Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

The 500whp Build (hopefully!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL
Originally Posted by davedavetC
if you aint seein the 2.4 L spoolin the GT40 your eyes must be closed.
Your's does spool the GT40 ?
send me video.
i'd be glad to take a look.
spool eficiently i doubth about it.
maybe spoolin it at 6000 RPM is not eficiently spoolin for me.an the rev cut out at 7000 RPM.
mine spools the GT40 Very wheel thank you, dont have vids cus i spent all my money on the damn engine cant afford a camera gets spoolin well before 5g too, gets some nice pick up before the increased redline at 7600,
kthxbyetroll
Old 04-10-2008, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know you have mentioned all the things you are planning for your TC in order to make 500 whp, obviously some people may not think that a GT4088r may be the best choice in this case including my self because of the size, lag, and so on. Understand that you are not reinventing the wheel, 500whp has been accomplished before with smaller turbos and that is the point they are trying to explain. Never the less you can put any turbo you want.. Some of us are just trying to help. In my opinion 4” downpipe, a GT4088r, Dual 44m waste gates are a bit overkill for 500hp. Who know, you may be ending with 600+hp or a blown motor wish we do not want to see…

Good lock in your project and I will be looking to see how this turned out..

Rick C.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah tc motor should spin this turbo, heck it spins it at idle.. true you see even bigger turbos on smaller honda motors and yeah they spin and give massive numbers.. tc has revs low, but that's stock.. remember he is building the motor.. a well built motor with a good engine/fuel management will make success
Old 04-10-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes we understand, but my point is 500hp, you dont need all that for 500hp. You can built a big motor, ported head, bigger pistons and all that but you are not building a 500hp tc you are building something else..
Old 04-10-2008, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah sure as i've mentioned even a gt3076r can reach that goal, but then the turbo will be maxed out or close, gt35 will be a good option too.. but we dont know 500 is his goal for now and might decide to go bigger along the way.. so why not gt40?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TOdd those honda's have lot's of revs,
and they have cams 4 sure.
we don't have that much rev on the motor.

i am not rryin bash on anyone in this thread, but eficiently spoolin the GT40 and still be Street .i have big doubths.
You guys have to read between the lines a little here.........

He just just posted a few things about the project...Its going to be an evolution over time..

He will and most definately rev higher than the factory rev limit, especially when its time to take full advantage of the setup

Which means, he will have vavletrain, he will have cams, he will have an intake manifold etc.

There are steps to this process...

Instead of everyone here going after just one part of what he wrote, take a second to think about it before they type or doubt what ones goals are.

Instead why don't you just sit back and watch as the project unfolds.

It will take more guys like Reaper to step up for this community to evolve..so give him credit for wanting to try instead of doubting his plans.

know you have mentioned all the things you are planning for your TC in order to make 500 whp, obviously some people may not think that a GT4088r may be the best choice in this case including my self because of the size, lag, and so on. Understand that you are not reinventing the wheel, 500whp has been accomplished before with smaller turbos and that is the point they are trying to explain. Never the less you can put any turbo you want.. Some of us are just trying to help. In my opinion 4” downpipe, a GT4088r, Dual 44m waste gates are a bit overkill for 500hp. Who know, you may be ending with 600+hp or a blown motor wish we do not want to see…
Again read what I wrote above....

We have much higher goals than 500whp. But just because that was not initial mentioned......There is a reason for the parts that are selected.

Regards-

Todd
Old 04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah lets be open minded, big mind = big success..
i remembered long time ago when someone was planning on the gt35 on the tc and quite a few were hating but then it was a success
Old 04-10-2008, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
...Its going to be an evolution over time..
AWD conversion
Old 04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
i remembered long time ago when someone was planning on the gt35 on the tc and quite a few were hating but then it was a success
That's true. It happened to me when I start with my project. Let's give them some room a see what happen. Deffinetily it's gonna be a hell of a ride. Good luck!!!

Todd

Take it easy my friend. We are just writing our opinion about the 500whp. You have to admit that seems to much for 500 when you read his post. It's obvious that your goals are higher but 500 was what he said. As I said before. Good luck with that +750whp Tc!!!!! I wish I could learn and apply something to my project!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Todd

Take it easy my friend. We are just writing our opinion about the 500whp. You have to admit that seems to much for 500 when you read his post. It's obvious that your goals are higher but 500 was what he said. As I said before. Good luck with that +750whp Tc!!!!! I wish I could learn and apply something to my project!!!!
first and foremost, to all.... please accept my apology if I came of with a "tone"

I did not mean too if I did.

Hopefully we all learn and benefit from projects like this

Regards-

Todd
Old 04-10-2008, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="TurboToyotas"]
first and foremost, to all.... please accept my apology if I came of with a "tone"

I did not mean too if I did.

Hopefully we all learn and benefit from projects like this
Todd, apology accepted, no need to, we are all learning and trying different thing everyday and finding out what works and what doesn’t.
It just that the title said 500whp Build (hopefully!) and with all the parts you guys mention (hopefully!) is not ever a question..

Good lock with it and please keep us posted.

Rick C.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
I do remember that. A lot of people hating on turbo selection and now there are quite a few with GT35R and even bigger!

I think those that have witnessed the GT35R hit full boost know the GT4088 will be OK!! It is obvious someone with a GT4088 on a daily driver 4 cylinder engine is going to be raising the rev limit and with a higher rev limit then there is no problem at all.

Pito
Old 04-10-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good start... some parts might not be to my taste but granted would be interesting enough to see how it unfolds...

BTW u can rev to 7500 rpms on the right valve train.. i know this for a fact hehehe.... 7800 will be confirmed shortly...
Old 04-10-2008, 07:43 PM
SL Member

Seems like Todd took the words right out of my mouth. I feel it will be very beneficial to me to as he stated let this project "evolve" as I build it. I want to take care of the built motor before this project ever sees boost so I wont have any worries there. Then, id like to tune it VERY conservative around 500whp give or take. Then from there we can turn up the wic accordingly. And thanks to everyone who is backing me and wishing me luck!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
TT has the 3" exhaust out now??? Pics???
Its not out as far as release to the public..yet...trying to decide if I can produce these in quantites or do them in small production batches....3/5 at a time.

Plus there are 2 different style....but more on that later.

Regards-

Todd
Could you share with me in a pm what styles they are? I am interested in adding that to my parts list. Plus I am going to be finally graduated in 2 weeks and back to work making some dough for the kit we have discussed! Oh, and any updates on the motor mounts and valve cover/catch can idea? Could add that to the list as well :D ... PM me when you have time!

Stephen
Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
good start... some parts might not be to my taste but granted would be interesting enough to see how it unfolds...

BTW u can rev to 7500 rpms on the right valve train.. i know this for a fact hehehe.... 7800 will be confirmed shortly...
with what valve train??? any more info? feel free to pm me...
Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

gl man
Old 04-29-2008, 10:52 PM

still waitin on pics!! good luck with the project
Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 AM
SL Member

I sent Todd a pm about 2 weeks ago now asking for a total price on everything im going to need (and I mean everything minus the built block) but he hasnt sent me a price on the whole shabang shipped.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sent Todd a pm about 2 weeks ago now asking for a total price on everything im going to need (and I mean everything minus the built block) but he hasnt sent me a price on the whole shabang shipped.
I just emailed the invoice again...let me know if you dont receive it.

I did not get an error message when I sent it the first time.

Do you have adobe?

Regards-

Todd

Quick Reply: The 500whp Build (hopefully!)