Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another Treadstone kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

havent heard the word "treadstone" in these threads in a while! haha

it was just harry potter..

"we dont say his name..."

nice f-ing kit mang!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice kitttt

car is so cleannn im jealous. my paint is starting to look faded. not the same blue anymore
Old 03-28-2008, 04:03 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Hmm amazing set-up

Now GET RID OF THAT ANTENNA!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...I don't remember ever posting in this thread...
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
SL Member

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...n+Tc+Turbo+kit
Old 03-28-2008, 03:30 PM
SL Member

I have been running this kit for a year now. Whats funny is everytime they sell one of these kits they must go through the same line of questioning on the phone. My first problem was no gasket. So I called and of course I ended up using the high temp silicone. Next was the fan issue. Nothing a little dremel modification and radiator bracket adjusting couldnt fix. My biggest problem was the fitting in the block and the t-fitting right off that. Mine too would not fit. Amazingly way back in July they were giving the same f'ing answer. I believe I did talk to Jason, and low and behold he said and quote "well it should".......and like others, what DO YOU say now. Well after being ____ed off I remarked well it doesnt so what are you going to do about it. Luckily before I actually started to argue my dad (whos a mechanic) got it in. My next problem was the oil pressure sending unit kept blowing. After three I removed it and plugged the hole. Treadstone of course had no comment on why it would do that. After 2 days the plug was leaking, so I had to remove the t-fitting and put a 90 degree on there. Also the piping vibrated on my strut bar, so I had to raise the strut with some washers and secure it. I cant think of anything else, but hey my engine is still runnning great and my turbo has not blown. So besides some little problems (i guess) the kit isnt all that bad. BUT POOR customer service from Treadstone........not sciontcperformance
Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killer08tc
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=238&cat_key=145&prodname=Treadstone+Scion+Tc+Turbo+kit
LOL! I like how i'm quoted on the page! Its a good kit, but yes, Jason's bed side manner could use some improvement.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:24 AM
SL Member

Default Re: Another Treadstone kit

5. Same thing on the AC line as everyone else, its pretty close. I just used to heat wrap for now, but will end up having it cut and re-welded over a bit.

I just got the ssame kit and have the same problems

T fitting worked ok though

i am really getting mad every day a new problem

how did you run you vac. lines
Old 04-12-2008, 03:08 AM
SL Member

k so i need help my car dose not run that good at stops and on the high way its good

then i get a check E. Light

and there is a squecking not sure what to do
Old 04-12-2008, 12:46 PM
SL Member

Can you be a little more specific? Sounds like a vac leak but i am not sure about the squeaking noise.....
Old 04-13-2008, 01:34 AM
SL Member

help me ^^^^^^^^
Old 04-13-2008, 02:31 AM
SL Member

I would take the car to autozone(free there) or somewhere you can get the cel read. That should give you an idea of what is going on. Do you have an air/fuel gauge? what are the readings? Are you sure you hooked up the vac lines properly? You can also have problems if the bov, i assume its the greddy that came with the kit, is not on a hard enough setting(the nut on the top) which i had trouble with at the start. the more specific you are the more i can try and help.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:32 AM
SL Member

k i got a scanner and it has missfires all the time and it showed a bad shif oops my bad lol

and how did you hook up your lines keep in mind i got the hks bov in mine and i have an 08 if that makes and dif

my the inside nipple gose to the turbo where i drilled and tapped a hole and the bov goes to a vac line
Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 AM
SL Member

The treadstone kit was designed for the 05 TC the MAF and ecu was changed for both the '07 and '08. I have not heard of anyone in an '08 running this kit, if someone is please chime in and maybe lend a hand. As for the misfires i am sure i don't have to say that is really bad and in the 6 to 9 months mine has been on i have never had one. Not sure where your vac hoses are running maybe a pic would help. Mine is tapped on the vac line that is in the back close to the firewall, it goes to a vac block and splits from there to the bov, wastegate and gauge. With the new information of the misfires i would look into getting some management and a good shop/tuner
Old 04-14-2008, 12:34 PM
SL Member

ya thats what i was thing to but thought i would try

did you unplug the block that the vac line runs to that you are using because there is a secound tc running around my area and he unpluged his he said its for emitions but not sure if he is right i will take some pics for ya
Old 04-14-2008, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you running 1 or 2 step colder plugs? They help alot.

and on a side note, I was getting cylinder misfire codes (4 of them) and they went away after a retune. They could be really seriouse, or they could be due to fouled plugs.

I immagine you are not running any sort of fuel or engine management, right?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 PM
SL Member

ya i have two steps colder and no management did not have money and i was told that i would not have to but look at what i do have to deal with
Old 04-15-2008, 02:51 AM
SL Member

You will need to get engine managment. I have problems with it dying out if I do not down shift. Latly it was running real bad....well I found out I fouled out my spark plugs from running so rich. BTW I would like to know if anyone is running the kit w/o EM and does not have CEL on. Cause I am running rich w/o the managment so my CEL is always on from Bank 1 running rich. Other than that no other codes. I am getting greddy e-manage for summer, but I have a list of ridiculous money pits that I am still waiting on UPS for.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should get the AEM F/IC instead of the Greddy Emanage.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:31 AM
SL Member

k but why do i need it treadstone said i did not need it

there is a vac line off the T B that runs to a box that i have seen unplugged what is this box for and has anyone heard of doing this

Quick Reply: Another Treadstone kit