Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No way was your engine was faulty. Its pretty ignorant for anyone to suggest that. Something must have gone wrong with the install or components in the kit. Good luck getting her back up and running.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
A car is never an investment. And not everyone buys it as an affordable priced car. So quit it already.

(just as I think you got over yourself (you have had some helpful posts in the last few days) you prove you are the same old, I only post how much toyota sucks and hahahaha to everything that happens stuff)
wrong again genius.

VW R32. great investment. Those cars barely depreciate at all. You can sell them for only slightly less than you bought them for.

fyi: anything you buy with the intention of selling in the future is an investment. a car that depreciates LESS than another car could be considered a BETTER investment.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man.. makes me think twice about boosting my car.. i say just try to sell the kit again.. thatll at least get your car running again.. then if your up to it.. try again.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

this is one reason that im scared to go forced induction.
I'll stick with my i/h/e combo untill my car is paid off
but good luck with everything.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by crazyedie19
this is one reason that im scared to go forced induction.
I'll stick with my i/h/e combo untill my car is paid off
but good luck with everything.
I had I/H/E + tune and it still wasn't enough for me.

The ONLY reason why I turbo'd...after many, many months of debating, was because of how good of a reputation Dezod has.

Now this =/
Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc
[VW R32. great investment. Those cars barely depreciate at all. You can sell them for only slightly less than you bought them for.
Get an R32, boost it, slam it and drop some audio in it and see if it goes up or down in value...
1 year after I got my tC...it actually went UP in value cause no one could find them...then I slammed it and boosted it and it dropped to $10K.

What he was saying is that if you bought it as an investement, you would not be in the FI forums.

Schuller: so then if it wasnt' a bad motor (like all those '05 motors that blew after boost) then your saying it was Dezod's fault for bad tuning, right?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know, let me rephrase taht, since he would not have blown his motor if not boosted...HOWEVER...they dont' build engines to run at peak performanc, and we rely on that margin to boost into. If his motor blew when he was bareley getting on it, it probably would have done the same with just a SC on it, and I would call that a faulty motor.

But I guess we'll never really know.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its just funny because i was basically the original person (and one of the first thousand tc owners) to say beware of boosting the tc........
Old 02-13-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

A car is never an investment. And not everyone buys it as an affordable priced car. So quit it already.

(just as I think you got over yourself (you have had some helpful posts in the last few days) you prove you are the same old, I only post how much toyota sucks and hahahaha to everything that happens stuff)
wrong again genius.

VW R32. great investment. Those cars barely depreciate at all. You can sell them for only slightly less than you bought them for.

fyi: anything you buy with the intention of selling in the future is an investment. a car that depreciates LESS than another car could be considered a BETTER investment.
Um actually VW depreciate like crazy, your statement of them being a great investment is absolutely ignorant, as are most of the posts you put up on this website.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its just funny because i was basically the original person (and one of the first thousand tc owners) to say beware of boosting the tc........
*rolls eyes* Anything can be boosted if proper research is done, good tuning is performed, and extreme care is taken during installation. If someone makes a stupid mistake, no matter what car you are driving, that can mean the engine goes bye-bye in a heart beat.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

But you have only been around since May 19, 2007? On this forum? How is that possible? Go away Forpinks....
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Sounds like the turbo kit was to blame. Maybe due to the wastegate not working correctly, pressure built in the engine and it popped it that way, or it stopped squirting oil.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

*waits for SL mob mentality to form*
Old 02-13-2008, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

That is the most internal damage I have ever seen on a scion, and almost the worst I have seen from a turbo'd motor... I hope all ends well for you.
I've learned my lesson about driving without a proper tune, (although no where near that bad)... let's just say I have a back up motor for use now with my car...

good luck, you've got a long road ahead of you and alot of $$ to spend...
Old 02-13-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

btw.. Kikcaffine is a tool and doesn't know what he is talking about~~!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Complication
btw.. Kikcaffine is a tool and doesn't know what he is talking about~~!!!
Complication doesnt even have a tC anymore, the shop doing the work on it owns it now! PWND NOOB
Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many psi were you running? it looks like an overboost or with you saying it was in partial throttle it went way lean, with the UEGO not responding i wouldnt have drove it, if it was installed properly the only reason it wouldnt respond is if you were passed its range, i believe it only goes up to 22 af/r? which is waaaaayyy lean. I highly doubt its a faulty engine, my guess would be something in the tune or wastegate/boost controller allowing it to overboost
Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

CAUTION THREAD JACK IN PROGRESS!!!!

Kikcaffine needs to remember to ask me next time he needs to work on his Scion so he doesn't jack things up... Oh by the way... I'll drive your lame a$$ tonight,,, it's ok you don't have to walk...

Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Complication
CAUTION THREAD JACK IN PROGRESS!!!!

Kikcaffine needs to remember to ask me next time he needs to work on his Scion so he doesn't jack things up... Oh by the way... I'll drive your lame a$$ tonight,,, it's ok you don't have to walk...

The next time i jack things up? Atleast I work on my OWN car and dont pay others to do it. Damn rite your driving me tonight, I have driven you for months since you broke your tC due to being dumb and not using a tune or having an exhaust, ricer.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by kikcaffine

wrong again genius.

Um actually VW depreciate like crazy, your statement of them being a great investment is absolutely ignorant, as are most of the posts you put up on this website.
VW has one of the highest resale values on the market. go do some research then eat you hat.

and to the OP..its pretty shady to try and take the car back to stock and ask toyota for a new engine. as the saying goes. You gotta pay to play.

Quick Reply: 3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later