Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Am I being scammed by turbo toyotas? Recived refund 7/17

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i watch m3s run awesome 14.5s all day here lol got to love a mile high sea level is for sissies lol
Old 08-18-2008, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
Originally Posted by coryjames
if i dont see flow charts its worse then a log thats your theory??? have you seen zpi flow charts? orhter flow charts???
travis was saying i don't need to get flowcharts, he just doens't see enough dyno charts that put out enough power to warrent the "better kit" title that we give todd's kit.

i'm going to head to full race very soon to talk to them about it.

one of my classmates has a friend that works there so we're going to head over there one weekend or soemthing.

Thanks aen for not taking any offense to what I was saying. My intentions were not trying to sling mud and you understood.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by aen
really? i didn't even know that, who else?

i live right next to ful race i want to check that out
please do. because they took them down off there website a long time ago. and as far as i know they only ever produced three. one t3 flange that went to kenny tran. and two t4 flanged. one going to horizon motorsports, and the other going to kenny strickler.

Maybe you should call Kenny Tran up and clue him in, so he can take them off their site.

http://yhst-43541471360993.stores.yahoo.net/scion.html
Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by aen

please do. because they took them down off there website a long time ago. and as far as i know they only ever produced three. one t3 flange that went to kenny tran. and two t4 flanged. one going to horizon motorsports, and the other going to kenny strickler.

Maybe you should call Kenny Tran up and clue him in, so he can take them off their site.

why would i do that when i can just call full-race directly and get my information straight from the horses mouth.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^You don't have to go that far. I only ask for that stuff when people make open ended claims and no data to back it up.
like if somebody said they can beat an m3 with there 13.5 second car that also traps slower?

2 years ago, different turbo, not even 13.5 try again.

The dyno numbers I have seen are on par with every other kit despite having the TT mani and big turbo. The performance basically the same.

the advantages of having a equal length manifold have been proven time after time. show me one time attack, or drag race team that is running a log manifold. the only reason a race team would keep a log manifold ever is if the sanctioning body that they race under mandates that they be left stock. if you honestly think that having more back pressure on a turbo car is a good thing, then you might want to pick another hobby. [/quote]

We are talking about normal people with everyday cars. Not race teams. So, far, no proof has come this way. Even your own car (which you are one of the ones to sell his kit for the TT), ran a slower time in the 1/4 mile with the TT kit.

Not meaning to offend any TT owner or anyone who sold their kit to get a TT one.
i dont know what to say to this statement as it makes no sense
Just a statement to say I mean no ill, as I know people like to twist things or misunderstand.

Cause you can't say you sold it because it performed better, as there was no data and still no data
as stated before, there has been plenty of data out for a long time now about the advantages of an equal length manifold. just because you are ignorant to the facts, doesnt mean that everyone else is.
Same as above answer. Street cars, no data, not worth the hassle to run the same time. Ignorant to the fact.....LOL. Give me the numbers within this community that proves me wrong and I will give you the hand clap. Be it Dyno, 1/4 mile, Time Attack, whatever...be my guess to go digging for it.

On race team setups as you have stated, sure I agree with you. But this kids in here aint doing **** but driving to the grocery store, or an occasional stop light run.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen

why would i do that when i can just call full-race directly and get my information straight from the horses mouth.
And have you done that?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:00 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's sunday, you guys need to relax. why so hostile? im about to lock this thread.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're right. its probably slower now. until you can post a faster time i doubt anyone will believe you.

Even your own car (which you are one of the ones to sell his kit for the TT), ran a slower time in the 1/4 mile with the TT kit.
it ran a 12.6. same as before, only with a 2.0 60', rather than a 1.8, and bouncing off the rev-limiter at the 1000' mark rather than just before the trap.

Give me the numbers within this community that proves me wrong and I will give you the hand clap. Be it Dyno, 1/4 mile, Time Attack, whatever...be my guess to go digging for it.
if you want i can show you the dyno where my zpi kit made 343whp at 18psi, and the one where my tt kit just made 330whp on 9psi on the exact same dyno.

On race team setups as you have stated, sure I agree with you. But this kids in here aint doing poop but driving to the grocery store, or an occasional stop light run.
i see more and more people here building real race cars, and not roll racing civic's for some youtube glory. the tc after market is growing pretty fast, and soon i think log manifolds will go the way of the do-do.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
it's sunday, you guys need to relax. why so hostile? im about to lock this thread.
nobody is being hostile. were both just expressing our opinions on the matter. i know my feelings arent getting hurt, and i doubt travis' are either. nither of us will loose any sleep over the others comments.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay, just making sure. you can discuss but it's already way off topic
Old 08-18-2008, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
since when has that mattered to you vegas boys. j/k
Old 08-18-2008, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
Since he was corrupted by 'the man'.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by aen
Since he was corrupted by 'the man'.
dont tell me you joined the darkside hieu?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't tell nobody. btu im a spy. dun dun dun.

jk, i have rules and regulations i have to follow. fine by me, i'm helping a community i love.

but yea, i just want to make it easier to get real information rather than bickering all the time, seeing as this thread is already pretty much dead i figured i'd let you and travis go at it and hten lock it when it dies.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The real community you love is the threadjacking community. YOU'RE A TRAITOR GTFO!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by aen
some people like the way it looks, and right now that's the only tubular manifold out.
There are others, they just are not as cheap. Full Race makes 2 Tubular EL manifolds for the tC. But they come in at over a Grand in price.
yup there's been several running tubular manifold here but some of them are custom, there's that sikky turbo kit, omifab, the and the ones mentioned above in kenny trans web site, jester's, complication's and some other.. i think in the long run tubular will be more common than the log..

as far as TT lacking data for support, travis is right on that but TT is ran only by todd and I dont think he sold a lot of kits and people post here for the numbers.. several of TT owners that got the kit didnt have a pro tune and some didnt get dynoed, many are still waiting so we'll see if more data will come soon.. few got decent numbers though, kydog dynoed more than 300 on the basik kit around 10 psi, brett, meaty got decent numbers too.. I just found a dyno place here in my area, ill try to get new numbers on mine
Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

might as well lock it this thread is done anyways
Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

you're right. its probably slower now. until you can post a faster time i doubt anyone will believe you.
Sure is, Ran like a 17sec run man. Dang, I can't win for loosing can I. When did you go to the track again?

Even your own car (which you are one of the ones to sell his kit for the TT), ran a slower time in the 1/4 mile with the TT kit.

it ran a 12.6. same as before, only with a 2.0 60', rather than a 1.8, and bouncing off the rev-limiter at the 1000' mark rather than just before the trap.
You ran a couple of tenths slower bro, or is your memory that bad. Oh, so now YOU got excuses. Its not acceptable if I go to the track and let people know the car is not tuned running 10.0 flat, or my tires were crappy, but yet it's ok for your excuse of not cutting a 1.8 and bouncing off the rev-limiter. An excuse is an excuse. You spent how much to run slower?

Give me the numbers within this community that proves me wrong and I will give you the hand clap. Be it Dyno, 1/4 mile, Time Attack, whatever...be my guess to go digging for it.
if you want i can show you the dyno where my zpi kit made 343whp at 18psi, and the one where my tt kit just made 330whp on 9psi on the exact same dyno.

Funning thing is, none of that changed your 1/4 mile time....lol.

On race team setups as you have stated, sure I agree with you. But this kids in here aint doing poop but driving to the grocery store, or an occasional stop light run.
i see more and more people here building real race cars, and not roll racing civic's for some youtube glory. the tc after market is growing pretty fast, and soon i think log manifolds will go the way of the do-do.
First off, the comment was directed in part to TT kit owners. But you took it and applied it to the whole community/aftermarket.

Secondly, what's your definition of a "real race car"? Provide examples excluding PTuning as they are a shop, and the comments are directed to individuals and what they are doing with TT's setup. Please educate me, and point me in the direction of a TT setup that is a "real race car" by our standards.

Not even phased by the civic comment, as I have an abundant wide range of videos on youtube and you only choose one aspect to talk about...nice shot, but kinda moot point.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen

Yeah, that's the pot calling the kettle black...

I have given up on all that is ScionLife to think that a thread is "On Topic"....lol.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys are mean. =(

Quick Reply: Am I being scammed by turbo toyotas? Recived refund 7/17