Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So have you contaced dezod about this?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Been there, done that.lol Sorry to hear this and I hope everything works out. Really if you look at it you are only down like $3100+/- for the motor and install of the motor.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrownDogg

DezodWest installed the kit and tuned the kit with a base map and street tuning. So Dezod should help pay for this if not all of it
Just to clarify...we never made it to the street tuning process...

Originally Posted by etsnet
Been there, done that.lol Sorry to hear this and I hope everything works out. Really if you look at it you are only down like $3100+/- for the motor and install of the motor.
Only? That is a lot of money...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you spoken to Dezod about it? What did your installer say when he say the damage (besides oh ____!)?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never made it to the street tuning?
So then you were just driving on the base map? an untuned map?
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Have you spoken to Dezod about it? What did your installer say when he say the damage (besides oh poop!)?
x2 - why didnt you call dezod when it blew up! i can see them saying your to late now and should have called right away.
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^ Claimed it was a faulty Oil Pump/engine...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by anurok
isnt that something they should check before you do something like this?! there had to be signs that something wasnt working properly.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Has he spoken to Dezod? Are you kidding me? DEZOD installed the kit. The owner of Dezodwest (Joe) in Arizona installed the kit. Of course they know whats going on. The car is in the hands of Dezodwest as im typing. Anurok is in San Diego and was forced to leave his car with DezodWest as he couldnt drive it home to San Diego.

So Joe the owner of Dezod West aka the installer knows about it.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
isnt that something they should check before you do something like this?! there had to be signs that something wasnt working properly.
^^^ yes, i'd have to agree with this. Did you maybe damage the oil pump putting the tapped pan back on teh block maybe? That is some catastrophic damage done to your engine! it looks like a crime scene.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Have you spoken to Dezod about it? What did your installer say when he say the damage (besides oh poop!)?
x2 - why didnt you call dezod when it blew up! i can see them saying your to late now and should have called right away.
Read the post I just made. Dezod drove over to Paul and i at the car right after it blew up. Hes not late on doing anything
Old 02-13-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

well hopefully dezod covers this. good luck.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Word. This is the kind of thing that can really hurt a company if it doesnt turn out rite. The OP seems to have a good head on his shoulders about this whole situation. Hope it works out for him.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

It's almost like ZPI all over again.

(looks at tC and prays ZPI kit doesn't blow up spontaneously)
Old 02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrownDogg
Wow. this post was made like 3 hours ago and its at 3 pages. haha

Well I was driving next to Anurok when his motor blew. Smoke everywhere. Not good.

I think and know the motor blew because of the turbo. His engine was fine with i/h/e every day all day long. Then turbo and it blew. He didnt even drive the car for a total of 1 hour and it blew.

DezodWest installed the kit and tuned the kit with a base map and street tuning. So Dezod should help pay for this if not all of it
The blown engine could have been a numerous amount of things, so who knows who to blame. I wish there was a certain way to know exactly what did it.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Soulquarian

No its not at all like ZPI. Jeez guys, chilax until Dezod says what they are planning on doing.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

is think its a little early to say thes a company wide melt down...everything breaks. hopefully this is taken care of and everyone is happy
Old 02-13-2008, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Originally Posted by Soulquarian

No its not at all like ZPI. Jeez guys, chilax until Dezod says what they are planning on doing.
I know the OP, and he's been in constant contact with Dezod over the issue. $10,000 gone, car in another state, no engine...

Sounds like ZPI. They could prove me and everyone wrong, but until then, the OP is still GREATLY inconvienced.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^ yes, i'd have to agree with this. Did you maybe damage the oil pump putting the tapped pan back on teh block maybe? That is some catastrophic damage done to your engine! it looks like a crime scene.
I hardly think the pump could of been damaged by the oil pan being put back on unless you hit the pump with a hammer before putting the pan on.lol I'm not gonna say that it was this or that but I don't think I would of been driving the car over 3500rpms on a base map but that's me.

As for who's responsible for it is up to anurok and Dezod. When my car went on the dyno and the "great dr. strickler" was tuning it I didn't blame him cuz it was a risk I took. Even after all the crap that went down with zpi I still wouldn't really say I blame him because I knew that it could happen. Just my two cents. Hope everything works out.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

The chart goes of residual value.... a value that the manufacturer puts on the car they build. When it comes to trade-in the vehicle, odds are its a total different number than the residual value. Bottom line, residual value doesn't determine used car values properly. There is not a Toyota/Scion out there that won't hold its value better than a VW/Jetta. Do the math. Scion is one of the best in retained value and odds are you'll find used Scions with values closer or higher than new MSRPs. You'll never find a German vehicle with those numbers sorry. To factor in lease numbers, Scion have the WORST residual values. They don't want these cars back rather let the market keep them cause.... they sell. They don't carry Manufacturers incentives or "special interest rates" to move them off lots. The result, best re-sale value on the market. Did I mention its a Toyota.

Diesel VWs have good resale value.... pretty much it. VWs have as high repair costs as any German automaker. Every VW that comes through my work on trade is hit with a low value cause of cost to own/repair. Funny how BMW is on there too. How many lease return 3 series can there be? Market is flooded with them. Not to mention the trade-ins for the re-designs that come pretty often. The first two are some of the worst depreciating vehicles on the market. To be kind, the new Vette maybe on the way up from being the first Vette without a bad re-sale value. Granted this is in November but I just don't see how this acticle even made it up there. Jaguar not as bad as Chevy! lol As bad as the market is I still see 1500 pick-ups being bought and those S-types collecting dust. BTW check Edmunds... a better market value source than KBB.

On topic, my RS2 went through hell to get running and I wish you the best anurok.

Quick Reply: 3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later