Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another one bites the dust!!! Supercharger that is.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jjos1
This dealership that had to replace 4 s/c's so far is it the same guy installing all of them ? If so I think the guy is not installing them correctly.
Nick the sound that is coming from yours sounds like the pulley side bearings and the shaft is vibrating through the whole unit. Also the shaft bearings will rattle a little bit until warm. As far as the Vortech blower unit it is very well made, most of the problems I have seen are with the pulley side bearings.
It almost seems that if you want your s/c installed right you have to do it your self becuase half of the Toyota techs either don't know or care.
I thought possibly it was installer related as well. But mine have all been installed at different places. So its not stuck on one person.

It does sound pulley side,last time it was blower side. The crazy thing is, I am on a stock pulley and my boost gauge read over 9psi today. Been awhile since I looked at the guage, so Iwas curious today. And I know its not the guage, because when I did have a pulley on the old chager, it read to 9.5, just like the dyno said.

9am tomorrow I go in.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by djpaper
Welp, the dealership said I need another blower. This makes #3. First blew bearings, the one I have currently is leaking oil. Now it comes down to, do I take it off and go back N/A. Deal with another blower and see how long this new one lasts? Sell the car and call it a wash?

BAH!
Dang. Are they covering it?
Let me know if you go back to n/a. I want to know if they help you out. We will need a new ECUto go back to stock,
Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Originally Posted by djpaper
Welp, the dealership said I need another blower. This makes #3. First blew bearings, the one I have currently is leaking oil. Now it comes down to, do I take it off and go back N/A. Deal with another blower and see how long this new one lasts? Sell the car and call it a wash?

BAH!
Dang. Are they covering it?
Let me know if you go back to n/a. I want to know if they help you out. We will need a new ECUto go back to stock,
Welp TRD wants to have my car for a week to look it over.

She goes in Monday.

They can have fun as all my mods dont come close to affecting the S/C warranty.
So at this point, after talking with my CSR at the dealership, its 50/50. I am on my way to carmax right now to see what they will give me for my car.

It is likely the tC may go to another home if the price is right.