Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Am i being scammed by TurboToyotas? finally got items!,265hp

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You speak with him every other week because HE HAS YOUR CAR.

I would want open communication with whomever I get the turbo kit from just in case I need help with anything. If I can't reach someone I could get very agitated and anxious.

I think Todd's products look great - I just want to see how this is handled.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

man, todds slippin lately. A lot of upset people over in the xA/xB f/i forums as well
Im sure he will rectify the situation though....
Old 06-08-2008, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
man...I may as well have his nuts in my shirt pocket for how much of a hugger that post made me sound like, huh?
lollll i was thinking the same thing.

But, seriously I wasn't trying to bash on him earlier, but you know communication is a huge part of being in business and I was just making that point. I hope this guys problem gets resolved.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i went with dezod and i annoyed the living crap outta paul im sure lol. i dont get why ppl are waiting months for kits and stuff from TT. i waited 3 weeks for paul to send mine out and i custom ordered some things including coating and such. paul responded to everything i messaged within 24 hours and was always avail. on the phone.

No disrespect to anyone or Todd because i love what he has done, just dont like hearing things likehis.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:20 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dezod has access to a bunch of places to get stuff done/they do stuff in their place.

todd has to outsource...he's bassically like one of us that know people who weld and coat stuff

hence the unprofessional way of talking to us sometimes; which i don't mind. it's actually really refreshing that he doesn't talk to us as just the customers.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

I think that for the pricing and quality of product we get a pretty good deal! Obviously when you first order something from Todd and you dont know his situation you expect it in a timely fashion.... then you call him and get his cell phone.... well it doesnt take a genius to know that he is doing ALOT BY HIMSELF!! but at the sametime he does get people high quailty products that are unsurpassed for the tC..... no scam here just a business trying to take off, grass roots stuff with a larger demand than can be handled currently.....give him time and you will be smiling alot of us have experienced this before
Old 06-08-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dezod had to send my stuff out just as todd does.. waiting 3 weeks actually took extra time than usual.. the Jethot place they use was backed up
Old 06-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Dezod has many full time employees and had been around for a little bit now!....... Todd is the perverbial "one man band," and comparisons like this should be done before choosing which company to purchase from!.... obviously something specific attracted him to TT
Old 06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
Originally Posted by crush02342002
hey Todd if you are thinking of expanding I could use a second job(to pay for gas...lol)
x2 TT TX branch?
I was thinking more of a TT Midwest version :D

I will be taking a lot of welding classes Todd! And I am a ASE Certified Master technician, so I can do in house installs too, as well as driving out to help people. I also want to train through AEM so I can be a tuner here in the midwest. My goals are to be what Todd is and grow into what dezod is, this goal is a ways down the road, but I am hoping to get there... (wow, I was not trying to be all braggadocious lol) just an offer Todd

back on topic, I think that this is just a huge misunderstanding, and a lack of communication. Todd promised you the 2 weeks thinking the coaters were going to handle their shiz, well the coaters equipment broke. Then after it is fixed, the coaters screw up. So a larger time delay. I understand why it is taking forever, but I do agree in the fact that you should have been notified about it. What he needs to do is to tell everyone that there is somewhat of a waiting period (say 3 months) then make A LOT of manifolds, downpipes, etc. to catch himself up, so he can actually hit the 2 week delivery mark. But I am not Todd, nor do I run his business. Hopefully everything gets squared away and you get everything you need and then some...
Old 06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well well well.... Army Your post looks 100% just like mine did. Except I got bashed by everyone on the boards til i went away todd had finally came on here made me sound like a bad dude and said that my shyt was in the mail.... (on the forums he said that) well a month went by i knew then that it doesn't take a month for shyt to ship. So i then got back to trying to get ahold of him and thats when he stated the say thing about coaters being broke. Well then i said " send my shyt un-coated" And then again No response.... so i made another thread were Todd then goes to say again so people will see him post that my stuff was in the mail. I then asked him to send me tracking number which he wouldn't do. Then i had a nice little PM from todd asking me to delete the thread and he will send my pipes hmmmmm. sounds childish to me don't you think. well then i go to say i'm not doing shyt for you until i get my parts i paid for in Fed.14,2008 and now the date was May.20,2008 Long story short he finally sent me BARE pipes no coating on them and no couplers what so ever. SO the moral to this is If todd can't dish out parts that he's selling then he needs to update his site and put on (backorder) And stop taking peoples money and making them wait 6 months with no response about parts they bought! I understand as everyone else does that he's hella busy but if thats the case don't take our money and let another company serve us better. So to your question are you being Scammed? Well you'll get your parts some time, so no not in that aspect but about kit order being put together when he said it was YES he is Scamming everyone that he takes money from without telling them its on a 4-7month BACKorder. And for people that say they've been building there cars along time and the wait is worth it... Well i'm sure i've been building my car for either longer or as long as you. And the headache isn't worth it. Other shyt goes wrong when you do such a build you don't wanna have to deal with shipping shyt like todd offers. Thats the reason people pay shops like him to do it and it really isn't fair for those doing all out builds.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:45 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
Dezod has many full time employees and had been around for a little bit now!....... Todd is the perverbial "one man band," and comparisons like this should be done before choosing which company to purchase from!.... obviously something specific attracted him to TT
seriously. todd is a good guy.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:46 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

though i do agree that he should update his site to say backorder and let people know that theres a long waiting list.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

great guy
Old 06-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Foe

I dont see how you guys are having such a hard time getting ahold of Todd. Ill call or e-mail him and sometimes hes available to talk, and sometimes it takes a day or two. I went into purchasing my kit knowing he was swamped because he made sure that i was aware of it. Im also in the metal fab trade and i must assure you that this is no joke! there is alot of work involved in these kits, more then many can even begin to realize (NOT DIRECTED TO ANYONE).

So long story short......No bro your not being scammed. Like the others above have said, Hes a stand up guy, he admits his flaws, and knows what he has to work on to exel his buisness. There is a learning curve when you start your own Co. He'll be around it soon!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:04 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i seriously dread the day that todd gives this whole thing up because of the people who complain to him.

like my friend doug.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: Am i being scammed by TurboToyotas?

Originally Posted by army11b
then the next day June 1 he emails me asking "Remind me again please what bov flange you wanted." if he had everything completed why would he need to know what BOV flange I needed unless he didnt even do my order.
Todd had about 30 sets of pipes at the powder coaters. he probably was just clarifying which one you needed. todd doesn't do one order at a time. Scion life is about 30% of todds overall business. He's just taking on a ton of work lately and is a bit under staffed. just give it time. good things come to those who wait.

I can assure you todd is doing his best to please everyone.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
You speak with him every other week because HE HAS YOUR CAR.
He's only had my car the last month...I've been speaking with him every other week or so for over a year now.

SoFlo...I got my order from Todd almost a year ago, but it took about a month. I dont' think that's to long to wait for the quality of stuff and his size of business. If dezod can do 3 weeks when they have loads of parts sitting on the shelf, then 4 weeks for a custom TT order aint bad in my book.

OH, and mikescion...in your post you said you orderd on Feb 14 and got yoru stuff May 20, but then you said he's making people wait 6 months with no response? Um, that's 1 month, and you have to realize that yours, as well as the OP, were getting ZPI replacement manis. Why would Todd even make this kit?

Yeah, he's gonna make SOME money off of it, but not much...he did it to help the scion community! He knew about the shoddy ZPI stuff, cracking manis and lack of IC kits for the Stage 0, so HE stepped up where no other company would and offered something that otherwise would require complete custom work. How much and how long do you think THAT would take?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Long story short I put too much on my plate over a short period of time.

I should have never offered any of the Greddy/Dezod/ ZPI replacement manifolds or intercooler upgrades and have concentrated more on my own product.

We learn as we go. Its been a battle and a roller coaster ride and I learn something new everyday.

But I AM NOT HERE TO SCAM OR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANYONE....

yes things have taken longer than I wanted them too. School is over and I have my guys working 8-10 hours days to play catch up an get stuff on the shelf.

I myself work 16 + hours a day and then try and spend some time with my family. Its tough but you have to do what it takes to be successful in the end.

You will see some good things here shortly out of Why Industries.

The products are getting better....

but the trade off will be that the line-up of parts is going to get smaller.

Regards-

Todd
Old 06-08-2008, 10:06 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
OH, and mikescion...in your post you said you orderd on Feb 14 and got yoru stuff May 20, but then you said he's making people wait 6 months with no response? Um, that's 1 month, and you have to realize that yours, as well as the OP, were getting ZPI replacement manis. Why would Todd even make this kit?
umm..if my Math is correct Feb 14- May 20 is 3 months and 6 days....

Not 1 month...
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, Dezod deffinatley has a better response time then TT, no doubt about it.
I WOULD say, but how much does that matter after you get your kit? How much will you be dealing with them afterwards? But that woudl be pointless because I got my kit from Todd about a year ago and I speak with him about every other week!

Of course Dezod has better response time, they have a true shop and full time employees that are there answering the phone 5 days a week.

Its a goal of mine and it will happen......

Its just the fact that I cant stop working yet.....Yes I still work a regular full time job then do Why Industries at night and just about all weekend every weekend ( except when I am working on the honey-do list )

Every $$$ that I do make goes back into the business, I personally make no money.

Granted........I have allot to work on. I am not here making exuses why things take allot longet than some.

Just trying to paint the picture on why they do.

My welders are all full time engineering students at ASU, things are good now, but during the year its tough....you have tests and finals. There education will not suffer because of my business. Plus there isn't anyone better that can do my stuff. Now its tough but in the end it will all work out and everyone will benefit from it.

I am the only company personally funded from day one and will stay that way. No investors no partners...nothing.. all out of my own pocket.

Once I get though this current hurdle (which I am about 20 orders away from) things will be good. Timely delivery time, having product on the shelf. And with that will come better communication from me as I will have more time to spend talking and emailing and IM'ing as I will not have to spend more time on production.

man, todds slippin lately. A lot of upset people over in the xA/xB f/i forums as well
Im sure he will rectify the situation though....
Thats a hole nother situation that was I had no control over what so ever. And at this point I feel that I have gotten the raw end of that deal. But I cant fix it so therefore it doesn't really matter.

todd has to outsource...he's bassically like one of us that know people who weld and coat stuff
All the manufacturing(welding, prep etc) is done in house, has been since I left pb in september of last year.

The only things that are outsourced are the ceramic coatings, polishing, anodizing and powdercoating. Machined goods are done by a fellow manufacturer.

Regards-

Todd

PS-

all the ZPI ic kits are shipping tomorrow. There is only 8 of them....and that is it.

No more ZPI /Greddy/Dezod upgrade or replacement anything.,..just my own stuff from now on. Consider it a lesson learned.

Quick Reply: Am i being scammed by TurboToyotas? finally got items!,265hp