Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

300 hp range.who's there and what u running

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Weigh your car. I went to the strip today, numbers jive . I trapped between 118 and 120mph today... scale at MIR put me at 2350. That calculator I posted was dead on for me using our numbers.
I'll do that if I can find a scale. However I'm pretty sure it's the dyno results that are low. The shop was over 90F during the runs and they only had one small fan blowing air through the radiator. There was no air going through the SMIC or toward the air filter as it normally would. My OBD IAT was over 120F during the runs. I won't use them again.

My 14.33 ET was run at ~75F. Scion lists the curb weight at 3080 plus I had 60 lbs of gas, a 10" sub box & amp, sway and strut bars, turbo, cast iron manifold, SMIC, etc. and my 275lbs. I figure about 3450 lbs total.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it makes you feel better my sc still hasnt hit 300 yet. mayb after the tune.. btw the engine is fully built. once the sc goes gonna get swap out and set up for turbo. from my what i know with 2.5inch is good enough for 225-275whp and 3inch is good for 300-450whp or something like that less back press means more hp and more back press means more tq. correct me if im wrong.. last time i study about turbos about 3+ years ago.. on celica all trac
Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
unichip cannot tune closed loop for our cars so what that means is it cannot tune partial throttle the only units that can are the Emanage Ultimate and the FiC. the FiC is the more pocket friendly unit and is reliable the ultimate is more costly but has way more options.

Dude that's B.S., The Uni chip tunes in closed loop and partial throttle through the MAF sensor. It is a very good unit. Most people hate due to the lack of tuners since you need to be certified through Uni-chip. If the Uni-chip didn't make adjustments in closed loop, then tell my how I have a perfect idle in closed loop with 630cc injectors?
Old 08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by maherdan82
Dude that's B.S., The Uni chip tunes in closed loop and partial throttle through the MAF sensor. It is a very good unit. Most people hate due to the lack of tuners since you need to be certified through Uni-chip. If the Uni-chip didn't make adjustments in closed loop, then tell my how I have a perfect idle in closed loop with 630cc injectors?
Idle is Not closed loop tuning. The Emanage Blue can idle larger injectors but can't do closed loop tuning.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idle is open loop
Old 08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That may be, but I have spoken with Uni-chip and was told adjustments are made on partial throttle. During partial boost in closed loop it sees the difference in voltage across the maff and makes adjustments. I know If I partial boost cruising I will dip in the low 13's afr.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=trd07tc;3892002]idle is open loop[/quot

Why would a scan tool say closed loop warmed up at idle then?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A cold engine idles in open loop for a very short time before entering closed loop where it remains from idle to the load point where open loop is entered. Unichip, Greddy blue, EMU, etc. can sort of tune closed loop by providing injector size correction. However they can't change the target AFR from stoich. At least not sustainably. The AFR may dip below 14.7 but the ECU will immediately attempt to correct this back to 14.7. The only way it can't is if the max fuel trim is exceeded, in which case you'll get a CEL. You might see richer than stoich closed loop more on a new tune but eventually the ECU will adjust the long term fuel trim to compensate and you'll be back to stoich or adding fuel to your tune. It's simply not a good way to "tune" closed loop AFR.

The FIC differs by using circuitry that modifies the primary O2 sensor signal to the ECU. By making the O2 sensor read leaner than the actual AFR it causes the ECU to add fuel to acheive what it thinks is stoich AFR when in fact it is now richer. OBD data logs will show 14.7:1 AFR (1.00 Lambda) but your wide band gauge will show the true AFR targeted by the FIC. There are other units that can tune closed loop AFR such as the Split Second Enricher and URD AFR modifier but that's all that these units do. Adding one of these to a Unichip or Greddy piggy would provide the sustainable closed loop fuel enrichment needed.

I hope this clears things up.

Last edited by ScionFred; 08-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
A cold engine idles in open loop for a very short time before entering closed loop where it remains from idle to the load point where open loop is entered. Unichip, Greddy blue, EMU, etc. can sort of tune closed loop by providing injector size correction. However they can't change the target AFR from stoich. At least not sustainably. The AFR may dip below 14.7 but the ECU will immediately attempt to correct this back to 14.7. The only way it can't is if the max fuel trim is exceeded, in which case you'll get a CEL. You might see richer than stoich closed loop more on a new tune but eventually the ECU will adjust the long term fuel trim to compensate and you'll be back to stoich or adding fuel to your tune. It's simply not a good way to "tune" closed loop AFR.

The FIC differs by using circuitry that modifies the primary O2 sensor signal to the ECU. By making the O2 sensor read leaner than the actual AFR it causes the ECU to add fuel to acheive what it thinks is stoich AFR when in fact it is now richer. OBD data logs will show 14.7:1 AFR (1.00 Lambda) but your wide band gauge will show the true AFR targeted by the FIC. There are other units that can tune closed loop AFR such as the Split Second Enricher and URD AFR modifier but that's all that these units do. Adding one of these to a Unichip or Greddy piggy would provide the sustainable closed loop fuel enrichment needed.

I hope this clears things up.

EXACTLY!..good job Fred!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

in more simple terms...maf has the first say in how much fuel...o2 has the last word.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Thanks Crush. I like your simple version better.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by maherdan82
That may be, but I have spoken with Uni-chip and was told adjustments are made on partial throttle. During partial boost in closed loop it sees the difference in voltage across the maff and makes adjustments. I know If I partial boost cruising I will dip in the low 13's afr.

old thread i know but that would be nice if we had a map sensor, but we dont. We have a MAF sensor no MAP sensor =) I ran into that problem with the unichip, just purchased the sse life is good.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im running a holset hy35 turbo with a turbo toyotas mani and 3 inch exhaust greddy profec b boost controller with an emanage ultimate and 500cc injectors at 10 psi. full boost at 3k rpm LOVE my set up!