Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

8 psi without upgraded injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 8 psi without upgraded injectors?

I was wondering how bad would it be to be running the 8.7 psi on the zpi stage 1 with emanage and bov but not have upgraded injectors? what would happen? also would u be able to tune it without the larger injectors? or would it be better off just changing the spring and getting a 6psi one.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You would be better off with the injectors. even the modest tune with the supercharger goes to 440ccs
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

since theres a $$ issue..

if i can't afford to get the injectors could i still run on it? or should i just get the spring to 6 and unplug the e-manage?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With a proper tune, you might be okay, but I think you'd be maxing out the injectors at or before WOT, which is bad. If $$$ is an issue, save a little more $$$. The injectors are only about $500. Probably cheaper if you look around. Plus, if you buy the stage 1, you get the injectors, so I don't see the problem. :D
Old 06-11-2007, 08:47 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You deffinetly fdont want to max out the flow. 80% is about as high as you want to go.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok kool... so maxing out the injectors is bad so i will get injectors, but for the mean time to get it running on the 8psi spring with no tune and stock injectors is a bad idea right? so for now i could just go with the 6psi and unplug the emanage and run it like a stage 0 just with a intercooler and run fine right?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stage 1 kit comes with 550 injectors! What's the issue?
And if you don't even have an extra $350 (price of injectors) after getting the kit, you should not be getting a kit yet. If anything goes bad, you won't have the money to fix it. Just save a little more before you take the plunge.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the reason i'm asking is that im planning on getting a used stage 0 kit that has the upgraded intercooler kit but doesn't have the injectors, but also got the emanage and profec-eo1, so kinda out of $$$ to get the injectors at the momment, so i was just trying to find out if i can get a way with the spring that already in the wastegate that is a 8.7psi spring.

but now i'm just gonna get a 6 and just run it like that, and i'm not planning on racing the engine or aiming for a high tune just want to get it running for now, but definitely the injectors will be coming in the future when i'm ready for the tune, don't really want to spend $160/hr on a tune without the injectors or even just on 6psi.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see. Makes sense.
But if your getting a used Stage 0, he SHOULD have put the 6psi spring in. If not, he should at least have it availble. If that's the case, yeah. You should be able to run it without the injectors. And I understand about not wanting to pay for a tune if your system is built up to how you want it yet either.

Good luck!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kool thx man, yeah i wish he had it, maybe i should find someone that would want to trade my 8.7 for a 6, since theres not gonna be a point for me to keep the 8.7 when i already have the profec controller.

what would happen after i put the 6psi spring in, would it be fine to plug in the emanage? its never been tuned or changed so i don't kno what would happen, and it wasn't bought from zpi so it doesn't have the zpi map. just curious if not i just wont plug it in.

sorry still new to turbos.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you might be ok. monitor the a/f and see whats going on. if it starts to get bad let go of the accelerator :X. jp. you might need a new map bc you dont know what the previous owner set it to and they also had the right fuel setup. if it were me id say f the emanage and hook up the bc and put in the new wg spring. if it runs bad then youll be forced to get new injectors unless you want to tear everything out. think of it as motivation.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or, you could just buy the kit, and wait until you get the injectors before you install it. Kinda sucks, but haste makes BOOM.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol if he blows his motor then the injectors will look like a bargain (although im sure it wont happen)

EDIT

here read:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179557
they seem to be ok so you should be ok although they did upgrade their injectors. good luck.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think if you get the 6 pound spring, you should be fine without the emanege, as it would be like running the stage 0, which others have run without mangegement.
Then call ZPI and ask if they can send you a base map for the stage 0. After that, you can plug the gredddy in, and like you said, you can always up your boost with the boost controller once you get injectors.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh sweet that would be kool if zpi would be willing to give me a base map, thats what i was gonna ask if there was a way to update it with at least a base map, i most likely need the support tool huh? or is there a way to load it up using the profec eo-1, well bad news is that my body kit is hitting the intercooler and i just painted the bumper, so this sucks i hope i can cut the bumper without chipping the paint.. this sucks

but thx for the help and input everyone.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

np. keep us updated on how things are going. if you need help with the work/tuning let me know and i can send you to the guy that works on my car. heres an evo hes worked on:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/F...7DB2D6EAB3.htm

hes done supras (including mine right now), evos, hondas, etc etc. i think you saw my homeboys anthracite supra at a thursday meet a while ago but he had his work done there too.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh sweet, yeah i'm definitely looking for a tuner, how much does he charge? and whats your setup?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

let me pm u
Old 06-12-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I can see problems ahead. Please take the advise of someone who has had engine problems and call ZPI and ask them if it would be ok. Also sell the profec e01 and pay someone to tune it. That boost controller will sit there screaming at you to turn it up.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol ur right about the boost controller lol, well at least i don't even kno how to use it lol, i'll leave the controller at home and just leave the screen on as a boost gauge lol.., but yeah i'll hit up zpi after i get everything together and hooked up.

Quick Reply: 8 psi without upgraded injectors?