Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a genesis coupe turbo... lol FI with factory warranty FTW!!
Old 06-05-2009, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Dude, I even though the genesis looks good, i could never rock a hundai. lol
Old 06-05-2009, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

get a 335i!
Old 06-05-2009, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude you know how earlier on in the thread I talked bout how i had spent so much money and have pretty much spent all my money throwing it into it. I have had good luck and good times with my car and then I have had some set backs. I would not necessarily call it bad luck though, as I like learning from my troubles. I bought my car brand new when I turned 18 with zero miles on it. Actually me and one of my best friends went in to the dealer ship together and both left with tc's ( kinda we ordered ) Right from the beginning after I made my first payment the following three checks went to wheels Sportmax 006 black with red lip ( i know, not baller but looked good. ) tein basic coils really set the car off man. some liked it, some hated it but I loved it and thats all that matters.

One day coming home from school with a girl I know just cruising down the highway we went to take the exit to my neighborhood. Was going about 70 and speed limit was 60 around a on ramp. Well their was a semi that blew a tire carrying gravel and dropped a lot of gravel on the road and me not knowing hit it and pitched the car sideways at 70 and by the time I came to a stop on the side of the highway we barely missed a car that was broke down on the side of the road by literally inches. The cop said the car did not flip because I was lowered and it just skipped across the terrain. well this is what she looked like after wards.

so since then its been an ongoing project. long story short the shop that was gonna fix the car i had a confrontation with them after someone stole my cd player and no one wanted to take responsibility and their insurance did not cover it so i took the car back and I did all the repairs to it myself. Everything on my suspension is brand new and has never seen any road time and the only thing that happened after my wreck was a bent control arm and the body got roughed up. I did poly bushings all new oem tie rod ends, bakk joints, control arms, brakets, braided brake lines, wheel bearings, hubs, F and R Hotchkins sway bars, new end links, at the time I was rocking Tein basics now im on Trd shocks and struts ( last minute change. Its been a long and tough road for me but I have enjoyed it man. I have learned so much bout this car I have had the whole suspension stripped off the car were there was nothing down their. know once she is on the road and running how I want her finished, I know ill enjoy it. I know ill love it. dont give up man. you have gone this far and once you think about it I dont know how much you have payed off or still owe but you are going to take a loss when you trade it. Chances are that you are going to have to pay more than what you owe. Ya you would have a car that is running with no problems but you know that car is going to end up getting modded too. You have FELT boost and I know you liked it. Your going to look for it now. Either way you look at it you are going to spend money. U might as well build it and take some more time into it and have a bad ___ street car when you are done and just jump into bigger mods from then on. this is what my car looks like now and it is in the process of getting painted as we speak. ( I am actually in the garage on the lap top taking breaks in between sanding the car.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Jose, car is looking good man. I'm pretty sure my turbo dreams are shot, I need the money to fix my mistakes. So I'm going to tear everything down on starting monday and list it in the classified section. If anyone can find me an 05-06 motor for a good price and low miles, I may keep my tc.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I would just keep the tc, and build it up. Ride a bicycle for now not trying to be mean. But like everyone is saying, just stick it through the end. (This isnt the end btw)
Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a feeling youll keep it. did you graduate from school ? or just done for the summer kev ?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
Jose, car is looking good man. I'm pretty sure my turbo dreams are shot, I need the money to fix my mistakes. So I'm going to tear everything down on starting monday and list it in the classified section. If anyone can find me an 05-06 motor for a good price and low miles, I may keep my tc.
ill keep an eye out bro
Old 06-05-2009, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'm just done for the summer. I need to get this crap done before the summer ends so I can focus on school when august comes around. I just don't need this stuff lingering on my mind.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

let me know what youv got in mind for the kit.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

oh btw love that mani jose....lol
Old 06-06-2009, 10:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So i just finish reading your whole entire thread and wow im sorry you had to endure all this isht wish after you got everything to complete the kit every thing would run fine but ehhh didnt happen like that. Just like every one is saying you have put so much into your car blood sweat and bunch of curse words toward the downpipe lol i think you should keep it man. I know it things haven't gone good but if you look back i don't think with another car you would get all the love and help from a community like this down the line. well i just hope what ever you choose to do works out. but if you choose to keep it which i hope because your car is real clean and is initially the build i wanted to do white manual gold yea your entire build can say lol but if you choose to keep it pm weezyfbayba down here in florida motors do go for pretty good price specially in miami/hialeah bunch of junk yards down there and if he knows a guy he might get it cheaper...

OH also i wanted to say
Crush don't know you much but siht your a hella nice guy.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002

thanks a lot man. I have put so much damn time into that thing just to mkae it look what it does now. Like seriously sitting in a room in my room listening to oldies like 2pac and biggie smalls trying to figure out what happened just to make the time pass while jaking my manifold off. I probably wont do that again ( probably will haha)
Old 06-06-2009, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
Originally Posted by crush02342002

thanks a lot man. I have put so much damn time into that thing just to mkae it look what it does now. Like seriously sitting in a room in my room listening to oldies like 2pac and biggie smalls trying to figure out what happened just to make the time pass while jaking my manifold off. I probably wont do that again ( probably will haha)
ohhhh trust me i know wher your comeing from....

wait that didnt sound right at all
Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha.... ya just a bit. Kev I still dont want to see this go man. If I was a millionaire or owned a shop id hook ya up man. money is hard to come by when your in college I know the story all to well man. If the tc goes you still gotta stop by from time to time. If this happened to me this is what I would do man. only if i had to get rid of my car and did not buy a new one I would buy a new GTI man. b00st from factory or v6 in a lil hatch. If i did not own a toyota product for sure it would be a VW = they have grown on me.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Get a 2004 VW R32.

That was my old car before the tc and i loved it...... Still do
Old 06-06-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so ive been keeping up with this thread for a long while and maybe i missed it somewhere, but did you figure out what happened or why?

hopefully you can find a used motor for cheap and just swap it (yes easier said then done) and then just slowly build your old motor over time so your not stressin about the car imo.

good luck with it, ive always liked your car and wheels!
Old 06-07-2009, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Its been a good weekend guys. I've been working asylum both Friday and Saturday. There were some SICK cars out here, we shut off 3 blocks of roads on brookside, which is a walking district with a bunch of bars and restaurants for our pre-party. We shut down a whole floor at a mall parking garage today for the show. I honestly say there is no better community than the scion community. This has made me believe and want to continue my car. All I have to do is be able to see if a motor swap is a viable option for me. I'm still debating if I should keep the turbo or not, because I do need my car to be daily-able. I'm going to check my options around town, and possibly give PTuning or Dezod a call on monday, see what they can do for me. If not, I will probably find myself in another scion, just with different goals. I can't let all this knowledge about the tC go all to waste. So at the end of the day, I will be in my tC or another one, so that should make you guys happy. It just depends if a motor swap is a viable option, along with the cost/benefit of it.

Chris,
I want to thank you so much for the heat shield. This thing is sooooooo badass and definitely cheered me up. You are honestly one of the best guys on the scion community. I want to thank you for all that you have done with helping me out with my car, and the fundraiser. Seeing carlos's car run so so so so well makes me want to try again turboing it again. I'm not sure if that's an option right now, but quite possibly in the future again.

Rippin,
I'm not sure still to this day why what happened happened. I may have had a weak oil pump or some previous motor damage which the turbo made worse by drawing away oil from the motor itself. I honestly don't know.

Jose,
I'll take a look at a VW. And I appreciate the support from another tt brother, and I hope your build goes much better than mine did.

Thanks for the support from everyone again.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOOOOO!!!! hopefully things can get resolved and you will be back in yours or another tC
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry i couldnt polish it up for ya but it was an impromptu thing...carlos came over to get that bolt out of his turbo and thought it would cheer ya up a bit so i sent it with him....wish i could have gone up there. Carlos won first place huh...that boy is on fire this year with his car, hope to get him out to the track more often though....lol

i hope the mounting holes align up right...i double checked my measurments and made a template this time but if it doesnt let me know i can make another one for ya or send out some washers like carlos has on his. BTW the stock plastic snap in deals wont work in holding the heatshield because they are not long enough, go to pepboys or autozone and get thos long plastic pop in rivits like carlos...so far they have worked quit well.

deff glad to hear that your staying with scion brand. so are you going to keep the turbo? Might as well hang on to it for a rainy day...lol

Quick Reply: all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!