Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Am I being scammed by turbo toyotas? Recived refund 7/17

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Why not just get some kits out there rather than constantly improve on them
You always can be better never settle with what you have, plus it benefits the consumer.

how can it benefit the customer though when they order it and it takes weeks, or even months to get the product?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how can it benefit the customer though when they order it and it takes weeks, or even months to get the product?
good timing sir ;)

I currently have 6 turbo kits to make and ship before this transition.

afterwards.........

Production will be limited and build/ship times will be drastically reduced.

All orders though will be "built to order" but will come with guaranteed ship dates.(never over a month from order date....never and if so there is a penalty for us)

There is allot more to it, and when it's time I will make the announcement and give all the details. But what I am getting at is no more long wait times, and a better product that will be worth that short wait.

Regards-

Todd
Old 07-18-2008, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you just ask how better quality benefits the customer? would you be willing to wait another month for a kit if it kept running on your car another year?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kikcaffine

It benefits the customer by them getting a better kit. New versions iron out the wrinkles of the previous models. If you order a kit from TT you know damn well that you have to wait for it. He will even tell you that when you order. Good things come to those who wait.

If you dont want a higher quality kit you can order a Greddy. Guess what, they have back orders too and people patently wait from them.

Todd doesn't manufacture every component of his kits. He has to out source raw materials, hoses, and fittings. Is it his fault is his suppliers are out of stock? NO! There is not one unhappy person on here that is running his kit. If you choose not to get his kit you are more than welcome to build your own.

TT makes one of the best kits available for this car. Its hand made and take time to make properly.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NurSpec
Originally Posted by kikcaffine

It benefits the customer by them getting a better kit. New versions iron out the wrinkles of the previous models. If you order a kit from TT you know damn well that you have to wait for it. He will even tell you that when you order. Good things come to those who wait.

If you dont want a higher quality kit you can order a Greddy. Guess what, they have back orders too and people patently wait from them.

Todd doesn't manufacture every component of his kits. He has to out source raw materials, hoses, and fittings. Is it his fault is his suppliers are out of stock? NO! There is not one unhappy person on here that is running his kit. If you choose not to get his kit you are more than welcome to build your own.

TT makes one of the best kits available for this car. Its hand made and take time to make properly.

I agree 100% however the biggest thing that frustrated me is hearing mixed statements all the time. I have not once said he was every trying to scam me, I read peoples post after I placed my order (I didn't realize the issues) and most people have finally received there product. I just wanted him to be open and upfront about the delivery times and build times. My opinion after seeing the parts I have they are really high quality. The quality was never the issue, the issue was different statements that were made about product being shipped and it wasn't. Family is very important especially when kids are involved and I do realize this is a side job for Todd. The only thing I can say is I would hope he would hold off on new orders until he gets everyone there parts needed to complete their kits. And to start fresh and only take a couple of orders at a time to cut delivery times down and increase customer support.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Im looking forward for a better TT, and better business for todd and the costumers.. May this dark ages come to an end lol
Old 08-17-2008, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

There is not one unhappy person on here that is running his kit. If you choose not to get his kit you are more than welcome to build your own.

So, those people with the intercooler pipes that were basically touching the ground are all taken care of now? I remember there being a couple that had that problem.

Also, just to play devils advocate, all of the kits out there are "one of the best", as I have yet to see anyone particular kit that was Leaps and bounds over the rest coming out of TT's camp. Don't take that the wrong way by the way. Not saying the kit is bad or anything, just saying I have not seen any data yet to say it's one of the top best. Hell there is only like what 3 kits that are "off the shelf" right now anyway...lol.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

keep watching my thread travis, it shouldnt be much longer and ill have the rest of my stuff. my base line was 144.1hp and 151.6ftlb and im going to the exact same place for tune and more numbers. track times sometime afterward.

im really excited to see how well it does, btw the only extra "mod" ill be doing is adding a boost controller and ease boost to 10psi
Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
There is not one unhappy person on here that is running his kit. If you choose not to get his kit you are more than welcome to build your own.

So, those people with the intercooler pipes that were basically touching the ground are all taken care of now? I remember there being a couple that had that problem.

Also, just to play devils advocate, all of the kits out there are "one of the best", as I have yet to see anyone particular kit that was Leaps and bounds over the rest coming out of TT's camp. Don't take that the wrong way by the way. Not saying the kit is bad or anything, just saying I have not seen any data yet to say it's one of the top best. Hell there is only like what 3 kits that are "off the shelf" right now anyway...lol.
when i get a tt manifold i will flowtest it.

just for you travis.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^You don't have to go that far. I only ask for that stuff when people make open ended claims and no data to back it up.

The dyno numbers I have seen are on par with every other kit despite having the TT mani and big turbo. The performance basically the same. No where near the point that I would take a kit I spent money on, and sell it for a TT one. Which some people have done, which is absurd when the performance is the same.

This is jut my opinion and my observation. Not meaning to offend any TT owner or anyone who sold their kit to get a TT one. Lets just be real though, people sold their kits for the TT one cause they thought it was "prettier". Cause you can't say you sold it because it performed better, as there was no data and still no data because no one has realistic ship dates on when they will get "everything" in the mail. Maybe that will change when you get your stuff and people actually "DO" something with them.

Until then, that's my take on it. Just a take, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some people like the way it looks, and right now that's the only tubular manifold out.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
some people like the way it looks, and right now that's the only tubular manifold out.

There are others, they just are not as cheap. Full Race makes 2 Tubular EL manifolds for the tC. But they come in at over a Grand in price.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

really? i didn't even know that, who else?

i live right next to ful race i want to check that out
Old 08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i dont see flow charts its worse then a log thats your theory??? have you seen zpi flow charts? orhter flow charts???
Old 08-17-2008, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the update Crush.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

IBTL
Old 08-17-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
really? i didn't even know that, who else?

i live right next to ful race i want to check that out
please do. because they took them down off there website a long time ago. and as far as i know they only ever produced three. one t3 flange that went to kenny tran. and two t4 flanged. one going to horizon motorsports, and the other going to kenny strickler.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:21 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
IBTL
why would i lock this?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:23 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
if i dont see flow charts its worse then a log thats your theory??? have you seen zpi flow charts? orhter flow charts???
travis was saying i don't need to get flowcharts, he just doens't see enough dyno charts that put out enough power to warrent the "better kit" title that we give todd's kit.

i'm going to head to full race very soon to talk to them about it.

one of my classmates has a friend that works there so we're going to head over there one weekend or soemthing.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^You don't have to go that far. I only ask for that stuff when people make open ended claims and no data to back it up.
like if somebody said they can beat an m3 with there 13.5 second car that also traps slower?

The dyno numbers I have seen are on par with every other kit despite having the TT mani and big turbo. The performance basically the same.
the advantages of having a equal length manifold have been proven time after time. show me one time attack, or drag race team that is running a log manifold. the only reason a race team would keep a log manifold ever is if the sanctioning body that they race under mandates that they be left stock. if you honestly think that having more back pressure on a turbo car is a good thing, then you might want to pick another hobby.

Not meaning to offend any TT owner or anyone who sold their kit to get a TT one.
i dont know what to say to this statement as it makes no sense

Cause you can't say you sold it because it performed better, as there was no data and still no data
as stated before, there has been plenty of data out for a long time now about the advantages of an equal length manifold. just because you are ignorant to the facts, doesnt mean that everyone else is.

Quick Reply: Am I being scammed by turbo toyotas? Recived refund 7/17