Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Am I being scammed by turbo toyotas? Recived refund 7/17

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Am I being scammed by turbo toyotas? Recived refund 7/17

ok here is my story I am building a zpi kit for my car, personal reasons, mostly abecause they are cheap and easy to put together, plus they don't require fuel managment out of the box. Well in the beging of may I started a thread looking for a zpi downpipe and manifold because I had purchased everything else already but couldnn't find a source for those, so todd reply's to my thread and said quote "I have a bunch of ZPI manifolds and downpipes I will let go for "cheap" ", so by may 15th I had sent him the money order for the parts, and was stoked because he said he had them laying around, so I figured maybe a 2 or 3 week turn around....WRONG!!!! it has been now over 2 months and I recived a manifold about 2 weeks ago, still no down pipe. keep in mind that I have had over 10 people PM me trying to sell me there manifolds and downpipes since I have paid Todd. I have tried calling him, PIing him, emailing him, and it takes forever to get a responce. About a month ago he did say the downpipe he was going to send was not up to his standards and he had made me one and in was at the coaters, 2 weeks ago, when he sent the manifold, he said it would be done in a day or 2 and it would be on its way as soon as it is done, today he said that it might be done by next week. I have told him several times that I would take the tweaked one just to get my setup up and running, and no responce. I personally have a business degree for from cal state san bernadino, which is one of the best schools to goto for business, and this guy has horriable business practices. I was always told that a business only makes it if the owner can provide a better product, service or price then his competitors, so far thus dealing with Todd at TT I have not seen any of these observed. So for any potential customers of Todd I would keep my story in mind, because this is the trouble I have been going thru with parts he had "laying around". and would really concider going with someone else like I should have done. I will keep everyone posted to when I finally recive my down pipe that I could have already ordered and recived from a fellow scionlifer 5 times over by now with the time this has taken.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

jesus, another one?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

uh-ohhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-17-2008, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

wow maybe i should not get my turbo kit from them/
Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Everyone knows when buying Todds kit that they are built to order. so this is a seperate case that shouldnt be considered when buying a kit you know is not on the shelf and once you order the build begins. although.. there are those who have waited for quite some time..
Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by java09
Everyone knows when buying Todds kit that they are built to order. so this is a seperate case that shouldnt be considered when buying a kit you know is not on the shelf and once you order the build begins. although.. there are those who have waited for quite some time..
this is true, but this was also presented to me like he had the items (downpipe and mainfold) in stock ready to ship after he recived payment. But it has just been mostly a lot of him trying to blow smoke up my a$$ since then with dates of shipment and never shipping
Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

I fell you troy.. but bashing threads like this dont solve anything.. if anything people are still going to be ordering just the same..
Old 07-17-2008, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
HaYu Racing
SL Member

oh gosh not another one.. no he is not trying to scam anyone. he dont make it till you order it i think. its just like wendys or is that jack in the box? eeehh i dont even know.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

crap another one.
im normally nice and i really dont want to step on anyones toes, i also understand your situation, but if you dont like the wait ask for your money back and be done with it. sorry but thats about the best advice i can give you. if it means anything iv been waiting 11weeks today for my kit.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:32 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a friend, he made turbos for dsm's for a long time...names doug, maybe you heard of him maybe you havn't. but he made perfect turbo kits. sad part is that he doesn't do it anymore, why?

he had a daytime job, and did hte turbo thing on the side...when he got home from work. now instead of going on the websites he frequents and seeing compliments or people understanding that that was only a side hobby, he saw people complaining and complaining; after a while he just said f'it and gave up the whole trade.

reminds me of todd, you do kknow that todd has a family and a different job right? he builds it because he feels like helping the community and getting out there. and just because his kits by far look the prettiest and perform jussssssst as well as dezod's perfect customer service company shipment out thing he gets alot of bussiness, so much in fact that it's hard for him to keep track of it. if he wanted to get out of the whole game he probably would have. and it wouldn't affect his lifestyle at all. only ours.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

^^only ours.. said well!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok just to set everyone straight, I understand that turbo toyotas is a company that custom fab's tubo kits, and from the images i have seen of there work, it looks awsome. but my beef that I am having is that I was told by todd that he had these laying around, so I would pretty much my situation to some buying a fuel managment setup from them, so again, I knew that it might take 2 or 3 weeks for him to send it and for me to recive it, nothing compaired to what I have been waiting. Also I want people to know that I am not trying to bash turbo toyota's, I am just expressing my feelings of frustation I am having with them in my situation, and maybe saving someone the trouble I have had. And I don't want a refund, I have been waiting over 2 months, I don't want to have to go thru waiting for the refund, and looking for a DP, and waiting on shippment, all I want is what is owed to me, thats only fair
Old 07-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
i have a friend, he made turbos for dsm's for a long time...names doug, maybe you heard of him maybe you havn't. but he made perfect turbo kits. sad part is that he doesn't do it anymore, why?

he had a daytime job, and did hte turbo thing on the side...when he got home from work. now instead of going on the websites he frequents and seeing compliments or people understanding that that was only a side hobby, he saw people complaining and complaining; after a while he just said f'it and gave up the whole trade.

reminds me of todd, you do kknow that todd has a family and a different job right? he builds it because he feels like helping the community and getting out there. and just because his kits by far look the prettiest and perform jussssssst as well as dezod's perfect customer service company shipment out thing he gets alot of bussiness, so much in fact that it's hard for him to keep track of it. if he wanted to get out of the whole game he probably would have. and it wouldn't affect his lifestyle at all. only ours.
This sounds like a sob story. I proclaim neutrality, but if you want to play business, you had better intend to step your game up especially when your dealing with people's $$ and a lot of it. The guy you're holding $4K of his $$, who saved for a year to buy your part is not going to care if the moon fell out of the sky and destroyed your house once you got his $$. He is either going to want his $$ or the part. Simple as that.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well said paul
Old 07-17-2008, 12:43 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we all understand that you're fustrated, hell i would be too. but you do have to understand that ESPECIALLY because he does this as a side thing, there is wayyyyyy more room for error on his part, whether it is forgetting or a coater not being able to do what he wnated them to do.

but, i know for a fact that if you order something he doesn't have to make then he will get it to you super quick.

btw, it's not a "they" situation, it's todd and a couple of friends making something on the side, i don't even think he has any full time employees. cut him some slack.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i was going to write something but i really dont feel like being a d!ck.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
we all understand that you're fustrated, hell i would be too. but you do have to understand that ESPECIALLY because he does this as a side thing, there is wayyyyyy more room for error on his part, whether it is forgetting or a coater not being able to do what he wnated them to do.

but, i know for a fact that if you order something he doesn't have to make then he will get it to you super quick.

btw, it's not a "they" situation, it's todd and a couple of friends making something on the side, i don't even think he has any full time employees. cut him some slack.
If he is doing that well, then he should play full time TT. Every company starts small and somewhere. We all know that! Some of the best companies in the world started out in someone garage, or home, bedroom etc......BUT, it all boils down to what you do, how you do it, and how the customer walks away from you. THAT is what seperates the men from boys in business.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hey paul you see my sig
Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by aen

If he is doing that well, then he should play full time TT. Every company starts small and somewhere. We all know that! Some of the best companies in the world started out in someone garage, or home, bedroom etc......BUT, it all boils down to what you do, how you do it, and how the customer walks away from you. THAT is what seperates the men from boys in business.
to be honest with you paul, i really really wish he would. i want a manifold too lol. but i think he's getting there.

Quick Reply: Am I being scammed by turbo toyotas? Recived refund 7/17