Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

What kinda of filters are you guys using? I'm using mobil 1 oil filter.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i use oem ones.. one of the best out there
Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

He's using oem with 5w30 oil
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i used wix filters while i was boosted....not that they are great or anything but its the only filter i could find that would fit the sandwich adapter...i found out that the filter i had been using is a replacment filter for a bobcat...lol
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

lol, nice chris!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch to 10W40 and a OEM filter. It's really the only thing that could be the problem. I don't have any leaks, no blockage in my feed lines, my pressure is normal at cold startup, (40psi)., and I can't see that my oil pump failed at the same time my turbo kit went on. 90F temperatures + a 3" dp 3/4ths of an inch away from my oil pain can't be good for the oil temp either.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe some heat wrap is in order?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

now Cwatts is going to be using a bobcat filter....lmao
Old 06-02-2009, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

hell, if my oil pressure would be like normal, i'd use a bobcat filter. lol
Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
hell, if my oil pressure would be like normal, i'd use a bobcat filter. lol
idk if it would fit unless you used the same sandwich adapter but i understand you wanna pimp the bobcat
Old 06-03-2009, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

4th gear 2krpm i'm at about 12psi oil pressure. 3krpm, I'm around 20psi. If I drive over 2krpm in any gear, I can hear my cams chatter. It doesn't look so good for me right now. I'm running out of options. I really hope I haven't screwed up my engine trying to tune. I'm really scared about motor damage right now. I think I have to say if I don't have this problem fixed by the end of the month, I'm going to have to pull everything and put the car back to stock. I'm done worrying and putting money into my car.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

pm TheFantasticG...he has the same year car as you i think. he should be able to tell you better what psi you should be running at...ace should be able to aswell...

im starting to wonder if you used a little too much rtv on the oil pan and some of it has found its way to your oil pickup. I think that happend to Cory James (something to that effect, anyways his pick up was cloged). Did you use so much that it sqeezed out alot around the edges of the oil pan?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:58 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Kev, did u get ur car from Jim Norton Toyota? When I bought my car they were offering I lifetime warranty on the drivetrain on all their cars. If u go back to stock, I'm sure they'll take care of it. Talk to Brian on the service department.

U could also take it to Christian Brothers in 81st & 169 for their opinion, I took Karina's car twice for brake adjustment and other stuff and they didn't charged me a penny.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

My friend did my pan for me. And yes it did squeeze out of the sides. It would be fine though because I never started up the car for weeks, it should have been fully dried by then. He just recently did another pan on his wifes tc the same way, and it works fine. Fires up at 60 psi, moves down to 40psi. Its an 06 as well. How did cory fix his problem?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
My friend did my pan for me. And yes it did squeeze out of the sides. It would be fine though because I never started up the car for weeks, it should have been fully dried by then. He just recently did another pan on his wifes tc the same way, and it works fine. Fires up at 60 psi, moves down to 40psi. Its an 06 as well. How did cory fix his problem?
you dont want to know

he didnt know about it till his engine went by by...then he dropped the oil pan and found the screen on the oil pick up was clogged with dried old rtv...even though its dried it can still seperate if alot was used and make its way to the pick up...ill see if i can find his old thread, it got locked a year or two ago when he got booted from sl.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I bought my car from riverside carlos, not jim norton.

damn it chris, hahaha. thats not the kind of news I wanted to hear. lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry......my bad...lol
Old 06-03-2009, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

if ur gonna change ur oil just drop the pan and doubt check wont hurt anything u might find some in ther eand save ur engine
Old 06-03-2009, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i think i found it, the thread that is...i found the old thread cory had and it didnt have it in there but his new one does

here is the start of it

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=80
(from cory's thread)

so last night i was out for a drive and i could hear this funny noise from my car like a ticking not like a exhaust leak like a spun bearing i was driving normal when i rev it it makes it tick like with the engine i think its a loose o2 sensor cause i had mine out the otherday and i dont think i tightened it down so its kinda rattling cause it only does it on some revs kinda got me a little sad i will gigure out whats up when i get home from work hope im not in for a new motor build already hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeheheheheheheh 400hp xb watch out fools lol

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...asc&&start=100

so the tick was a loose o2 sensor in combo with just the valves ticking at low rpms so yeah and i try to get vids of the bov and stuff and you cant really hear it over my exhaust but i will post them

dont know whats wrong there is a loud nock in the motor i did a leak down and comp test all good might be a spun bearing or my 02 sensor came loose again or is still loose lol it could also be one of my pullys car runs fine no misfire codes or anything so it has me miffed i took off the valve cover no gauges or anything like that who knows lol so list on the build

h beam rods
dezod pistons
stage4 clutch
lsd
head package
bc stage 2 cams

fist im trying to find a motor to build for mine is running fine so far so look for some fancy pics lol wonder what kinda power that will see????

what oyu mean had a nock???? its like a rattle more then anything like yeah its only partial throttle or yeah when i floor it it goes away sounds more like a rattle more then anything

no blow by no codes just the maf and cat code and no leaks oil level looks fine everything looks ok it stopped raining i might put it up in the air and find what it is it sounds like exhaust no missfire codes things like that

know but the noise gets to me i want to know what the hell it is i want to know lol eeeeeeeeeeee it comes and goes i am going to have my gf help me today she is good at giving me a hard time while im on my back hahaha

no oil pressure gauge i looked up oil strainer on here and a few people got it clogged and it killed there motor im a little stressed so who knows its getting worse and makes me a little angry sounds like a rod rubbing its crap and the low oil pressure uggggggg

there is alot more crap in the way

so the dirt
i took off the oil pan to find the oil strainer clogged

cleaned it out

checked for all i could see
there is a oilpump and something else in the way couldnt tell what it was from under the car and in the dark so i didnt want to take it apart so i put the pan back on put oil in ran the car the nock is still there

so 99% sure the bearings are crap from lack of oil what you may ask was in the strainer silicone looked like some red shop towels and who knows what else there was also some sludge in the pottom of the pan with a few very small peices of metal shaving so yeah

course of action that will follow

buying motor from some guy on here

850+ shipping

rods pistons and a full machine job to make sure things are ready for the new stuff
might go with some cams who knows yet
so this will probably be a ways out probably 2 months for it to happen but once it does horay

so who knows im a little irritated wondering where the silicone came from seing as it was toyotas gray stuff thats on the timing cover i used the "right stuff" kinda comes out like cheeeszzzzzzy wizzzz so yeah wasnt my stuff but trying to get your car warranted with a turbo on it never going to happen im looking around for some one to do the build on the motor if not me we will see how things play out i have had a bad day but i hope things get better
Old 06-03-2009, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ i would do the same. go through the whole oiling system. chances are something like that could have happened. than when you put it all back together just use thicker oil and see the difference. could the gauge be the problem ?
Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Chris, I put the new tune in and got a chance to log once on my way home. It seems to be a bit leaner than before, there's only like one weird spot towards the end I think that it got rich. U'll see.

BTW, I haven't been able to upload it on my damn e-mail I'll try again later.

Quick Reply: all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!