Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ABOUT TO ORDER A TURBO KIT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Which ones are good? ANd not to pricey? talking $300 or less.

OH, and I was planning on getting the INgalls ETD, but I think I'm going to get the Speed Source Engine Mounts instaed. Might as well do it the right way, right?
Cheapest I'd go is the Blitz Dual SBC Spec-S. It's close to 300 and gives you amazing control over the motor. It's easy to use, easy to read, has different boost stages, and an onscreen boost display. The set gain feature works really well and it will eliminate any chance of a boost spike.

http://www.dezod.com/pd_blitz_sequen...erdual_sbc.cfm

PS - I used to use this boost controller on my turbo civic. I had a Turbo XS boost controller on my Evo and wouldn't use it again. Blitz, Apexi, and HKS are the top brands I trust when it comes to boost control. They do an amazing job and rarely do I ever hear of people I talk with at the track complaining about it.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
I will prolly get a flywheel. Anyway, how much faster do ball bearings help??
Flywheels are nice for all but the initial clutch engagement in 1st gear (especially going uphill). I had an ACT Pro-lite on my Civic and though it was faster for road racing, my drag times got slower, and in traffic it was more of a challenge for sure.

Ball bearing is awesome. It's a lot more expensive so you need to figure out what's important to you. Right now I'd focus your money more on gauges and a good tune than just buying a turbo upgrade. A great tune will make you like the car a lot more than having a ball bearing turbo. It's nice, becuase I went to a much larger turbo and it still spooled faster than my original turbonetics turbo. I did spend literally TWICE the amount of money for the turbo though. Keep in mind the F2 that I bought retails for $2k, where standard turbos are under a 1000. You could have bought a second back up turbo at that point, or bought our complete turbo-back exhaust.

If you have any other questions let me know.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
I will prolly get a flywheel. Anyway, how much faster do ball bearings help??
Flywheels are nice for all but the initial clutch engagement in 1st gear (especially going uphill). I had an ACT Pro-lite on my Civic and though it was faster for road racing, my drag times got slower, and in traffic it was more of a challenge for sure.

Ball bearing is awesome. It's a lot more expensive so you need to figure out what's important to you. Right now I'd focus your money more on gauges and a good tune than just buying a turbo upgrade. A great tune will make you like the car a lot more than having a ball bearing turbo. It's nice, becuase I went to a much larger turbo and it still spooled faster than my original turbonetics turbo. I did spend literally TWICE the amount of money for the turbo though. Keep in mind the F2 that I bought retails for $2k, where standard turbos are under a 1000. You could have bought a second back up turbo at that point, or bought our complete turbo-back exhaust.

If you have any other questions let me know.
What you think of the A'pexi AVC-R II Boost Controller?

I think I might order a Ingalls Stiffy and exhaust from you, the Stiffy for sure, just not sure on the exhaust. Kinda expensive.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one of the hydra feature is a boost controller right?...and turbo timer?