Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

AEM Standalone for the tC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn...If I could get tuned for $500, I'd sell my F/IC and get the EMS in a heartbeat!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i have a question.... the aem that dezod is sellin if it's tuned it shouldn't have a problem right? or is there a config. problem where it's really hard to get it to work with the scion tc? i'm lost sorry for the noob question.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

if it's tuned properly, yes. You are provided with a "zero" config from the start. The purpose for that config is to allow you to start yout tC. It is NOT for driving purposes.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bkuhl
if it's tuned properly, yes. You are provided with a "zero" config from the start. The purpose for that config is to allow you to start yout tC. It is NOT for driving purposes.

They should include that in the description. That you will NOT be able to start the car period, until a tuner creates this configuration for it.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

They should include that in the description. That you will NOT be able to start the car period, until a tuner creates this configuration for it.
The EMS manual that is downloadable on our site says that without spelling it out in neon lights.

It is not like we are only selling the EMS to our customers where there is only a few variations in such.....We have guys with custom turbos, guys with S/Cs, guys that are N/A, guys with Turbonetics, GReddy etc...
Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

The EMS manual that is downloadable on our site says that without spelling it out in neon lights.

It is not like we are only selling the EMS to our customers where there is only a few variations in such.....We have guys with custom turbos, guys with S/Cs, guys that are N/A, guys with Turbonetics, GReddy etc...

Paul, I deal with Computer foresnics, and Cyber analysis. I do technical writing for Computer Security software we have as well. Guys with PHD's and Doctrine education in this field have Ego's the size of two watermelons, and will NEVER pick up the manual and read stuff before attempting to configure our Computer Security solution. So, when they fudge up the machine, they call me (even though the manual clearly says what to do....because I freakin wrote it). I'm not saying that you SHOULD put it in your description, I was merely throwing a suggestion out there that maybe you should include a small "blurb" persay.

You know, like when a description has a " * " for you to scroll to the bottom and read the fine note.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hm...but the description says it includes the "'T1 Perfect idle' hardware kit" which I assumed meant you could at least get the car to idle....guess not!
Old 02-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
hm...but the description says it includes the "'T1 Perfect idle' hardware kit" which I assumed meant you could at least get the car to idle....guess not!
You can, but how in the hell are we gonna have a map for everyone and their set-up? It's impossible. Hence the way we do it.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

right...I understand that...I just thought the "T1 perfect idle hardware kit" was somethign specific for the tC to get it running and what not to the shop.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
right...I understand that...I just thought the "T1 perfect idle hardware kit" was somethign specific for the tC to get it running and what not to the shop.
This is specific to this set-up, (with our EMS), but not persay to the tC.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what does the 'T1 Perfect idle' hardware kit do? i'm still learning guys and will that tool still work with Hydra's?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rythmn,

Any purchase of a stand alone system will warrant a tune. For a $2-3k purchase, people can call us with questions prior to making such a purchase.

We do have the correct information in our manual. Aside from puting in bright bold letters in our product descriptions saying "a stand alone will not automatically run when installed", there's nothing more we can do.

All I'm saying is that it's generally understood that when you completely bypass any stock ECU control, there will be some configuration necessary.

Every area, every tC, every setup will all have variations. To have one miracle computer that automatically works perfect for every car is impossible.

We support those who have questions whether they buy it or not.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
what does the 'T1 Perfect idle' hardware kit do? i'm still learning guys and will that tool still work with Hydra's?
Allows for full idle control with our EMS. I am not sure it will work with Hydra.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Aside from puting in bright bold letters in our product descriptions saying "a stand alone will not automatically run when installed"

That's the suggestion I was making. Nothing more than that. It's a cut to the chase type of statement.

"A stand alone will not automatically run when installed. Some prior configurations must be made, and instructions may be found in our install manual under the Tech notes section".

Something along those lines, keeping it simple, not saying you would have to send out flyers or anything on it.... But like I said, it's just a suggestion, by no means am I trying to tell you guys how to do stuff. Just providing some good customer feedback from my friends, and what I think would have helped him and future customers know what they were getting into.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aside from puting in bright bold letters in our product descriptions saying "a stand alone will not automatically run when installed"

That's the suggestion I was making. Nothing more than that. It's a cut to the chase type of statement.

"A stand alone will not automatically run when installed. Some prior configurations must be made, and instructions may be found in our install manual under the Tech notes section".

Something along those lines, keeping it simple, not saying you would have to send out flyers or anything on it.... But like I said, it's just a suggestion, by no means am I trying to tell you guys how to do stuff. Just providing some good customer feedback from my friends, and what I think would have helped him and future customers know what they were getting into.
Done. It's been edited on my site.

http://www.shop.dezodwest.com/produc...&productId=163
Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Done. It's been edited on my site.

http://www.shop.dezodwest.com/produc...&productId=163

Yo, that's cool Joe. *Thumbs UP* x 2... And it's right before the Purchase button...VERY good spot.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I try.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gaa, Travis always trying to stir up trouble haha. I am glad to see Dezod quickly making changes to protect the customer. Thumbs up boys
Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He definitely stirred things up, but the customers benefitted as a result this time.

With that being said, in this case, it was for the best.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

He definitely stirred things up, but the customers benefitted as a result this time.

With that being said, in this case, it was for the best.

Someone has to keep you guys on your toes.....

Quick Reply: AEM Standalone for the tC?