OVER. Whenever I've needed a question answered, I sent Todd a text, and got a reply within minutes.

As soon as the engine is back in the car, I'll post up like a muhfugga.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^what is the expected turn-a-round time?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

2-3 weeks.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

todd is not your mom. he is not there for you to send money for him to save up for you. it does not work that way. spent the money running a business knowing he had to keep that guy in mind and finish his kit. for that guy to send money over months than decide to change his mind is wrong.