Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

For all of you that go to Rippmods!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I sincerely doubt it. Ripp mods has been around for a long time and I have used many of their products. I have always gotten great support from them and they have often sent me updated parts for free to help me with any minor issues I may have had with their SC setups. I understand how hectic it is running a shop and how misunderstandings happen. I would not be quick to judge before you hear their side. As far as I know Ripp has always delivered innovative products to the consumer and should not compared to other companies that deliver nothing to the consumer but promises and credit card bills.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

"Misery loves Company"
Old 11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

. I understand how hectic it is running a shop and how misunderstandings happen.
i understand that also, but how are they gonna tell me they ran test on my car and that the numbers they got look bad and it look like i had deneation....and then bring it to a different stop run the same test and everything come out perfect something didnt make sense, and i think rippmods bullsh!ted me reguardless of wat they have done in the past.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ Ide like to hear the defence to that because your story is pretty wild (im not taking any sides) ..... after reading your post I said, "WOW!"
Old 11-05-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Hmm 1000cc injectors with Emanage Ultimate..... Must be a good tuner. Sounds to good to be true. Hows the idle?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not running the 1000cc on the emanage ultimate, i have the 630cc, in there im waitting for the AEM stand alone to come in, and then im going to put the 1000cc in..i ahve them just gonna run 1000cc on the emanage
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
Nick, the rabbit hole goes much deeper than just Ford Focus's. As a native here, I have seen first hand the cars that have rolled into that shop and have rolled out disasters. I don't know any of them personally, but I do see the cars every week at the local meet, and the general consensus here is that they are bad news. If you and other members of this forum have had good experiences with them, than thats great, and i only wish the best for other users that go to them. However, anyone who really knows what Ross is about will stay away from there. Sure, Perry might be a good tuner, and they might have decent equipment, but arrogance and ignorance are MAJOR downflaws of their shop.

So without starting a war people, take my opinion for whatever its worth. I have never used the shop. A friend of mine who had a focus went to them, and had the intake manifold blow off his car while cruising on the highway. They can deny anything they want, but it DID happen. I see/hear the local talk about how RIPP blows up cars - but no one personal besides that 1 friend has actually used them. My cousin was at one point friends with the owner, and has told me not so great things about the owner and how he handles business and clients. I can just say that RIPP will never have my business.

and thats all i really have to say
Chris - I totally respect your opinion. We all have our own.

Ripp's been around for a while and while they're not going out of business, they're not growing by leaps and bounds which does kinda tell you something... Arrogance and Ignorance are major downfalls of any shop... Take ZPI :D With any shop you'll have good and bad experiences. Talk gets around fast - especially negative talk. How many of the people at the local meets have actually HAD work done there?

Still - They did good work on my car and good work on several tC owners' cars... many of who I know personally. Sure they may not know everything but you can't say that the people there are inexperienced. Phil had a great SRT-4... and they work on Subies, Evos, and Skylines all the time. For my own turbo install they were very professional.

Dagreat1 - do you know who exactly worked on your car? Did you have a CEL when you brought it in?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea... perry worked on the car, they said he had 2 come in all week to work with my car because they couldnt figure out the problem
Old 11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wonder what the CEL code was reading then... Perry's OBD2 code scanner always told me what exactly was the issue for my CELs...
Old 11-05-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i dont know, what perry did that week i wasnt there
Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 AM

I've seen and heard enough bad things to say stay away. Every company will have dissatisfied costomers, but just read the amount of negativity surrounding that shop. It seems excessive. A smart consumer should look at that stuff, especially considering the amount of $ you are spending. But if you got $ to just throw around, I'll send you my paypal account. Bottom line, the complaints are real, the problems are real, the people making the complaints are real. Means they will not have my business till they fix the problems, and the compliments out wiegh the complaints.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by krdshrk
How many of the people at the local meets have actually HAD work done there?
Actually, more than a handfull. SI meets arent at Circuit City anymore, they've moved to a different lot where Evo, WRXs, SRT's hang out too. Very few have anything good to say about the place.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nu_ERA
Hmm 1000cc injectors with Emanage Ultimate..... Must be a good tuner. Sounds to good to be true. Hows the idle?
Actually you can run them on an E-Manage but you have to run a bigger MAF housing to be able to scale them is all.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Actually you can run them on an E-Manage but you have to run a bigger MAF housing to be able to scale them is all.
Did you ever tried???
Old 11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used to do it all the time with a variety of vehicles. Just remember that the volume changes with the MAF are not linear.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ That's why MAP sensors are preferred - to tune under boost.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Complication asked:
Da Great what size injectors are you using?

You replied:

Originally Posted by DaGreat1
1000cc

And you said now your using
630cc injectors

Now I'm NOT attacking just pointing out the fact you said your using one size then the other. If your making power, great BUT use facts please after all the thread is about a shops credibility
Old 11-06-2007, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Problem I had as I was waiting for a stand alone. So using a 3 bar with a greddy unit will work? Didn't know a piggyback had that ability. Chime in I really wanna know if you can since my bro has a build and he'll be using a greddy e-manange ultimate.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And you said now your using
630cc injectors Finger Tap

Now I'm NOT attacking just pointing out the fact you said your using one size then the other. If your making power, great Clap BUT use facts please after all the thread is about a shops credibility
ok like i said, i have 1000cc, for the stand alone....putting them in when the stand alone comes in the mail, i have 630cc in my car right now, with the emanage, so i have both...
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just cuz you have them in person doesn't mean they're on the car... lol....

If everyone considered owning it enough, oHalo and a couple of other guys would consider themselves turboed already!

Quick Reply: For all of you that go to Rippmods!