Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another Turbo Kit is ready!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

You have a PM sir

Jesse

Originally Posted by bcp_tc
how much is the "price too low to list"??
Old 11-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Update

I talked to Turbonetics. The kits should be ready mid Dec.

Also, a big question I get is about the piping. It is all aluminum and the finish is called Black Chrome. It looks as cool as it sounds

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com
Old 11-09-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Tight like frog's a$$ I cant wait!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

LOL, frog's a$$!

Funny Sh$t man!

Jesse

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Tight like frog's a$$ I cant wait!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This question is alittle off topic, but it still concerns your kit!

What makes a kit a stag0,1,2,3? is it just what the company making desires to call it? Because I notice that this kit is comparabale to the ZPI stage 1 in price and products that come with the kit. So what makes this kit a stage 2 as aposed to a stage 1 since they did not even make a stage 1?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its up to teh company adn whatever they want to call it.

I want a stage 4.357 when it comes out.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmm.. I have always wondered the same thing. So its not dependant upon the items that make up the kit? LOL.. I thought a stage 1 was a turbo set up minus the intercooler, and the stage 2 was w/ intercooler. LOL.. I'm such a jerk! LOL
Old 11-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally it was based on the stage of the wheel in the turbine the higher the stage the more HP the turbocharger could produce. Then it morphed into stage I being without and intercooler and or fuel management and a stage II being more complete w/ the IC, fuel compaonents, etc.. and Stage III being more of a race kit, not really meant for the stock engine. Now, most companies just call it whatever they want. There isn't really any standardization.

The turbonetics kit that we have been talking about is made to be safe on the stock engine at 8 PSI, but the kit itself has the capability to flow close to 400WHP with the right engine build and tuning. Just turn up the boost!

** disclaimer: do not just turn up the boost without properly building the engine and professioanlly tuning the EMS **

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

Hmm.. I have always wondered the same thing. So its not dependant upon the items that make up the kit? LOL.. I thought a stage 1 was a turbo set up minus the intercooler, and the stage 2 was w/ intercooler. LOL.. I'm such a jerk! LOL
Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ooooo.. got ya.. I knew it was something along those lines. I guess I've been away from the boards for a while, and lost my "suedo-mechanical touch" ;) Haha.. I just listen and try and pick up on things, and I definelty get interested when it comes to doing internal and F/I work on our cars.

So basically what I'm gathering now from my readings is that I could technically get this kit, only running 8PSI and basically drive this daily and not really suffer (true/false)? I know upgrading the clutch is something that should be done, now I've learned slightly about compression ratios.. so then a block with 8.5.1 would be great for boosted apps? I would ultimately want to be able to run a higher level of boost, and make 300 or more WHP. Jess.. Gotta say man, you've definelty provided some good info, also some other guys have too. Preciate all the insight!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So basically your stage 2 and ZPI's stage 1 are at the same level just different names because of different company.(and give or take a few parts)

What is the difference between your piggyback ECU and ZPI's pretuned emanage?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

P.S. do you know what fuel injectors they are running yet?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

Hey Stu,

Yes, you are correct, you can buy this Turbonetics kit, 100% bolt on and plug and play. No worries. The clutch is a wearable item it will wear down faster with the additional power. You could atleast run the stock clutch until it starts to slip and then upgrade. However, if your finances allow'd, get the clutch with the kit.

In regards to the compression you are 50% correct. For high boost applications 20+PSI you need to lower the compression to continue using pump gas. However, at 8 PSI you should be 250+ WHP already so 300WHP would only be a few PSI away. Install forged pistons, rings & rods running stock compression, head studs and a good head gasket, you could see your 300WHP goal easily without dropping the compression.

Remember lowering the compression will lower your off boost HP. So you will feel a bit more slugish before the boost hits. So if you can keep your stock compression and get to your goals, you will be much happier in the long run.

Hope this made sense, if not, just let me know

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

Ooooo.. got ya.. I knew it was something along those lines. I guess I've been away from the boards for a while, and lost my "suedo-mechanical touch" ;) Haha.. I just listen and try and pick up on things, and I definelty get interested when it comes to doing internal and F/I work on our cars.

So basically what I'm gathering now from my readings is that I could technically get this kit, only running 8PSI and basically drive this daily and not really suffer (true/false)? I know upgrading the clutch is something that should be done, now I've learned slightly about compression ratios.. so then a block with 8.5.1 would be great for boosted apps? I would ultimately want to be able to run a higher level of boost, and make 300 or more WHP. Jess.. Gotta say man, you've definelty provided some good info, also some other guys have too. Preciate all the insight!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Outstanding explanation! Thanks a lot bro! I just need to hear it once, and it usually sticks. Made it nice and clear. Hopefully my car gets fixed here soon, and that kit is as good as bought Preciate it!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Correct... Since they start with Stage 0, the Stage I is like the Turbonetics Stage II.

If you want to make it easier, you could say they are both street kits.

The differences in the ECUs:
1) I am not sure how ZPi does it, but the Unichip in the Turbonetics kit is plug and play with harness, etc. No need to actually chop into the existing harness which you typically need to do w/ the eManage.

2) The unichip isn't just a +% over stock, it actually runs it's own fuel and timing maps just like a standalone. I would say it is more like the eManage Ultimate without having to hack into your stock factory harness.

3) the Unichip can also control:
Variable cam timing switch-over points
Electronic boost control
Water injection
Override speed limiter
Drive additional injectors
Raise your rev limiter
Control progressive nitrous control with retarded timing
Provide launch control on turbo-charged applications
Remove the alternator load under prescribed conditions
Replace mechanical ignition system with mapped ignition
Optimize timing and fuel map settings

Here is a great link: http://www.unichip.us/faq.asp

The Unichip is top notch, but I wouldn't expect anything else from Turbonetics.

In regards to the injectors, due to the large size of the stock injectors, my guess is they will atleast be 525 if not 550cc. However, don't quote me as Turbonetics as not released the specs yet.

Let me know if you need anything else

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

Originally Posted by cmlloveless
So basically your stage 2 and ZPI's stage 1 are at the same level just different names because of different company.(and give or take a few parts)

What is the difference between your piggyback ECU and ZPI's pretuned emanage?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great answer! man I like your customer service! I will not have the money until next summer, but I will definetly be getting this kit! Not only for the power, but it has great cosmetic value as well. Very nice!

I am asuming the price I was quoted in an email was a pre-sale price and will go up as soon as the kit comes out?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

personally I think a 470cc injector would be ideal unless you want to build a 400 whp monster.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

Unfortunately... However, a $500 deposit will hold the kit until March, 06 at thhat price...

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

great answer! man I like your customer service! I will not have the money until next summer, but I will definetly be getting this kit! Not only for the power, but it has great cosmetic value as well. Very nice!

I am asuming the price I was quoted in an email was a pre-sale price and will go up as soon as the kit comes out?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now only if I had $500

I get a pay raise($1300 month) starting in Dec. So I will then be saving for a turbo kit! I guess I will just have to pay full price!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned
SL Member

Don't worry, we'll still give you the best price possible

Jesse

Now only if I had $500

I get a pay raise($1300 month) starting in Dec. So I will then be saving for a turbo kit! I guess I will just have to pay full price!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well if you can't release the full price could you give at least this:

More than or less than 3500 for the full price?

Quick Reply: Another Turbo Kit is ready!