Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

400hp+ s/c with internals

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
SL Member

yes thanks for the zpi motor post. I've decided to go with the stage 3 motor and stage 2 head. because I ultimately want to break over 300 possibly the mid 4 low 500 hp with a s/c and I also want longevity. which will get me there and keep me satisfied for years to come. and ill probably be going with a 14 psi boost pully. like I said if I'm going to spend all this money I might as well do it right and still have room to build more hp
Old 05-22-2007, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ GL with this!!! I think it'd be nice to see a built S/C on here. I don't know of any. Keep us posted bro!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:24 PM
SL Member

indeed, I'm doing lsd clutch flywheel things of that sort. and I'm doing this for the love of performance and s/c that's why I'm not goin turbo. and its all coming outta my pocket. so it might go on a week to week thing but I will keep everyone up to date on my progress. weather its installing gauges taking pictures or dropping in the new motor
Old 05-22-2007, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

and what is the projection date of completion on all of this?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah...right...400-500 whp supercharged tc...that'll happen...you'd have to seriously upgrade the internals and then the pullys would have to be completely redone to make more psi, obviously you'd need a standalone ems and some very very smart people get this done on your car. and when all is said and done, you'll probably break a transmission bracket, or a seal.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
and what is the projection date of completion on all of this?
bro that will take him 4 hours to do... in need 4 speed totally unrealistic edition carbon.

the dreams of youth with no clue of what they are talking about with empty dreams lol
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
SL Member

hahaha so many young and dumb ones. talk now and ill laugh later, but its funny how it has said that breaking 300 hp with a sc is not possible, and obviously its been done with the only internals being cams. So like a say I will keep everyone posted. I hopefully will have this done by winter of this year.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned
SL Member

ok... here is just a thought. im no rocket surgeon... but here are some things i was thinking about in order to get this project done. please... someone correct me if im wrong.

TRD Supercharger - $2500ish
Stage 2 Head (ZPI) - $2,650
Stage 3 Motor - $4,999
Headers (MMW) $550
Intake (Injen) $275
Exhaust (Any) $300ish
Greddy E-Manage Ultimate - $900ish (Could be more)
Labor - $1500 - 2000?
Tuning - $250 per hr.

This is just guessing peeps. I know I'm not 100% on prices, and I could be missing more things. But, a turbo kit with stock motor would be about $3500-$4000ish total. Think about the money and time you will be investing into this "project". I hope you are making alot of money to make this project happen.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Curtball
possibly the mid 4 low 500 hp with a s/c
and I also want longevity

edit: for the money you're talking about spending, buy an 03-04 Cobra, put 2 grand into it and start trapping 130.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hahaha so many young and dumb ones. talk now and ill laugh later, but its funny how it has said that breaking 300 hp with a sc is not possible, and obviously its been done with the only internals being cams. So like a say I will keep everyone posted. I hopefully will have this done by winter of this year.
Karl - "icenine" dyno was 320whp cold and 311whp hot. The way I look at it is he has a 320whp car. I can't wait to see wait to see what your results will be with a higher redline. The one major factor that is killing the s/c is that it wants to keep making power but then slams into the rev limiter. With the ZPI engine kit and emanage ultimate I see your car making a lot of hp. I never road in Karls car after he finished getting it up to 320hp but a guy named Gary did ...he said it pulled real nice. I can see your car easily being around the 360whp mark. Keep in mind that a custom pulley is a 6week layback. I have had mine on order for 4 weeks now and should get it in a few weeks. I would prob go with a 14lb pulley and see what your initial results are. Ide love for ripp mods to make a s/c for the tC. If they did you could get easily over 400hp out of your setup since you are spending the $$ on building the engine from the start.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
SL Member

ok well now think about those same numbers and subtract the supercharger and add a turbo instead. because if I want serious hp and an engine that would last I would have to do the same internals and might as well get rid of the stock motor. and most of that I already have or I'm getting in the near future. the only thingi would be adding regarless of what type of f/I is the heads and motor which would be the most expensive sense I'm already s/c
Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
SL Member

yes well Ripp does have the custom s/c cams for sell for $599.95 check em out

https://www.rippstore.com/ProductDet...Code=00TCSCC01
Old 05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can’t blame you for wanting to make something of the blower, you have it so why get rid of it. Minus well rev the crap out of it until it blows. I really don’t think 400whp is out of the question, only if you have the extended redline and something to cool the spark (water/meth like Icenine).

The big thing to remember for anyone arguing against this possibility is that a 14psi pulley (stock redline) could end up being a 16-18psi at 7.5-8k rpms. Anyone who ever had a boost gauge on their s/c and watched where it took off can probably imaging this. You can always go turbo in the future, right now he can make the most of with F/I system. You might even be able to hang with those of us running stage 1 turbos in the ¼ mile…. The power curve is probably going to be somewhat of a spike so you might only be a 13sec car.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:21 PM
SL Member

that's exactly how I see it, and when the s/c does go out I will already have the build and would be able to slap on a turbo and boost right on up to 600 Hp. so to many 6k for a 400+ scion might be a lot but adding that to a 18k car is still impressive and cheaper then a stock car producing 400 hp
Old 05-22-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yes well Ripp does have the custom s/c cams for sell for $599.95 check em out

https://www.rippstore.com/ProductDet...Code=00TCSCC01
Yup - RIPP is only 45min from my house but I dont know about the cams. I wish they were new cams. Also - i really want to keep my car so that if my emanage gets messed up I would be able to take it out and run my car w/o it till I was able to get it fixed. If I had the cams I dont think I would be able to run the car w/o the emanage.

Also - if I put the cams in I should get bigger injectors and maybe a different fuel pump. Its one thing after another when adding HP the correct way.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're going to pay upwards to $10k for that motor job with tuning and labor.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for that amount of money id rather sell the tc get an evo with upgrades or and STI..BTW...
Old 05-22-2007, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Guys - he is asking for help - let him make the decisions on his own. he knows how much things are going to be. i like my tC a lot and think the style is a lot nicer then an evo or sti. If anything i think getting the bug eyed STI would be the nicest option.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just curious but has the superchargers issues been fixed before investing this money into it? ive heard of so many seals breaking on this damn thing. arent there other issues with it oiling so on so forth? man they need an aftermarket supercharger for this thing.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ there will always be problems with a very small percent but to answer your question ...yes. The mounts are different for all of the new chargers and the one piece comes preassembled (i think) and they also have the torque specs so the dealer can torque things correctly. In the past the dealers were torqueing things too hard.
But - I dont have a s/c warranty on mine due to failure (which it wasnt my fault but they agreed to fix things under warranty this time only) ....but anyway. .... The charger is nice but its built for the mass market ....not for hardcore usage. If you already have one there is no reason to not have fun with it. S/C's are a nice way to learn. This is my first FI car and i have learned a ton about forced induction over the last few years of reading and asking questions.

Quick Reply: 400hp+ s/c with internals