Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kikcaffine just got PWND
Old 02-13-2008, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Originally Posted by Complication
CAUTION THREAD JACK IN PROGRESS!!!!

Kikcaffine needs to remember to ask me next time he needs to work on his Scion so he doesn't jack things up... Oh by the way... I'll drive your lame a$$ tonight,,, it's ok you don't have to walk...

The next time i jack things up? Atleast I work on my OWN car and dont pay others to do it. Damn rite your driving me tonight, I have driven you for months since you broke your tC due to being dumb and not using a tune or having an exhaust, ricer.

As soon as I learn how to bore my block, balance my crank, PnP my head, blueprint my oilpump, and make custom Piping and manifolds I'll get back to you... otherwise I do my own work... *****... , btw... by the time you resPWND to this post... I will be in the car riving down the road!!.. your a$$ still be at home...

now BACK ON TOPIC... /threadjack...

(that means don't resPWND Kik...! )
Old 02-13-2008, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

http://online.wsj.com/public/article...742992309.html

if you didnt find anything yet here ya go. have a nice day
-and for the reliability argument that is sure to come (even though you really cant much since you blow up your reliable toyota engine) read these

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/edi...jd-powers-iqs/
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/edi...sumer-reports/
Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
Originally Posted by SePaTc
its just funny because i was basically the original person (and one of the first thousand tc owners) to say beware of boosting the tc........
But you have only been around since May 19, 2007? On this forum? How is that possible? Go away Forpinks....
yeah i just saw that too. pretty sure he is a and
Old 02-13-2008, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Sounds like the turbo kit was to blame. Maybe due to the wastegate not working correctly, pressure built in the engine and it popped it that way, or it stopped squirting oil.
That's what my suspicion would be.

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
Originally Posted by Nick06tC
A car is never an investment. And not everyone buys it as an affordable priced car. So quit it already.

(just as I think you got over yourself (you have had some helpful posts in the last few days) you prove you are the same old, I only post how much toyota sucks and hahahaha to everything that happens stuff)
wrong again genius.

VW R32. great investment. Those cars barely depreciate at all. You can sell them for only slightly less than you bought them for.

fyi: anything you buy with the intention of selling in the future is an investment. a car that depreciates LESS than another car could be considered a BETTER investment.
Um actually VW depreciate like crazy, your statement of them being a great investment is absolutely ignorant, as are most of the posts you put up on this website.
and to the OP..its pretty shady to try and take the car back to stock and ask toyota for a new engine. as the saying goes. You gotta pay to play.
That's stupid. Either the engine was faulty or in the install/tune was faulty. Either way, the OP shouldn't have had to pay for all of that...
Old 02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
its just funny because i was basically the original person (and one of the first thousand tc owners) to say beware of boosting the tc........
But you have only been around since May 19, 2007? On this forum? How is that possible? Go away Forpinks....
yeah i just saw that too. pretty sure he is a and
lol. uh oh!!! you got me!! i'm lying about when i got my car (november 04). :D

i left the forum for a while and forget my login info so i created a new account. u kids are really lame.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

its the risk you take when you do this kinda stuff. there has been plenty of cases of ppl that spun the bearings on a stock tC. you can tell yourself whatever you want to sleep better at night...but engines dont grenade like that for no reason. and if the car was running within stock perimeters the CPU prob would have caught it and warned you. there are 1,001 things it could have caused it but there is NO reason toyota should have to pay for it. thats the kinda ____ that reflects back on all the rest of the owners with higher repair costs and want not. if the problem was with the install/tune then thats between you and the shop. you already stated that stuff didnt fit right yet you still put it on and drove the car before it was performing correctly. so again i can see why the shop woudlnt want to cover it.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyways...back on topic.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

if iw as the OP i would be _____ing and moaning at the install shop to cover some of this. it obviously is something they did/didnt do.

while you have the engine out why not drop in some stronger rods/pistons?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its the risk you take when you do this kinda stuff. there has been plenty of cases of ppl that spun the bearings on a stock tC. you can tell yourself whatever you want to sleep better at night...but engines dont grenade like that for no reason. and if the car was running within stock perimeters the CPU prob would have caught it and warned you. there are 1,001 things it could have caused it but there is NO reason toyota should have to pay for it. thats the kinda poop that reflects back on all the rest of the owners with higher repair costs and want not. if the problem was with the install/tune then thats between you and the shop. you already stated that stuff didnt fit right yet you still put it on and drove the car before it was performing correctly. so again i can see why the shop woudlnt want to cover it.
So are you saying that a spun bearing on a stock motor is not a faulty engine?
Anyway, I liked your link about VW resale value...very interesing:

What's funny is that both the xB and the tC are in the top 10 list, but the R32 is not...but he eos and jetta are! I kinda like the jetta, but the eos? c'mon! Who the hell is modding an eos? Have they even been out long enough to determin resale value?

anyway, the point is the dude blew his motor and is out a bunch of cash and all your muther____ers can do is b!tch about stupid ****? show some ____!ng compasion!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i dont say that toyotas resale value was low. its obviously very high. but so is VW. and they didnt do older cars. the last R32 was in 2004 and this survey came out before the new 08 one.

and in regards to the engine falling apart. i feel like we arent getting the whole story. for that kind of damage something had to be seriously wrong. he said the engine management wasnt working correctly so im guessing its related to that. there is a laundry list a mile lone of stuff that could cause a problem. Its the risk you take when you do this stuff. Engines are very complex machines, if "bolting on a turbo" was so easy toyota would have done it from the start.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

thats the kinda poop that reflects back on all the rest of the owners with higher repair costs and want not. if the problem was with the install/tune then thats between you and the shop. you already stated that stuff didnt fit right yet you still put it on and drove the car before it was performing correctly. so again i can see why the shop woudlnt want to cover it.
That is the thing though...I was told it would be fine to drive it without any issues.

Who am I, someone who has ONLY dealt with SLIGHT engine mods, to second guess someone who does this for a living?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

You should be going after the shop to replace all this. its there fault. they SHOULD have some kinda of warranty on there work.

- at the very least you should be refunded the money for the install and tune. then sell the turbo kit and you might be able to come out even or somewhat close.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

That shop would be Dezod =/
Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

look man i agree with you 100% some one (besides you) should be paying for some of this. its not toyota because they didnt add the turbo. and they can easily say the turbo caused the failure and you will not get anywhere. Dezod should be covering this for you, if nothing else then to protect there image of reliability and public opinion. if he told you it was ok then you had no reason to doubt him since HE IS THE EXPERT.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YourNameHere:
I'd have to agree with your last 3 posts.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My observations:

kikcaffine & complication are lovers...HaHa

I rember you SePaTc!...where u been??

Then Paul I think u need to go after Dezod...does sound like they were at fault...they don't wanna back up their work etc...or be Blamed!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Holy band wagon mentality. Complication is my lover, not the other way around, he is also my roommate. Go figure.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

straight from dezod website

WARRANTY: No warranty what so ever will be given if the defect was caused by customers' abuse, negligence, mishandling, or improper installation. All merchandise sold by Dezod Motorsports is only subject to manufacturer warranty, if any. Warranty items are subject to submission to the manufacturers for inspection and approval for repair or replacement of merchandise. Customer, however, will be responsible for all shipping and handling fees. No labor or inconvenience may be included in any warranty claims. There is no warranty on lights, light bulbs, decals, electrical parts, brake rotors. brake pads, discontinued items and engine parts. Check your state and local laws regarding the use on any parts.

http://www.dezod.com/faq.cfm

- seeing as how you didnt install the parts you should be covered. get ont he phone. although that wording is pretty vague so they might be able to get away with not covering you.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Wow. this post was made like 3 hours ago and its at 3 pages. haha

Quick Reply: 3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later