Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

318_tC Dyno Results-454whp

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by Brett
two more days

i have a feeling that this car will make the most power out of all of us. im geussing in the 460-480whp range.
That's if the AEM turns out to be what it's supposed to be. Still haven't seen but one tc have it and it didn't work out.
i belive it was this guy.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think there was at least one other guy saying he was ditching his AEM for the Hydra cause it wasn't working for him.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 PM

The AEM is a very capable system, but, don't expect to plug it in and tune it yourself unless you have a lot of experience with fuel injection tuning. It's not quite as plug and play on the TC as it is on the rest of AEM's lineup. We spent about 10 hours start to finish, and i have a fair amount of experience with this stuff, to say the least. That being said, i'd still take the AEM over anything out there but Motec.

Next time Jeff comes back we're going to setup the AEM to control boost relative to vehicle speed, and install a smaller wastegate spring so he's not trying to put down 350lbs of torque in 1st and 2nd gear! That will make a huge difference in ET's on this car.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tony1
It's not just about the intercooler getting heat soaked, it's about the intercoolers ability to break up the air and cool it. Air temps out of the turbo are easily 300deg plus at big boost levels, an intercooler that COOLS more efficiently WILL make more power.

Absolutely correct Tony.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
SL Member

The AEM is a very capable system, but, don't expect to plug it in and tune it yourself unless you have a lot of experience with fuel injection tuning. It's not quite as plug and play on the TC as it is on the rest of AEM's lineup. We spent about 10 hours start to finish, and i have a fair amount of experience with this stuff, to say the least. That being said, i'd still take the AEM over anything out there but Motec.

Next time Jeff comes back we're going to setup the AEM to control boost relative to vehicle speed, and install a smaller wastegate spring so he's not trying to put down 350lbs of torque in 1st and 2nd gear! That will make a huge difference in ET's on this car.
or just convince him to run slicks, and upgaded axles and take full advantage of that delicious low gear torque.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Yeah the AEM is a hell of a EMS. It offers so much for the price. I would like to dabble with Motec as that is one of the few I have yet to really play with.

Not to mention if Jeff's 2 Step and traction control are programmed, it's game over.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I think there was at least one other guy saying he was ditching his AEM for the Hydra cause it wasn't working for him.
Rasta
Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
SL Member

i think some people might have tried to use aem on there car and got discouraged because they could not get it to function properly due to lack of knowlage on how to use it. but when you have someone who knows their $hit. well its like paul said. "game over".
Old 06-07-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think some people might have tried to use aem on there car and got discouraged because they could not get it to function properly due to lack of knowlage on how to use it. but when you have someone who knows their $hit. well its like paul said. "game over".
well put.. ive seen 1 tc personally with the AEM wired up (by hand) and its working flawlessly on the tc but thats just it.. it works but im not in love with the guys choices for parts..

AEM > none

arent they making a PnP harness now for the tc?? or isnt someone making it.. i forgot who. but i know theres a harness for it now.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
well put.. ive seen 1 tc personally with the AEM wired up (by hand) and its working flawlessly on the tc but thats just it.. it works but im not in love with the guys choices for parts..

AEM > none

arent they making a PnP harness now for the tc?? or isnt someone making it.. i forgot who. but i know theres a harness for it now.
Hi! That's us!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Their making one for hte AEM F/IC piggyback.
I think that's what I'm going to go with cause I only care about beeing in the 300s, and it should be much easier to set up.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now either you or tc4fun4me needs to post dynos in the Official FI HP thread so that IceNine's supercharger isn't the hightest number in the chart!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by TCpete

AEM > none

Hi! That's us!
i knew someone was doing it.. my brain is completely drained today so i couldnt remember who ..
Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 PM
SL Member

so i take it your not using your maf anymore?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

now race tc4fun4me id like to see that :D
Old 06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrScion07
now race tc4fun4me id like to see that :D
jeff had a better 1/4 mile time then that guy with his old setup.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

No, the stock PCM is piggybacked because of the DBW and requires the MAF to still spit a signal to get WOT. With our race team and the 07 tC, we found this out the hard way.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
SL Member

No, the stock PCM is piggybacked because of the DBW and requires the MAF to still spit a signal to get WOT. With our race team and the 07 tC, we found this out the hard way.

i was really looking forward to saying bye bye to maf
Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Yeah, but it just needs to spit a signal..................Damn DBW
Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 PM
SL Member

Yeah, but it just needs to spit a signal..................Damn DBW
did someone say cammry tb

Quick Reply: 318_tC Dyno Results-454whp