Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Well no matter how many of us happy customer there is, its the unhappy ones thats gonna bring his business down... in business, bad experience spreads and gets remembered more than 10 folds than good ones.. ____ed off customers will tell or even exaggerate if not state it in the worst truthful way possible and its something anyone could do when they are ____ed.

i dont know how todd keeps things going, but I give him credit for not running away from those who he owe.. im sure what he is going through is just as hell as what his unhappy customers are having, i hope he can really fix things coz how the things are isnt gonna get TT anywhere but down..

Im still give my support for TT but im not gonna cover his butt on how he did business before, I dont want to recommend a buddy or someone and then get them disappointed by hiding details.. I would recommend but i will give heads up, just like what i did to crush and he ended up satisfied
Old 05-20-2009, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
first one as you know was bought many moons ago..

the second kit, the extreme series twin scroll kit was already made as it was used when purchased but wasnt really used.. funny situation.

in the end it was already in a box and todd shipped it to me.. nothing had to be made at all.

That is a different story in comparison to others waiting for new stuff though.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:44 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

hey kev, sorry to hear that man. I have a question for u. Even with the motor full of oil u still get 1-2 psi when warm and ur hearing knock right? Worst case scenario some of the silicone from the oil pan is in the system (oil pump or oil filter) and is clogged. It doesn't mater if the turbo line is clogged or the turbo itself. It's gonna F the turbo, but u'll get stock readings in the oil pressure. For all we know it could also be ur dephi gauge or sensor that's bad and because ur going crazy ur hearing knocking.

If ur really showing 1-2 psi, ur oil light will be on the whole time it is on that range.

Any questions feel free to call me man.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone says how you have to wait for todds kits but what about ptuning ? They have had it listed on their site for months that they have a turbo set up but still they have not released it. yet they still have a list of customers that are waiting to receive their kits. am i right ? but no one is saying anything bout that in comparison. you cant speak on the quality or fitment of the ptining kit because only a few cars here are running that set up if that. So you cant really talk down on other kits until you have your own experience on a kit your comparing. And because the shop is near you dont mean isht either just makes it more biased.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
know what Todd ISN'T doing, and that's sending Kevin the correct S-Pipe
You nor anyone else has no idea what I am or not doing....

Kevin was told what happened. I kept him up to speed.

His s-pipe is available now, but he does not want it. Totally understandable at this point and his choice. I gave him options and told him I would help out with any option he choose.

Regards-

Todd

What a croc of shiit....

You played him with delivery, just admit it already
This isnt an isolated case that you can say ah forget it, this happened to way to many people already.

There is no reason why people should wait so long for delivery, and then have to experience fitment issues on top of the lies.

You come on here all the time and convieniently give generic excuses and defend yourself.
Its gettin old. I dont care how many people back you up. You have messed with too many people for it all the be forgiven. I wasted close the three thousand dollars on your mess of a 'kit', and it goes down as my biggest waste of money in my 21 years on earth.

Go back to school and take a business class. Then maybe youll learn what youre doing wrong.

Oh n dont forget! Quote me and give me 14 excuses about how you gave people options abd how u offered to help, etc. Save it
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
I need this low oil pressure at idle thing fixed. I think its pretty serious. My oil pressure gauge only shows 1-2psi at warm idle, and I think I hear my motor ticking because of the low pressure. hmmm.

And in regards to the rest of the convo, I have to say that over all TT kits are hit and miss. Everything is basically custom so its hit or miss if things fit or not. Most of the earlier stuff from Todd that went to Chris, Brandon, and Ace fit decently with no problems. I unfortunately ran into problems with my spipe and downpipe. I would have been fine if I had receive things faster but I didn't. My problem with Todd is the lack in trust I have with him, I've been lied to too too many times to have any confidence in him, especially after an 8 month wait for a kit, and 2 month wait for replacement parts. What can you do.
did you ever take off the oil pressure sensor and the t fitting? when you put the oil pan on did you use an ars load of rtv on it?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Carlanga
hey kev, sorry to hear that man. I have a question for u. Even with the motor full of oil u still get 1-2 psi when warm and ur hearing knock right? Worst case scenario some of the silicone from the oil pan is in the system (oil pump or oil filter) and is clogged. It doesn't mater if the turbo line is clogged or the turbo itself. It's gonna F the turbo, but u'll get stock readings in the oil pressure. For all we know it could also be ur dephi gauge or sensor that's bad and because ur going crazy ur hearing knocking.

If ur really showing 1-2 psi, ur oil light will be on the whole time it is on that range.

Any questions feel free to call me man.
yep yep
Old 05-20-2009, 11:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by crush02342002
What is the ratio of satisfied customers to UN-satisfied......so far we have like 2 out of 30....Not exactly good recommendable numbers.
java
java's friend in Hi (dont remember his name, i sold him his dumptube...lol)
ace
crush
mr. meaty
cessblood
jsq93085
coryjames
shwdtc
yelosub
syldrin
thndr13
jaxtcracer
scikotictc232 (used kit or new parts idk)

i can go further if youd like...the point is your exagerating things...there are also peeps that dont post on here...prolly some good and some bad experiances...trav please dont start throwing numbers in the air, crap i can do the same.
should i keep going...im sure more will speak up...
wow the list is growing...hmmm

How about listing those still waiting for their kits next to the satisfied ones. And then also a list of people who bolted up a TT Kit and not had to change a single thing on it because everything fit perfect and there were no low hanging pipes, wrong S-pipes, etc...
could do that but heres something you gata understand though the low hanging pipes is a known deal before people paid for the kit....iv said it in my thread and provided plenty of pics as well as mr meaty. thats how the kit is and always has been but it also depends on the installer on how far they hang. so anyone who wants to say that they didnt know about the pipes doesnt know how to read and is blind to pics from photobucket. Mr.meaty has had pics and talked about it since what 06? so lets go ahead and throw that one out...

so i wanna throw this out there, i had my bov hitting my hood like jons, i could have adjusted my pipes more but got lazy. I dont blame Todd for that, i blame my self for not getting off my ****.

anyways that leaves us with s-pipe/down pipe issues...now this cant really be an installer thing at all so yeah that would be a TT f-up if it doesnt fit.

so yeah we could do that.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
everyone says how you have to wait for todds kits but what about ptuning ? They have had it listed on their site for months that they have a turbo set up but still they have not released it. yet they still have a list of customers that are waiting to receive their kits. am i right ? but no one is saying anything bout that in comparison. you cant speak on the quality or fitment of the ptining kit because only a few cars here are running that set up if that. So you cant really talk down on other kits until you have your own experience on a kit your comparing. And because the shop is near you dont mean isht either just makes it more biased.

Whooa....that's not even CLOSE to being the same kind of wait list. You trying to compare a "Pre-Order" (Ptuning), to a "False delivery date" (TT). Not close to being the same thing.

Secondly, PTuning actually has a tC of their own that they measure, calculate, remeasure, and test fit products to before every even releasing stuff. Todds shop....is his garage at his house to which he does not have the same access, so I highly doubt PTuning's turbo kit is going to have fitment issues. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the attention to detail and quality PTuning delivers into their work.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What is the ratio of satisfied customers to UN-satisfied......so far we have like 2 out of 30....Not exactly good recommendable numbers.
java
java's friend in Hi (dont remember his name, i sold him his dumptube...lol)
ace
crush
mr. meaty
cessblood
jsq93085
coryjames
shwdtc
yelosub
syldrin
thndr13
jaxtcracer
scikotictc232 (used kit or new parts idk)

i can go further if youd like...the point is your exagerating things...there are also peeps that dont post on here...prolly some good and some bad experiances...trav please dont start throwing numbers in the air, crap i can do the same.
should i keep going...im sure more will speak up...
wow the list is growing...hmmm

How about listing those still waiting for their kits next to the satisfied ones. And then also a list of people who bolted up a TT Kit and not had to change a single thing on it because everything fit perfect and there were no low hanging pipes, wrong S-pipes, etc...
could do that but heres something you gata understand though the low hanging pipes is a known deal before people paid for the kit....iv said it in my thread and provided plenty of pics as well as mr meaty. thats how the kit is and always has been but it also depends on the installer on how far they hang. so anyone who wants to say that they didnt know about the pipes doesnt know how to read and is blind to pics from photobucket. Mr.meaty has had pics and talked about it since what 06? so lets go ahead and throw that one out...

so i wanna throw this out there, i had my bov hitting my hood like jons, i could have adjusted my pipes more but got lazy. I dont blame Todd for that, i blame my self for not getting off my ****.

anyways that leaves us with s-pipe/down pipe issues...now this cant really be an installer thing at all so yeah that would be a TT f-up if it doesnt fit.

so yeah we could do that.

Less excuses, more List...(not trying to be rude here, but come on man). Who the hell designs pipes that are lower than the lowest point on the car?

Sorry, people not reading is not a valid excuse to wipe and entire class/list of people. People read that it takes Todd a long time to get you stuff, the still ordered, just because they read it does not mean their "waiting" simply went away. Not to mention some people asked Todd directly, and was lied to. Seriously, you really going to take the "It's all of the consumers" fault approach?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

the lowest part of the car is not the intercooler pipe, its the downpipe, doesnt matter if its a 2.5 or 3 inch dp its still the downpipe, as with other kits including ptuning
Old 05-20-2009, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
the lowest part of the car is not the intercooler pipe, its the downpipe, doesnt matter if its a 2.5 or 3 inch dp its still the downpipe, as with other kits including ptuning

I can recall one pic where the pipes hung lower than the tow holes in the front support. I don't recall the downpipe hanging lower than those, but anyhow, you got the point. Poor designing.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

even with IC pipe sitting a bit lower than tow hook, the dp is still the lowest.. meaty i think has the lowest sitting IC pipe but dp is still lower.. there's really no way around the dp to get it high, unless you snake it around the oil pan
Old 05-20-2009, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah, I'm aware of that one.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

tc is a bit turbo install friendly but i hate how our oilpan is located.. i cant run a 4" exhaust haha..
Old 05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

tc is a bit turbo install friendly but i hate how our oilpan is located.. i cant run a 4" exhaust haha..

LOL...sure you could, if you made a custom setup like Complication did where the exhaust routes over the tranny.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah.. and oh he has a custom oil pan! but many dragsters i see run uppipes not downpipes.. huge exhaust that goes through the hood! oh well...

wuzup kev, gotta get to the exhaust shop early!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I saw this at the top of the page:

Well no matter how many of us happy customer there is, its the unhappy ones thats gonna bring his business down
You are putting the blame on the wrong people. It isn't the customers that bring the business down, it is the business itself for making the customers unhappy. If Todd got some business sense and started caring about ALL of his customers, the number of unhappy ones would be a fraction of what it currently is.

Whooa....that's not even CLOSE to being the same kind of wait list. You trying to compare a "Pre-Order" (Ptuning), to a "False delivery date" (TT). Not close to being the same thing.
Also, PTuning doesn't tell their customers (repeatedly) that they have shipped the kits out but really haven't.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Holy flippin *****. This thread has gone up in a full blown rant thread. As much as love this, I'm gonna need you guys to tone it done a bit. You all know about my experience with Todd with long 8 month wait, false shipment dates, and a downpipe/spipe that didn't fit. I have to say this experience has probably been the worse I've had in my life with poor customer service. Todd always has the perfect excuse why something hasn't arrived, ALWAYS. I paid Todd one week after talking to him in FULL back in JULY 08. I'm just ready to sleep easier at night, not having to worry about this crap.

Anyways, clean it up. I need my thread back.

Carlos, this crap is driving me crazy! I may be pretending hearing it. From what I read, the tC idles at 4.3psi or so. My oil light isn't on all the time, but it flickers sometimes. I've taken off all the fittings at the feed line and redid everything, its the same as before.

I'm not sure what to do.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
first one as you know was bought many moons ago..

the second kit, the extreme series twin scroll kit was already made as it was used when purchased but wasnt really used.. funny situation.

in the end it was already in a box and todd shipped it to me.. nothing had to be made at all.
That is a different story in comparison to others waiting for new stuff though.
I'm still waiting. I haven't gotten any update from Todd himself at all. It's been well over a year now and this is complete BS. It's not right that I drop 6K on a kit and have to wait this long for it.

I upgraded to the twin scroll since april of last year in. I originally made my order oct 2007 in which $4299 plus shipping was taken out of my account shortly after. I paid an additional $1500 for this upgrade.

Now i was told that the twin scroll would have majority of the same components as my original stage 2 kit that i ordered. The only thing that would need to be changed is the dp, manifold, and turbo housing.

I don't get how everyone else is getting their stuff before me when it seems like i've been waiting the longest. And it kills me that i'm all the way here cause if i was close to AZ i swear i would be knocking on his door every damnnn day.

Quick Reply: all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!