Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

another reason not to use e-manage

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Took literally an hour and half to change my manifold, using a lift though. And also I remember Mallonyx (Sp?), who's a really knowledgeable member on here, said that the plastic manifold was tested good til like 55 psi or something like that so I think you're ok lol.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
my shop tested them. i think by pulling the efi fuse, the the coilpack w/plug, holding them close to the valve cover, turning the motor, and checking for an arc.
What's the name of this place, so I can make sure I never go there.

like i said. i think thats how they did it. i wasnt there when it happened. how should they be tested?
With proper ignition testing equipment. I can't remember the name of the things, we used them back at my school...it's just a computer with software on it that has an amp pickup and a cap that goes ontop of the coil. And depening on the results, it can tell you whats wrong with it, ranging between bad wires(yes I know we don't have wires), spark plug gap, coils...makes life easy. Doing the Arc test can easily destroy the ECU if it arcs to a connector instead of the block...I'm sure they didn't do that for the test, but there are a lot of mechanics out there who need to become technicians.
good info to know. thanks
A real easy, safe test is to just pull the coil off and pull the boot out, then at the end where a spark plug normally goes put a spark plug tester in, then connect the other end of the tester to a good ground (i.e. manifold bolt or something) if the coil can ignite the tester, then it is good. Also, if you have a scan tool and get a code, lets say a P0303 (misfire on cylinder 3), swap that coil with one of the others and see if the misfire follows that coil... if so, replace it! :D

And Brett I agree, it is kind of weird how this seems to only happen with the emanage blue, I know matt and java09 (forgot his name) have experienced that loud bang before... let us know how install goes... oh and p.s. could you possibly take the motor mount loose and rock the motor back and forth then pull the e-brake up to give you more clearance when the motor is forward... hmmmm