Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

creeping 1-2psi is fine, but when you're creeping 6spi like yourself, that's a bit much! lol Why don't you data log your FIC and see your absolute psi at WOT?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

my idle vac is around 20-21 and goes 19 with ac.. decel is 22..

Originally Posted by jsg93085
Originally Posted by all4degame
My car is running über rich. I'm at low 12s at cruising speeds. I need to finish up this exhaust and get a tune.

Have you figured out your creep issue yet josh?
the creep issue may be a faulty boost gauge... lol, i have a friend who has a boost gauge that isn't being used so i am going to see if i can borrow it to verify that the issue lies with the gauge...
the creep issue could also be your wastegate not that its not working properly you might just need a bigger one.. creep could happen under low boost especially with a big turbo.. i think thats the reason i creep right now, i dont mind creeping boost though
Old 05-09-2009, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'm back at home for the summer now! Just finished up my last final at school yesterday and just slept for a total of about 14 hours, I didn't get to sleep too much during the week lol. It's time to start doing some work on the car, changing up a few things here and there. You guys will start seeing some new things for sure.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice. Can't wait to see
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats tight man I like how clean your car is.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

you know ill be watching Kev...lol
Old 05-11-2009, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I hate to be such a Debby Downer but I bring back more bad news. I tried to go to the exhaust shop today and have my sp modified so it would fit on my dp but the techs said it was way way too off to even try to fix it. So I'm at the mercy of Todd once again. Driving around on my car i've notice a low oil pressure issue at idle. Sometimes coming to a stop my oil light on my dash will light up and turn off very fast. I'm only reading about 4-6psi of oil pressure at idle. This project has been just such a headache and I'm contemplating about pulling the plug. I need a car to drive around.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

how way off was it? mine was way off too but i still got it to fit.. or maybe you need a better muffler shop that is willing to do the work. Your oil pressure just started getting low? how much oil did you put? checked for oil leaks?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

4-6 is normal for warm idle. My Prosport warning is set to 5PSI and before I got tuned, coming to a stop the car would bog down to like 4-500 RPM and the gauge would beep once. I never saw the dash light pop on though. Just check all your connections for leaks, etc.

And sorry to hear about the exhaust...could they completely fabricate a new downpipe AND S-Pipe? One of the two is obviously completely wrong...Is this the original one or did Todd send you the one he used to make your DP?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

you are using a 4 bolt to vband adapter for the dp right? that may have thrown your spipe out of alignment but it can be fixed.. if you have pics of your dp to spipe that might help
Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

S-Pipe issue,

This is the original spipe todd sent me. I never saw the second one, he said he would have it out here but I guess it never left his hands. I've taken it to two shops now. There is something wrong with the s-pipe itself, its missing a bend or something. I've taken it to two muffler shops and they both said the same thing, there wasn't enough bend in the pipe and there isn't enough material for them to cut and splice it. Oh yeah, even if they could get the pipe cut and in the right position, the sensor bung is welded in a spot where i wouldn't be able to get the sensor in place, it would hit some metal from the subframe. My downpipe looks dead on, i'm pretty sure its the s pipe because without the dp there, i tried to line it up in the general position it should be in, it doesn't look right at all, and like they said, its missing some bend to the pipe. No one around here does mandrel bent piping so having someone make one is almost out of the question. Simply the flange on the spipe and dp will not mate, and its making it a hell of a problem for me right now.

Oil problem

My oil is full, with no visible leaks. I only get 4-6 psi at idle at a stop in deep vacuum. I put a little under 4 qts in and I'm at the full line on the dipstick. The oil light has flickered twice now and has scared the poo out of me.

So much drama with me and this kit, I really appreciate you guys helping me out and keeping me sane for the most part. I'm just disappointed in this kit.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

my thought is that todd's downpipe is designed to mate up with spipe not using the vband adapter, adding few cm between the downpipe flange will throw it out of alignment but still something might be wrong spipe.. if you want i have a 2.5 dp/spipe that might work with your setup.

you need to put a lil over 4 quarts of oil in your car, when the car is running you are feeding oil into the turbo so part of it goes into circulation so there will be a slight fluctuation if you are using oem spec amount..
Old 05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

x2 on the oil. It should be over 4 quarts. Also, make sure you prime the system when you do your oil changes to get the new oil flowing thru the turbo before it starts spinning. That's the one step I never see people do...
Old 05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'll fill my car up with a little more oil then. As for the spipe, todd said he test fitted it with a spipe he had laying around, so thats what makes me think that it is the spipe. I may have to borrow that dp/sp setup from you ace, just so I have something to drive around on. I'll let you know, I just need todd to send me another spipe. That would be the "easiest" thing to do, only if gets here. The onlything i would have to do is ge it to mate up with the exhaust, not have to get it to fit both the dp and mid pipe.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

how do you "prime" the turbo of oil just for future reference?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just need todd to send me another spipe. That would be the "easiest" thing to do, only if gets here. The onlything i would have to do is ge it to mate up with the exhaust, not have to get it to fit both the dp and mid pipe.
The s-pipe that you are getting fits with the new dp I sent you. I used this s-pipe on the car when I made that dp. So they will fit togehter.

Once you get them on the car, you will then just need to work out your s-pipe to exhaust situation.

As I have no desire to make an exhaust, if anyone wants to get me an ptuning s-pipe I can make my dp's work with there exhaust. Or any other manufacturers for that matter. Otherwise all I am thinking about doing is offering a short 3" dp that would stop at the factory s-pipe location and include a 3' vband and a 3" 2 bolt flange that the customer can have welded for whatever exhaust they are going to use.

Regards-

Todd
Old 05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think i put over four quarts but it was right at 4...Kev take a look at your "T" fitting for your turbo oil feed and check to make sure its tight...
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I don't even remember what stock called for, was it 3.5 or 4? If it was 3.5, then 4 should be fine..I just throw 3 in and on the 4th, I check the dipstick every 1/4 bottle. Just check the oil after 3-4 weeks of driving because it's going to be lower.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
how do you "prime" the turbo of oil just for future reference?
Do the whole oil change normally, then pull the EFI fuse (I think it's that one...it's the one that turns off your injectors) and just crank the engine for a few seconds. It pressurizes the system without having the car running.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

everything at the t-fitting is tight as can be, no leaks. My T fitting is quite long though, therre is actually two tee fittings, one for my turbo, one for my stock and defi oil pressure sensor.

Quick Reply: all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!