Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another one - Turbonetics. update 6-5-06

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your going to go through the trouble of a dyno tune, I would recommend changing to a larger walbro or supra fuel pump before you go. You wouldn't want to do it later and then have to change your tune. I would think you'd be safe at 12PSI with a good tune and proper fueling.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcengel
If your going to go through the trouble of a dyno tune, I would recommend changing to a larger walbro or supra fuel pump before you go. You wouldn't want to do it later and then have to change your tune. I would think you'd be safe at 12PSI with a good tune and proper fueling.
Good recommendation but I've already gone over my buget for now. I think I'm going to set the boost to 10psi witha manual boost controller just before the tune. Think that would be safe? I need to get another year(10,000 miles) before I start on the clutch/flywheel.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your not going to make it another year on the clutch. Your best bet would be to actually turn the boost down a bit to like 7PSI and tune it really well. If you up the boost, it will only speed up the death of your clutch.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your not going to make it another year on the clutch. Your best bet would be to actually turn the boost down a bit to like 7PSI and tune it really well. If you up the boost, it will only speed up the death of your clutch.
Power = pure addiction.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller
I need to get another year(10,000 miles) before I start on the clutch/flywheel.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
I need to get another year(10,000 miles) before I start on the clutch/flywheel.
Ahh I love the smell off burnt clutch in the morning. lol. I could pulloff a new clutch but I wonder if the engine will handle the 10psi.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Good recommendation but I've already gone over my buget for now. I think I'm going to set the boost to 10psi witha manual boost controller just before the tune. Think that would be safe? I need to get another year(10,000 miles) before I start on the clutch/flywheel.

You might find yourself getting the clutch/flywheel done before 10k miles.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The engine itself should handle 10 PSI. AS long as the tune is solid. Your clutch, now thats a different story...
Old 05-24-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
The engine itself should handle 10 PSI. AS long as the tune is solid. Your clutch, now thats a different story...
You got that right
Old 05-25-2006, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
You got that right
Old 05-25-2006, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man, congrats on the kit! Car definitely looks hot. I know according to my sig it says i'm a Kalamazoo, MI, but I'm home for the summer back in Glenview, IL. We'll have to meet up sometime cause I'd definitely love to get a ride in a boosted tC. I'll keep in touch man! Good luck!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rlazer5000
Hey man, congrats on the kit! Car definitely looks hot. I know according to my sig it says i'm a Kalamazoo, MI, but I'm home for the summer back in Glenview, IL. We'll have to meet up sometime cause I'd definitely love to get a ride in a boosted tC. I'll keep in touch man! Good luck!
No problem.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you get it dynoed and tuned yet? I might have to drive up to omaha, NE to go get it tuned.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DTRUONG_112
did you get it dynoed and tuned yet? I might have to drive up to omaha, NE to go get it tuned.
Im going to set it to 10psi with a manual boost controller and get it tuned on Wednesday. Because I'm upping the boost a little the results may not be as valuable to you. I'll try to get a before dyno at the stock psi. If I get any spiking from the controller I'm just going to tune it to the out of box boost level.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please get a dyno at the stock 8psi.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what r they normally on stock boost
Old 06-01-2006, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a spr manual boost controller for when I get tuned on next Wednesday. Its a ball and sping mbc with a bleed hole as well. I set it at 8.5 psi to step up the boost a bit. Since it stops the signal to the wastegate untill boost starts to build it spools the turbo a litttle faster. Faster = better.

Cant' wait to get tuned at 10psi. I'm thinking at least 270whp with my s-pipe and axel back.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a spr manual boost controller for when I get tuned on next Wednesday. Its a ball and sping mbc with a bleed hole as well. I set it at 8.5 psi to step up the boost a bit. Since it stops the signal to the wastegate untill boost starts to build it spools the turbo a litttle faster. Faster = better.

Cant' wait to get tuned at 10psi. I'm thinking at least 270whp with my s-pipe and axel back.
I'm thinking higher then that with tuning...
Old 06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

12psi?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

12psi?
No I mean higher then 270 WHP at 10 PSI. You'll be surpsrised how conservative the base tune is. You could probably get away with running 10 PSI with no adjustment its that rich. I'm not saying you should though. Any change in the pressure ratio should be tuned for. But I think you will see some excellent gains with tuning alone add on another 2 PSI and tune for that and you should have a VERY fast car. GRD is VERY experienced at tuning the Unichip too and have made some great numbers on Unichip equipped 350Zs.

Quick Reply: Another one - Turbonetics. update 6-5-06