Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

For all of you that go to Rippmods!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

really i thought it was the supercharger guys that were in love with perry, LOL i haven't been impressed with any of the stock turbo/motor guys that have posted dynos from him yet. Not being smart just stateing how i feel.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned
SL Member

I didnt have any problems there.. just my expirence
Old 11-03-2007, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

perry does suck LOL i did deal with him once and he didn't know what he was doing so left asap and ross is a very good talker/saleperson he's good at pushing the wrong things off on people with out really searching. +1 for watch out for them they suck
i agree with you 100 % ross likes to talk and perry is defly not the grestest tuner
Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are you tuning with DaGreat?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:51 AM

Search other forums for ripp mods. The 3rd gen eclipse guys don't have alot of great things to say about them. Same probs as you describe.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by DarkSnake
Search other forums for ripp mods. The 3rd gen eclipse guys don't have alot of great things to say about them. Same probs as you describe.
read about how the tiburon guys HATE their SC too.

finally... im not the only one who knows that RIPP is not as good as some people make them out to be.

being a staten island native, i have heard A LOT of bad things about them, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, i will not share the stories i have heard.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
+1 i actually asked that earlier
Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
Originally Posted by DarkSnake
read about how the tiburon guys HATE their SC too.

finally... im not the only one who knows that RIPP is not as good as some people make them out to be.

being a staten island native, i have heard A LOT of bad things about them, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, i will not share the stories i have heard.

Come on spill the beans! This is what kept ZPI and Kenny going as long as they did. The locals need to speak up. When I went to KY to pickup my car the locals didn't have one nice thing to say about him and his business practices. It was unbelievable the stories and not jus "so and so said". Help others out now before it too late.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:30 AM
SL Member

dats crazy
Old 11-04-2007, 10:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, i have the greddy ultimate in my car as of right now, the AEM stand alone, well be replacing it in about a week or 2
Old 11-04-2007, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

and your running 1000cc injectors with a ultimate?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, i have the 1000cc, im gonna put them in when i install the AEM stand alone. i have 630cc in the car right now
Old 11-04-2007, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok
Old 11-04-2007, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you don't mind me asking were did you get the 1000cc from?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You know what - I've never had an issue at all with Ripp. I know a crapload of people who have gone there without issue.... including myself.

First off - how do you manage to cut something on the wiring for the maf sensor? and how do you not notice it right away? Are you tuning off of MAF or using MAP?

Also - what type of dyno does your normal tuner use? A mustang dyno? Ripp uses a Dyno Dynamics - which tends to read lower than dynojets. Mustang dynos tend to be way off too unless calibrated properly.

I've heard of stories of people saying they've blown up a Ford Focus and other stupid stories - they've never worked on a Focus.

If Karl (IceNine) successfully had a 311WHP S/C build there, and myself, Gizmo, cdp154, Recliner15, njxgary, and several others (i forget exactly who else but I know at least 2 people who's screen names I can't remember) have gone there with absolutely no issue... I'd say they're generally dependable.

Perry isn't the BEST tuner but he definitely knows what he's doing (which is a darn sight more than a lot of the tuners in the area). He doesn't tune aggressively or to the max unless you specifically ask for it. Several of us make good power on a safe, daily-driver street tune and have no issues.

I'll continue to recommend Ripp for tuning and installs. I'm not sure why you went there for a repair though.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you don't mind me asking were did you get the 1000cc from?
Good quesiton, NO idea....the guy that built my motor "Chris Miller" got everything for he told me he would find me a set and he did. If u want me 2 find out where he did i can more then do that for you?

how do you manage to cut something on the wiring for the maf sensor? and how do you not notice it right away? Are you tuning off of MAF or using MAP?
I just didnt notice it...and yes i have a map sensor

My normal Tunner has dynojet, and reguradless of wat dyno it is.....i shouldnt have lost 100whp....and it was clear when you look at the maps, perry messed around with my tune. If you dont have anything againt them thats fine....but im just putting out wat happened to me and to watch out so that it doenst happened to anyone else there
Old 11-05-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I got tuned there and I told them to make sure it was very safe because I use this car 7 days a week .... I think he surely could have gotten a few more hp out of the car but I didn't want that. So far so good.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by krdshrk
I've heard of stories of people saying they've blown up a Ford Focus and other stupid stories - they've never worked on a Focus.
Nick, the rabbit hole goes much deeper than just Ford Focus's. As a native here, I have seen first hand the cars that have rolled into that shop and have rolled out disasters. I don't know any of them personally, but I do see the cars every week at the local meet, and the general consensus here is that they are bad news. If you and other members of this forum have had good experiences with them, than thats great, and i only wish the best for other users that go to them. However, anyone who really knows what Ross is about will stay away from there. Sure, Perry might be a good tuner, and they might have decent equipment, but arrogance and ignorance are MAJOR downflaws of their shop.

So without starting a war people, take my opinion for whatever its worth. I have never used the shop. A friend of mine who had a focus went to them, and had the intake manifold blow off his car while cruising on the highway. They can deny anything they want, but it DID happen. I see/hear the local talk about how RIPP blows up cars - but no one personal besides that 1 friend has actually used them. My cousin was at one point friends with the owner, and has told me not so great things about the owner and how he handles business and clients. I can just say that RIPP will never have my business.

and thats all i really have to say
Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Wow, sounds like another ex company. v
Old 11-05-2007, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, sounds like another ex company.
lmao, possibly!

Quick Reply: For all of you that go to Rippmods!