Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

500 hp tC..

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Todd, lets do it with my car.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by HyPn0TiC
Todd, lets do it with my car.
one gets the intake one gets the exhaust?

sorry i couldnt resist
Old 06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
He forgets to mention everything else....

Time and lots of $$$

He has MOTEC for one. More than most people spend on there turbo kit by itself.

They have spent more time on a dyno than the normal "consumer" can afford to do (plus they have there own so it helps)

The motor is sleeved...always has been (he just dyno'd over 700whp at the Modified CHallange here in AZ just a few weeks ago, Borg Warner Turbo)

Custom intake manifold, throttle body (no more drive by wire) etc, etc

There is a long list. Its not just a simple as they make it sound.

But you will see some more 500++whp SCIONS here in the near future. Some with standalones, some with Piggybacks.

Regards-

Todd

BUMP.....

So, I was listening to the ScionUnderground Podcast Episode 2 the other day. SU interviewed Chris Rado and talked a lot about their Time Attack tC "Black Betty".

Just find it interesting that during the interview, Rado say's and I QUOTE:

"This tC believe or not has a bone stock transmission with just a factory TRD Limited slip differential. The tranny is stock. The engine has 3 parts, Pistons, Rods and Headstuds, and that's it. There is no valves, no valve springs, no cams no nothing. We use all the stock Scion stuff. Ok we can run over 39 lbs of boost through the factory plastic intake manifold. We made over 620 ftlbs of torque to the front wheels through the stock intake manifold, through the stock transmission. With stock sleeves, so these cars are pretty wild."
Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very intresting...

has the 2az-fe really been pushed to the limits yet and documented?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
RADO --> "we can run over 39 lbs of boost through the factory plastic intake manifold"
I find that VERY hard to believe....
Old 07-01-2008, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

taking about ems, how is motec different from aem and hydra?? is it better? i never heard any other tcs running motec, but it might be that motec didnt make it for tc so all the other functions for street/daily use will be gone?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Complication
RADO --> "we can run over 39 lbs of boost through the factory plastic intake manifold"
i think they misquoted him. he probably said they CANT put more than 39 lbs through the stock mani. though 39 still seems insanely high
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by koontz946
i think they misquoted him. he probably said they CANT put more than 39 lbs through the stock mani. though 39 still seems insanely high

I was listening to the Podcast as I was making the post. It's not a Misquote, when it's Chris Rado talking himself. The post is WORD for WORD what he said. Call him a liar if you wish, but whether or not it's 39 lbs of boost or not, it was put on a dyno and made 600+whp, then later made 700+whp, on the same setup still, which would be factory intake manifold, factory tranny, factory head. Granted with his energy he gives, he could have gotten excited during his explanation of the car, but nonetheless every thing still holds true when it pumps out the power it has.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has anyone seen his drag tc, that beast is making 1200 hp.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the question is.. how long can you keep it at that without something going wrong? you'd need lots of money to further keep the maintenance on it..
Old 07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was listening to the Podcast as I was making the post. It's not a Misquote, when it's Chris Rado talking himself. The post is WORD for WORD what he said. Call him a liar if you wish, but whether or not it's 39 lbs of boost or not, it was put on a dyno and made 600+whp, then later made 700+whp, on the same setup still, which would be factory intake manifold, factory tranny, factory head. Granted with his energy he gives, he could have gotten excited during his explanation of the car, but nonetheless every thing still holds true when it pumps out the power it has.
could you please post a link to this podcast. im having a very hard time seeing how rados car, with a t3 frame turbo, stock head, stock intake manifold, stock throttle body, and so on is making almost the same kind of power as arthur armenderez, and kenny trans cars. wich are both running large frame t4's, fully built heads, cams, intake mani's, larger throttle bodies, and so on...
Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by youngflyer
has anyone seen his drag tc, that beast is making 1200 hp.

Yeah, but I think the topic was geared more towards 2az-fe setups on tC's pushing close to 500 or above. The 1200hp drag tC, I forget what motor, but it's not the 2az.

Originally Posted by airswipes
the question is.. how long can you keep it at that without something going wrong? you'd need lots of money to further keep the maintenance on it..
Who knows how many times they have blown it up. I only know of one time they blew it, which was like last year or year before last, and I have no idea what the setup was then (wish I knew).
Old 07-02-2008, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

could you please post a link to this podcast. im having a very hard time seeing how rados car, with a t3 frame turbo, stock head, stock intake manifold, stock throttle body, and so on is making almost the same kind of power as arthur armenderez, and kenny trans cars. wich are both running large frame t4's, fully built heads, cams, intake mani's, larger throttle bodies, and so on...

I go through ITunes. I have subscribed to the show, so I can get it downloaded to my Ipod touch. But here is the website link to their Podcast

http://scionunderground.libsyn.com/i...post_id=349898

It's Episode 2. I believe Episode 3 is available now, but you can still get the previous episodes.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

From another thread:

Originally Posted by ScionUndergroundPodcast
I had the opportunity to interview Dan Gardner at the Toyota Owner's and Restorer's Club Show a while back, and it's in this week's episode of the Scion Underground Podcast.

Check it out! He talks quite a bit about his tC and the modifications that went into it.

Also, don't forget to check out Episode 2 with an interview with Chris Rado!

You can download the podcast from PrestigeRacing.net by clicking the podcast feed, from iTunes, or by clicking the links at the Scion Underground Blog

www.ScionUndergroundPodcast.wordpress.com
Old 07-02-2008, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Here, this is even BETTER, a Youtube video of him talking about stock parts on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsooW...post_id=350527
Old 07-02-2008, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have also messaged rado online before about his setup and he told me just like travis's post Pistons,rods,and head studs. told me not to rev past 7100rpms because theres no use for it on stock stuff. also i 600wtq and 600whp with stock intake and TB. But i thought i read something about him upgraded everything and doing away with DBW and doing over 700whp
Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've spoken with Christ a lot in person. He swears by the stock intake manifold. Our manifolds are reinforced glass/plastic manifolds. They're actually pretty stout for a factory unit. They also don't heat up as quickly. He went aftermarket for airflow reasons.

At the local race event here he cooked the engine about 15 minutes after we spoke then had to pit again. Blew the rods. He runs a scramble boost setup. He was racing all night with one of his two fuel pumpes not working properly and had no idea. When he went into scramble, the car went lean and poof! It was pretty fun though, he signed one of the pistons and gave it to my buddy.

Our sponsored racer Dan Gardner finished 14th out of 50 in the Koni Challenge this past weekend. This was the first national event the car has competed in and the team is already making great progess.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:49 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: 500 hp tc.

Originally Posted by ESEMRFOZZ13
has anybody seen the new video on youtube with rado's 500 hp tc, he says it only has pistons, rods and turbo. why cant many people pull thoughs numbers off?
I guess the SIMPLE answer is, why dont you have 500WHP?

Your answer is probably the same as the rest of us!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:53 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

And I believe he is on stock intake manifold, Kenny Tran did over 700WHP on it!!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kenny Tran had a custom tubular manifold. He maxed out the OEM fuel rail as well, which turns out to not like 1000cc injectors too well.

Quick Reply: 500 hp tC..