Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Am i being scammed by TurboToyotas? finally got items!,265hp

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Am i being scammed by TurboToyotas? finally got items!,265hp

I have a problem, I Purchased a ZPI stage 1 IC and piping upgrade from Todd at TurboToyotas the begining of April and he said it should be done just before april 15th (my Bday) so the time comes and goes and about a week and a half later I try to contact him several times to see whats up because i never recieved anything, i emailed him and called and tried to text him,, i finally get ahold of him and he says there powdercoater guy broke his powdercoating machine, ok not his fault,, so I dont mind it I wait a couple more weeks then he says they are done and then a week and a half or so later he says there was a problem with the powdercoating so it has to be redone AGAIN, not his fault again but kinda getting frustrated because whenever i contact him or try to i never get a hold of him or he never returns my emails or phone calls.
So after he says the pipes need to redone i hear nothing from him and then he says he is shipping them,,, texts me, then the next day June 1 he emails me asking "Remind me again please what bov flange you wanted." if he had everything completed why would he need to know what BOV flange I needed unless he didnt even do my order.
Now im kinda ____ed because ive tried to call,text, email him EVERY day for just about the last 3 weeks asking simply, "when am i going to get my intercooler and piping"
Over 2 months and no intercooler/piping and i already paid for it, im very mad now, if there was something wrong then he should have contacted me and said what was going on.
Am i being scammed?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .

Oh and I wasnt worried at first because I knew TurboToyotas has a great rep here but after 2 months and trying to contact him over and over and over again and nothing now im very worried
Old 06-08-2008, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like the 2nd coming of zpi. duhnn duhnn duhnn
Old 06-08-2008, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .

Thats what I'm thinking, hoping its not true though.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:26 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I wouldn't go that far just yet. This is the first complaint I have heard about TT. I hope you get everything worked out man... I know how frustrating stuff like this can be! By the way, are you still in the Army?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .

Yeah im stationed here at Fort Lewis, yeah the 1st complaint,, i didnt want it to be by me
Old 06-08-2008, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you'll get it. only thing is it'll take you a WHILE to get it. i've been waiting 3 month for my kit

and you arent the first complaint
Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I am at Fort Huachuca, AZ at the moment, in route to Ft. Hood. Good luck with everything hopefully it all gets worked out soon.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

well all i can tell you is there has been people who have ordered things from Todd and the longest i have heard of someone waiting on parts is 6 months......keep in mind this particular case is the only one that i know of. However so far Todd has never scammed anyone that i am aware of. I honestly believe that Todd has way too much on his plate and is bogged down with orders. Im not defending him mind you but he has a regular job, helps people out on this site and makes a big contribution to this site, and he is a pretty much a one man band(from what i hear he has just a couple of people that work for him part time), not to mention he has other projects that he works on. Most of this he told me over the phone BEFORE i ordered his simple kit so im cool with the wait. He may have gotten your order confused with someone els's and misinformed you on your status. I also think Todd needs to limit the amount of orders he takes or hire more full-time employees. Try to pm him and he usually will respond in a day or two, also include your order # just to be sure there is no confusion.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .

Well if he has t much on his plate he should have SAID something, ANYTHING but i tried contacting him over and over and nothing,,, but now,, like 15 minutes after posting this, "out of the blue" I got a Text from him saying its boxed up and ready to ship on Monday, so we will see how it turns out.
Im not saying that his company is horrible or anything,, he makes great stuff,, but his communication with customers needs to be improved.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have to agree with you on that, I suggest he give every one that is waiting a weekly update on whats going on with there stuff. Im not trying to run his company, its just an idea that my keep these kind of threads from everhappening.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
HaYu Racing
SL Member

same story here i bought a turbo kit from a friend of mine here in AZ. My friends TT kit was the first TT kit ever made for a scion tc. i bought it about 5-6 months ago from my friend, and he ordered me a new pipe for my intercooler because the one on his car was damage from his car being to low. So i knew todd was a good person(from what i hear on SL) so i never mind asking him for the pipes yet because i was still saving up money for install and tune. but 4 months ago i messaged todd and he said he had my pipes ready and i should pick them up whenever i want. So i messaged todd again 2 months ago and he said i can meet him up half way to pick up my last pipe so when i responded he never responded back after that.

I know he maybe busy maybe because of his orders but i just want my last 2 pipes for my car. im even willing to drive down to where he is at to pick it up. But im sure todd isnt scamming anyone here on SL, he has great rep here on SL. So todd if you see this can you please message me.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:55 AM
SL Member

Being busy does not justify lying, making up stories, providing the customer with false information, or poor communication. That is just bad business.

Defend whomever for whatever reason, but the fact is that if you are running a business and you want to call it a business ... act like it is a business.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ I could not have said it any better
Old 06-08-2008, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey just to clear things Up.. I've built my tc up and waited for his products patiently. It was worth it.. it's over whelming working on fifty freaking projects and trying to get them out on a timely fashion. You all keep on complaining that you can't get your **** and stuff and blah blah blah.. Something good is going to be gone with all this complaining. How Many of these do you really think he is doing? And do deal with mass producing then from scratch. You go and be in his position... HE's done a great deal for you and you just want to be ungreatful, it ____es me off..
Old 06-08-2008, 03:14 AM
SL Member

Not being ungrateful at all. Business is business. If someone lies to me about what the status is of an order I get ____ed off, just the same as I know if I lied to one of my customers about a set of photos and they knew ... I would likely lose that client and receive a terrible testimonial. Regardless of how helpful I was, or how AMAZING the photos are.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

TT = ZPI

These type of posts should NEVER have to be made about a company
Old 06-08-2008, 04:05 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have never purchased from TT, btu I will chime in on the business side.

To the people saying the OP shouldnt complain, I dont understand. Yes TT has a ton going on, but that is not the consumers fault. If he cant get it done by april 15th, WHY SAY HE CAN?
If people that dont work for him realize he is busy (all his supporters in this and other threads), WHY CANT HE REALIZE HE IS BUSY, and tell them it will be 2 months instead of two weeks?

Lieing is lieing no mater how you look at it. I am sure the people buying his parts wouldnt mind waiting for his quality, but when someone spends Hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, they want the product when they are told. They arent even asking for a timely manner. If its going to be a year before he can get to it, tell them that and let them decide if they want to wait a year.

Dont tell them 2 weeks, take their money, then decide on your own its ok to make them wait a year just because you have taken on more work than you can handle.

Simple business, deliver what you promise, dont make excuses. And if excuses come up, back them up, refund them, or give them some updates.

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST THREAD ADRESSING THIS ISSUE. So obviouslt TT knows he has a problem, yet continues to sell parts and not delivery in the time he says.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seing these posts makes me cringe dont call out people on the forums he is a busy man end of story
Old 06-08-2008, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wtf? People pay for their products and the only complaint I saw was that he didn't respond after 3 months? That's rather odd and terrible customer service, I don't care how busy you are.

Should hire another person if your business is too overhwhelming. I don't get why people are flaming on a customer who isn't getting customer service...

Quick Reply: Am i being scammed by TurboToyotas? finally got items!,265hp