Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

60-1 Turbo 465 whp stock 2AZ-FE E85 (Updated!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

no matter were in 2nd gear im at i spin so ur tuner sucks aswell!!!! LOL any 300+hp car should spank 2nd gear on any street tire
Old 07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spd_Rcr
whoa whoa... he may not be a pro tuner, but he's pretty damn efficient. How do I know? I tuned my car for 75 nitrous before... auto turbo 250ish whp... then tuned after we did manual swap. I also can do a 30 roll in second gear and not spin. And I actually have a pro tuner! It depends on where your power is in the curve man. 16g, I was spinning no matter what in 2nd gear, but I could do a 40-45 roll in 3rd and no spin. I think you guys have tuners that are tuning for the most power everywhere in your power band... thats called a power tune. Useless everwhere else but on the dyno in my opinion.

u get ur "pro tuner" to tune ur car and ill get my tuner to tune my car and ill meet you halfway and shard all over ur car.. and i kno about 3 other tc's in south florida that will do the same.. LMK
Old 07-25-2010, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
u get ur "pro tuner" to tune ur car and ill get my tuner to tune my car and ill meet you halfway and shard all over ur car.. and i kno about 3 other tc's in south florida that will do the same.. LMK
What other tc's are you talking about?

Look spd_rcr if your satisfied with your tuner and the Tune he made you then cool. But honestly if you can't even spin 2nd gear with our one wheel wonder car well that's sad and if your at high 300's and can't spin 3rd that sad. Now if you have LSD that's different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2010, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

talking about you... me. mason. mike. carlos.. prolly more my other friend a rs1 i aint falling for this bs can't spin 2nd from a 30 roll lmfao wow

oh and i didint kno you go and get your car tuned and say

yes umm id like to get a POWERTUNE. LOL
Old 07-25-2010, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
What other tc's are you talking about?

Look spd_rcr if your satisfied with your tuner and the Tune he made you then cool. But honestly if you can't even spin 2nd gear with our one wheel wonder car well that's sad and if your at high 300's and can't spin 3rd that sad. Now if you have LSD that's different.

my friend has LSD and 255's on the front with the p tuning kit and rapes 2nd gear
Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who mason? spd u just said u can do a 30 and not spin 2nd but then u said i have a 16g i spun all of 2nd? so im confused
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
my friend has LSD and 255's on the front with the p tuning kit and rapes 2nd gear
How much power and psi? And that's believable.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

13 psi on e85 gas like 350 mayb a lil more stock motor
Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
You need a pro tune.

LOL. No offense. But at 10 psi. You should have no second gear on any street tire. unless there bigger then 255's

+1. Only thing holding 2nd was a set of Drag radials for me, and that was at 9lbs of boost. Then I turned to 12lbs on a 20G turbo and lit up 3rd....on a self tweaked street tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7PzQ28LaXE

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 07-26-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
who mason? spd u just said u can do a 30 and not spin 2nd but then u said i have a 16g i spun all of 2nd? so im confused
Wish I had both dyno sheets to kinda show u what Im talking about. With 16g, power (whp and torque) came in quickly. With my 60-1 power comes in later in the power band. Im always speaking of NOT break boosting. That makes a world of difference. W/ break boosting yes, anyone would spin w/ any kinda power. Maybe I shoulda made that clear. The reason I even brought that up is because right after I got the 60-1 in, I didnt break boost for a number of reasons. With my 16g i didnt have to. So, 30 roll w/ no brake boosting no spin even w/ banging into 3rd. Man, you guys look for a nich anywhere in people's armor huh. lol I will say, break boosting in 3rd I didnt spin either tho...
Old 07-26-2010, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for those of you saying you'd spank me. Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132... please come. After I spank that ___ you can follow me to my shop and get your car strapped on the dyno. lol
Have to understand my car was tuned to keep torque down to make sure the motor holds together... if I would got a tune for max whp and torque, I more than likely would be spinnin the tires off. That vid makes me wanna take my cam out. As a matter of fact, I jus may do that on my way to work tomorrow!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
+1. Only thing holding 2nd was a set of Drag radials for me, and that was at 9lbs of boost. Then I turned to 12lbs on a 20G turbo and lit up 3rd....on a self tweaked street tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7PzQ28LaXE
Brake boosting? Didnt sound like it...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
30 roll w/ 60-1 no break boosting w/ either turbo...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i spin 2nd hard no break boosting... just go to like 3000 rpms in 2nd and punch it... ull spin for days man! im on 10 psi untuned pulling so much timing uptop to be safe and im spinning lol!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will say this.. even the guys at my shop found it wierd that my car doesnt spin... I mean in the vid I posted at the beginning of this thread you can see what my power curve is... dunno man. It may be chirpin a lil at the top of the gear, but I'm def not spinnin the tires off... same as Nick. When I would do 40-45 rolls with the 16g, samething. People couldnt understand why my car was makin so much power and not spinning. Now from 1st gear? Or 2nd w/ the 16g? Nuts. I raced a mustang from about a 15 roll (dumb I know, he wanted to) I was in 1st.. I spun into 4th when I was making 300 whp. When I finally caught traction I bogged so much the car almost died. I let my bro-in-law drive my car at the track makin same power, he launches @ like 3 grand for sum stupid reason, he hit 4th gear and never made it past the tree. lol
Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be honest I have no idea - maybe my power curve is different, but the car pulls solid and Im honestly surprised it doesn't break loose more. All I can say, is I ran a Camaro SS with tune, intake, and catback which dyno'd 370rwhp on a Mustang Dyno (Not at the same shop as Spd_rcr) - from a 45 I brake boosted in 3rd to about 10 psi, no spinning, pulled him by 2 cars to 120. Ran from a 30 roll - went out of second - no brake boosting, spun a lil - not much at all really though, however he spun a bit on this roll too, however he jumped out on me by about a car, I pulled him in, in 3rd, and put about a car on him by 120 and I was still pulling away. That should give you an estimation of the power im making. Also if you want to look at weight, my car weighs 3500 with my fatass in it haha - Im about 280-300. I also had a passenger that weighed about 150 so I was around 3650 lbs - the Camaro's weigh 3850 stock plus the guy weighs like 150-200 so say we were prob a 350-400 lb diff at most. I said all that to say - i have no idea why its not breaking loose, but the car makes power and it hooks, so I could not give 2 ____s what the rest of yall think.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Lol @ this thread.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

... have no idea why there is so much negative ish on this site. We all drive scions, u'd think folks would be diff.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spd_Rcr
Brake boosting? Didnt sound like it...

Naw, no brake boosting on that vid. Just rolled into the throttle in 3rd gear. I spun all of 2nd rolling into the throttle back when I was on 8-10lbs. Brake boosting in 3rd on 8-10lbs didn't produce wheel spin.

I think though what people are missing when it comes to traction, is that where your peak torque lies, be it low in the rpm or higher up, don't matter...if the gearing is low enough, you will spin at that peak torque value. Other factors can come into play, but a lot has to do with the gear being used and where your peak torque is. Some spin at 2500-3k rpms (small turbos), others might start to feel the tires break at higher rpms because they have a larger turbo. Nonetheless, unless you running some 180 or lower treadwear tires and they have a good size contact patch (245+) then you will spin all of 1st, 2nd and if enough boost, possibly 3rd.

By the way, I'm partial to Hankook RS2 or RS3 for the street. At the road course I run Kuhmo V710's which are like a 30 or 40 treadwear rating (forget which one).
Old 07-26-2010, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Naw, no brake boosting on that vid. Just rolled into the throttle in 3rd gear. I spun all of 2nd rolling into the throttle back when I was on 8-10lbs. Brake boosting in 3rd on 8-10lbs didn't produce wheel spin.

I think though what people are missing when it comes to traction, is that where your peak torque lies, be it low in the rpm or higher up, don't matter...if the gearing is low enough, you will spin at that peak torque value. Other factors can come into play, but a lot has to do with the gear being used and where your peak torque is. Some spin at 2500-3k rpms (small turbos), others might start to feel the tires break at higher rpms because they have a larger turbo. Nonetheless, unless you running some 180 or lower treadwear tires and they have a good size contact patch (245+) then you will spin all of 1st, 2nd and if enough boost, possibly 3rd.

By the way, I'm partial to Hankook RS2 or RS3 for the street. At the road course I run Kuhmo V710's which are like a 30 or 40 treadwear rating (forget which one).
Alot of other things factor too. Im not to concerned. I mean obviously spinning is bad so for someone to say the tune is crap or whatever because I dont spin doesnt seem much of a argument that I really wanna have. lol I like NO spin personally.
I'll look into those tires. I've been doin a lil shopping for a good street/strip tire. Almost impossible for my power tho.

Quick Reply: 60-1 Turbo 465 whp stock 2AZ-FE E85 (Updated!!!)