Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another problem... This time Tranny related.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Our trannys are supposed to be good for 500+whp stock. Justin is 600+ and hasnt reported a tranny issue. Now ptuning has 500whp and has had issues but they are tracking there car. my car hasnt seen the track. ive never powershifted or double clutched or anything.. just simple pulls and shifting.. never grinded a gear either.

Where did you get that rating??? Our trannys are supposed to be good for a decent overhead over the 140 whp we have stock.. since that is what they were designed for. You are basically saying that someone else running 600whp means the tranny was designed to handle it.. thus if yours fails it is the designs fault... makes no sense. When you push a car way past its design limits.. something is going to break. Maybe I misread that, but it just seems you are getting down on your cars quality, which is obviously not the fact in this case

And there are tons of people who have been boosted (And built properly) for years with little to no issue. You have a combination of exceeding the design limits and needing to build the car properly.

Last edited by engifineer; 12-08-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

And I agree you should pull the shaft first and see if that is where your leak is coming from. Simple stuff first!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

needing to build the car properly? lol what are u talking about.. and for all the other people built properly that have had no problems, there not pushing 425+ whp with no LSD... and our trannys are supposed to be GOOD for that amount of power, as several companys have stated. we will see what the problem was when we take it out.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
And I agree you should pull the shaft first and see if that is where your leak is coming from. Simple stuff first!
i saw a leak coming from the axle seal going into the block.. damaged? not that i could see but it was still leaking.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My point is that you are hearing our trannys are good for x amount of power from people that did not design the vehicle. They are basing that off of what others have done, not what the tranny is truly designed for. So the tranny is not "supposed" to be able to handle anything over what it was initially designed for.

And if the power you put down truly caused the tranny to fail, then yes, it needs to be properly built for that amount of power. It is not the cars fault, it was simply subjected to more than it was intended for. I was not trying to bash you by that. I was just stating the obvious.

Was the car built to way more power than they engineered it for? Yes
Did something break? Yes (possibly anyways)
Thne proper design is to now build up that part of the vehicle.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i thought u were trying to say i built my vehicle poorly lol.. i mean obv there is lots of room for improvement in the suspension and what not but jeezzzzz dont bash me
Old 12-09-2009, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

naw.. not bashing