Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW I expect a nice witty response where you use your play of words ever so carefully. Can't wait!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Just to clarify things up for those who do not know... Joe (Dezod West) has been there for paul every step of the way from installing the kit to when it blew to now. So Dezod and Dezodwest havn't even come close to abandoning their customers.

If I remember correctly when I called Joe to tell him that Pauls car had a problem he was still in bed sleeping and he jumped out of bed and grabbed a bunch of tools to give "Dezod West Roadside Assistance" early on a Saturday morning. I know of ZERO companies that do that for their customers. So for anyone to say even come close to comparing ZPI to Dezod is CrAzY!

This unfortunate case with Anuroks car is just another perfect example of DezodWests excellent customer service. Dezod West FTMFW
Old 02-16-2008, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
BTW I expect a nice witty response where you use your play of words ever so carefully. Can't wait!
So true!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 PM

[quote="rhythmnsmoke"][quote="Moveover"]
Originally Posted by Simplyscion

Coming from the guy who thinks Kenny recently just got released from jail for Drug dealing.....

Originally Posted by Moveover
all of their shop cars are flippin' slow. zpi is junk if you woulda hung around louisville and went by some other shops and see what they thought about zpi, you prolly woulda left town before you even got near zpi. but congrats for buyin a turbo kit from a recently released drug dealer
listen you dumb bastard. i never said he just got out of prison i said that when he originally opened ZPI, he had JUST gotten out of prison
Old 02-16-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, ease on the name calling!
Old 02-17-2008, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrownDogg
If I remember correctly when I called Joe to tell him that Pauls car had a problem he was still in bed sleeping and he jumped out of bed and grabbed a bunch of tools to give "Dezod West Roadside Assistance" early on a Saturday morning.
Dezod West FTMFW
THE GUY DROVE OUT FROM CALIFORNIA TO ARIZONA,THATS THE LEAST HE COULD HAVE DONE!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Due to some unfortunate circumstances in my financial situation I have to get rid of the turbo to be able to afford the engine work.

I need my car for work and transport and getting that fixed is more important to me than having the turbo as of now.

If anyone is looking to buy a brand new kit (30 miles or so on it) PM me for a price or something.

Sigh, all this work and it turns out like this.

And to whoever it was that said I got on it...I assure you I didn't. What it felt like was a spike in boost and it jumped like crazy when it happened. This is going from 3rd to 4th.

Even when I was NA I did not down shift hard enough to red line it, and I surely did not start with the install of the kit =/
Old 02-17-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So sorry to hear that, I would be very bummed too.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AND I assume it would be hard to sell a turbo kit that was on an engine when it failed. So, good luck man and check EVERYTHING and make sure it`s right. I am pretty sure it was because of the tune without gauges.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by anurok

And to whoever it was that said I got on it...I assure you I didn't. What it felt like was a spike in boost and it jumped like crazy when it happened. This is going from 3rd to 4th.
I said it but I guess it was taken wrong. What you said about the boost spike is one of the things I said. What I meant by "got on it" is when you press the gas fast you go in to boost no matter if you are at 3000RPM or 6000RPMS (I think you said you were at 4K). If you gradually press the gas you won't enter boost. This is why I said knowingly or not, obviously it was not.

Anyway, I'm sorry you have to get rid of it. I know what it's like to go through this and you will probably be better off not having to be stressed with the money as much if you had kept the kit. Good luck and I'll ask around if anyone in my club is looking for a kit.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by Soulquarian
It's almost like ZPI all over again.

(looks at tC and prays ZPI kit doesn't blow up spontaneously)

Well, the original poster can be glad he didn't have a ZPI kit do this to your car. Otherwise you would have vultures all over it taking a dump in your thread. Funny after reading so many pages how the comments would be DRASTICALLY different had this been a guy who had a kit from the former ZPI.
Maybe if ZPI didn't have a rep for doing things like this and F-ing people over then people wouldn't jump all over the situation saying how bad they are/were. I see we are still giving them nuts a little hug.j/k I had to say it.lol

Oh please, they were all over ZPI's case LONG before the fiasco.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Rythm you like to instigate things and stir things up dont you?

This whole thing has been settled and this is all getting taken care of. People get on ZPI's case because of how they treated their customers. People defend us because of how we handle our customers.

"Double standards" - As if we're the same as ZPI and should be compared to them equally when one has a problem? You've got to be joking me.

Let it go. We're not screwing over the customer, he's not mad at us, things are getting resolved. We don't abandon anything and it seems as though you want to stir things up with me and Paul, or Dezod as a whole from time to time just to nit pick. I know you aren't a fan of Dezod but the instigation does not have to exist.

"I" like to instigate things and stir up things..... You complaining about 1 person (me), when there are dozens that make far Worst comments than I ever do.

Who said anything about screwing over a customer. My point was, if this guys motor blew on a ZPI kit....

IMMEDIATE response would be......"oh, your kit is horrible".

Don't act like what I'm saying is not true.

You think I'm witty....lol, thanks for the compliment.

I would write what I really think about this guys story, but then I would be stooping to other peoples levels in "bashing".
Old 02-17-2008, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

[quote="Moveover"][quote="rhythmnsmoke"]
Originally Posted by Simplyscion

Coming from the guy who thinks Kenny recently just got released from jail for Drug dealing.....

all of their shop cars are flippin' slow. zpi is junk if you woulda hung around louisville and went by some other shops and see what they thought about zpi, you prolly woulda left town before you even got near zpi. but congrats for buyin a turbo kit from a recently released drug dealer
listen you dumb bastard. i never said he just got out of prison i said that when he originally opened ZPI, he had JUST gotten out of prison
I didn't put the words in your mouth, you wrote them....lol. "Recently" released is what you wrote, not me.

I think I saw another rumor some time ago that his wife left him too....
Old 02-17-2008, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

wow this crazy ZPI fanboi is still around, referring to "rhythmnsmoke".

"anurok", sorry to hear about your loss. Your car was healthy enough to drive all the way to AZ. After turbo installed then kaboom the next day. Anyone who says its a faulty engine need to go hang themselves. Dezod at minimum should cover half of the bill to replace your engine.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Due to some unfortunate circumstances in my financial situation I have to get rid of the turbo to be able to afford the engine work.

I need my car for work and transport and getting that fixed is more important to me than having the turbo as of now.

If anyone is looking to buy a brand new kit (30 miles or so on it) PM me for a price or something.

Sigh, all this work and it turns out like this.

Even when I was NA I did not down shift hard enough to red line it, and I surely did not start with the install of the kit =/
So what you are saying paul is dezod will not take the kit back because it has been used for 30 miles? GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! (LAME)

I cant beleive they wont take it back, I mean the guy should have told you to put a boost controller to regulate boost. Did he even tell about boost spikes? Dezod really is not giving you and exceptional customer service like they make it seem on these boards! It is like we talk to him on the phone or text, and he gives us bull answers, yet when we get on these boards he's all no paul we are taking care of you we are trying really hard....BULL!!!

They didn't even make the Downpipe and the wastegate line up properly, so know the shop over here has to fix there mistake by cuttung it and re-weilding...WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

It has not been a fun ride for me =/

The kit will not go back in the car at this point and I will have to try and sell it. I need to cover some of the cash that is being spent on my credit card so I can pay bills.

It sucks, but I don't have much power over what the shop wants for the install really.

After they told me how much it would be to install the gauges , reweld the down pipe, and install the turbo my heart sank =/

I also can not post in the classifieds section so this is not going to be easy.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't pay any attention to Rhythmsmoke.

I've seen him stir things up time and time again, he just loves the attention.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

You can post in the PPC classifieds... All you need is 50 posts.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I also can not post in the classifieds section so this is not going to be easy.
Im sure if you ask, one of the guys from dezod can post up the sales ad in the classifieds area for you.I bet they would say yes to that and it looks a lot better seeing as they are the ones trying to sell the kit and the buyer wouldn't hafta worry about being scammed cause everyone knows Dezod is legit. If you dont feel like asking them to make the post in the classifieds, you only need 50 posts so Im sure if this thread stays alive for aonther week or so you will hit 50 posts if you havent already. Post up in other threads, not just this one and you will get to 50 a lot sooner
edit: I just checked your profile and your well over 50 posts so your able to make the sales ad in the classifieds forum yourself. Get to it if you havent already. If you arent sure on how to setup the sales ad listing, ask on of us. My name is Vito, so if you have any questions about anything feel free to hit me up and I will try to help anyway that I can
Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Appreciate the help Vito. I will try it now =D

I need to get this thing moving heh. The shop wont wait long for payments.

Quick Reply: 3 Weeks, 2 Engines, 1 Dezod S1, and $10,000 later