Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another Turbo Installed :D PICS!!! 56k, suck my....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Another Turbo Installed :D PICS!!! 56k, suck my....

Hey Guys and Gals,

So this past week, I finally got my Treadstone turbo kit installed. I want to thank Robby, my installer, and his crew for all their hard work. I'm happy with the end result. I'm currently boosting at 6 PSI. At idle my AFR's are 14.5-15. At WOT, they are pig rich running in the 10-11 range. The maker of the kit says this set up is designed to run without management, but after playing with it for a few days, I am going to get some sort of management this week. Still not sure what route I want to go. All in all, I LOVE the power and am happy with the result. Here are some pics. THanks to everyone who helped me with my turbo quest. I'm now part of the Turbo family

Old 03-04-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

congrats man....finally you got that bad boy installed! yeah, i bet you had the biggest grin the first time you drove the new turbo system....lol....happy boostin'!!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by malibuboy54
congrats man....finally you got that bad boy installed! yeah, i bet you had the biggest grin the first time you drove the new turbo system....lol....happy boostin'!!!!
Hell yes!! We should have a SoCal turbo meet up one of these weekends. I still NEED to see that ZPI Kit upclose and personel. :D

Jared
Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

nice to see another auto tc got boosted. But becareful with cops in cali
Old 03-05-2007, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What kind of numbers are we expecting with the Treadstone Turbokit for the Auto?
Any tranny issues?
Have any video footages yet?

You say you're not running a management system...how did they go about around that?
You say you're going to be getting a management system...anything in particular that you have in mind?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what in the world is that fabric leading into your throttle body? why do you have your couplers wrapped in fabric
Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Interesting gauge placement. Can you describe the wraps on the charge pipe? Is the pipe to tall that you are using wrap so it doesn't vibrate against the car? If so, you could cut the piping (on the TB side) to drop it down so you wouldn't be hitting the windsheild wiper housing, as well as giving you the ability to run a strut bar if you should happen to get one.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Interesting gauge placement. Can you describe the wraps on the charge pipe? Is the pipe to tall that you are using wrap so it doesn't vibrate against the car? If so, you could cut the piping (on the TB side) to drop it down so you wouldn't be hitting the windsheild wiper housing, as well as giving you the ability to run a strut bar if you should happen to get one.
In regards to the gauge placements, I know, I didn't want the standard Pillar Pod or center dash concel. Thieves and PoPo's here in LA. Also, that fabric is heat wrap. And yes, I had to wrap the pipe that goes into the throttle body because it was hitting the car. The installer did it as a temporary fix and is going to fix it so it isn't rigged the way it is. I am going to get some better heat wrap this week. Other people with this kit didn't experience the fitment issues like I encountered, kinda sucks, but hey.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by David616
What kind of numbers are we expecting with the Treadstone Turbokit for the Auto?
Any tranny issues?
Have any video footages yet?

You say you're not running a management system...how did they go about around that?
You say you're going to be getting a management system...anything in particular that you have in mind?
Well when I get it dyno'd, i'd be very happy with 215-220whp @ 5-6 psi. No tranny issues thus far, sorry no vids yet. I'll get some once I have a good tune done.
THe reasoning behind not needing management with this kit is the maf flange. its designed to read MAF readings that the stock ecu can accomadte for. As for management and which to use, i'm looking at the emanage basic and/or ulitmate or the unichip. I'm still not sure how much I want to spend. But it def could use some since it's running 470cc injectors. HOpe that answers your q's.

Jared
Old 03-05-2007, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

overall the kit looks real good. i dont like the fact that you had to hack up the stock bumper but every kit is different.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
overall the kit looks real good. i dont like the fact that you had to hack up the stock bumper but every kit is different.
Thanks man. I wasn't thrilled either. Since I have the lip kit, they REALLY had to hack it up. But, I guess it is replaceable if need be. I am very pleased with this set-up thus far. The spool sound so sick! I get wood everytime I hear it!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
In regards to the gauge placements, I know, I didn't want the standard Pillar Pod or center dash concel. Thieves and PoPo's here in LA. Also, that fabric is heat wrap. And yes, I had to wrap the pipe that goes into the throttle body because it was hitting the car. The installer did it as a temporary fix and is going to fix it so it isn't rigged the way it is. I am going to get some better heat wrap this week. Other people with this kit didn't experience the fitment issues like I encountered, kinda sucks, but hey.

I dont think you would need heat wrap on the charge pipe though...dunno. I don't think there are any performance gains can be had from it or there are any components that need protecting from heat on that side of the engine bay.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on the turbo man...
Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 AM

that is really nice man! i really hope 2 be boosted in 2 months, hopefully! goin with zpi stage 0 for a start then work my way up! i can't wait! boost is so freakin addictive!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would get the treadstone turbo kit if only I didn't have to hack my bumper. I want to be a sleeper rather than letting everyone know i'm boosting..
Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys! i'll update when i get her tuned and looking purrrty.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The spool sound so sick! I get wood everytime I hear it!

Like this?
Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
The spool sound so sick! I get wood everytime I hear it!

Like this?
HAHAHAHHAHAHAAH!!!

Exactly like that!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that looks less like wood and more like HUGE sausage links