Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Its quite possible i'm keeping the turbo. Carlos took me for a ride and I made one hell of a mess in his seat. lol. It ran soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smooth. I gotta see what my options are. I gotta thank you and carlos really for keeping me going. Feeling that boost hit so smooth, it was just BEAUTIFUL... that's the only thing i can say about it. lol. Carlos is tearing it up though, he's got a crazy sick ride. When he gets back, you might want to ask him about a kit swap. I sent a little proposal with him if I decided to sell my kit.

I'll let you know how it fits, I'm pretty stoked about it. You can make a business out of it, a lot of people asked me what it was and where I got it from at the show. You deff cheered me up though bro! thanks! I need to find my stock heat shield...I don't really know what I did with it.. lol. I need to find it.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the only problem im running into is polishing them...i dont like the finish that i get with aluminum...you see carlos's and how the finish is on it right, well that took me like 2 days of polishing...im just affraid that peeps will talk crap about the finish
Old 06-07-2009, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

nice man, i hope you will be able to keep the car and turbo.. buts at least you experienced how the ride feels with the turbo
Old 06-07-2009, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I am very glad I got to experience the car feels with a turbo and I LOVED it. I'm just not sure if it is a possible/practical choice for me though. Carlos car looks so similar that m friends around here think its me driving around when he is in town. It happens every time lol.

Chris, I think you should offer it raw after you cut it, or offer it powerder coated. Let the customer do the grunt work of the sanding.. lol

To be honest with you guys, I wouldn't mind taking a new tC and going in a different direction. Just building one sick looking tC. Coilovers, Five axis kit, fiber glass system, a little custom paint, work wheels.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

whatever makes you happy bro
Old 06-07-2009, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
I am very glad I got to experience the car feels with a turbo and I LOVED it. I'm just not sure if it is a possible/practical choice for me though. Carlos car looks so similar that m friends around here think its me driving around when he is in town. It happens every time lol.

Chris, I think you should offer it raw after you cut it, or offer it powerder coated. Let the customer do the grunt work of the sanding.. lol

To be honest with you guys, I wouldn't mind taking a new tC and going in a different direction. Just building one sick looking tC. Coilovers, Five axis kit, fiber glass system, a little custom paint, work wheels.
thats good man your thinking bout keeping it. Ill keep my eyes open up here. being in between seattle and portland I can usually find things I need for a good price. x2 on the clean looking car.... but your car is already clean ___ hell man. throw the 5axis kit on that and you would be set.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

If everyone can keep an eye out for a motor with low miles, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ are you building the old one soon? who knows.. it might be still good inside
Old 06-08-2009, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey kevin you know what would be cheap and might be worth considering ? this is what I was thinking bout. You caught your oil pump problem fast. I dont thinck you made that much damage to your motor. like your friend said it looks like shavings from the pump itself. I doubt your head is hurt since your pistons did not come apart. What you could do is buy aftermarket pistons new rod bearings and replace the oil pump. it should be around.
http://www.dezod.com/pd_clevite_77_m...ust_washer.cfm
http://www.dezod.com/pd_clevite_77_t...sher-2azfe.cfm
http://www.dezod.com/pd_cometic_mult...sket-2azfe.cfm
or you could do this one
http://www.dezod.com/pd_cometic_mult...sket-2azfe.cfm
definitely need this one
http://www.dezod.com/pd-oil-pump.cfm
http://www.customcarscentral.com/wsck641m-scion-tc.html
for around 9 - 1g you can have a mild built motor that could handle more boost.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

you guys bring up a good point. The motor i have still may be good on the inside. It definitely needs a rebuild though and a new oil pump, for my peace of mind sake. I talked to my parents and they want this problem taken care of by mid august when school starts. So whatever my decision is, I need to make it and have it done by then.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry to be off topic Kevin, but it was nice meeting you in Tulsa!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

just read everything and i hope you keep the car, cause your right the scion community is the best.

good luck!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hey kev i have a brand new cometic head gasket that i was saving for when i do mt motor build but if you like i'll send it to you.... no charge.

Lets get this engine build going!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by java09
just read everything and i hope you keep the car, cause your right the scion community is the best.

good luck!

is it you java? haha i didnt see this one coming lmao
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
Originally Posted by java09

good luck!

is it you java? haha i didnt see this one coming lmao
lil kim has spoken
Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Ian, it was nice meeting you this weekend too! I hope you had a great time, hope you had fun at the parties and the show!

Christian, I'll let you know man! Thanks for the offer!

And it is no DOUBT the scion community is the best around. I met some really cool people this weekend, and that is really what is keeping me motivated to go forward!

Few updates... I called Dezod today and talked to Paul and Don. I was wondering if they were capable of doing a motor swap/build but they said they were trying to get out of the install world because it is so time consuming, which is understandable. They said that their built short block would be coming out here shortly so if it is a good price I may go with that. They are also trying to help me out finding a good shop to do the install around my area. Good people I have to say! I tried to call ptuning but they are closed now.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

let me and carlos know when you plan to do it....it would be kinda fun to go for a road trip/install...its well worth it to learn all i can about the 2az inside and out.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

The owner of the shop that my dad knows and has used for the past 4-5 years says he can do a motor swap in 2-3 days. He say he can find a motor with 20-30k miles in it from California. I thinks that it will be a better choice and the car will last much longer than a rebuild. A rebuild would be cheaper, but the longevity of the motor is unknown. I think I would be happier with a different motor anyways. So I will be keeping the car for sure.

I am debating if I want to continue my turbo dreams, or just postpone it until I graduate for college and am able to keep up with the high demands ($$) of a turbo kit. I'm currently leaning towards selling the kit, and resuming my turbo adventure in another year or two.

What do you guys think?

And chris, I can send you my current motor, you can strip it down and figure out what I did to it. You and carlos can build it and keep it as a spare motor for any of us to use if we pop one. lol It would be good insurance.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by all4degame
The owner of the shop that my dad knows and has used for the past 4-5 years says he can do a motor swap in 2-3 days. He say he can find a motor with 20-30k miles in it from California. I thinks that it will be a better choice and the car will last much longer than a rebuild. A rebuild would be cheaper, but the longevity of the motor is unknown. I think I would be happier with a different motor anyways. So I will be keeping the car for sure.

I am debating if I want to continue my turbo dreams, or just postpone it until I graduate for college and am able to keep up with the high demands ($$) of a turbo kit. I'm currently leaning towards selling the kit, and resuming my turbo adventure in another year or two.

What do you guys think?

And chris, I can send you my current motor, you can strip it down and figure out what I did to it. You and carlos can build it and keep it as a spare motor for any of us to use if we pop one. lol It would be good insurance.
i can dig it...id prolly want to build it up and swap it with mine...mine i think its kinda weak due to the learning curve of tuning and drag raceing...lol...no smoking or rod knocking (though at one time i thought it was) but is more noisy than when it was stock.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ wish my scion homies in my area thought like that. They are Va J J's and scared of boost though. I would say keep the set up man and just swap a new motor make sure it runs and since you will have your gauges in before you can monitor everything for a few weeks - month what ever and then just swap it back in. I doubt it was the kit man does not make sense. Going boosted is definitely money consuming man. I have to save to go to school and finish my car. It will be worth it, probably is already. Reason I say is look at all the knowledge that has come from this.

Quick Reply: all4degame's unboosted and needs a srs a-pillar HELP!