Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another Turbo Kit is ready!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Jesse - You should have my deposit. Keep us informed as to the release date.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

You have an e-mail

Jesse

Originally Posted by ScionLawyer
Jesse - You should have my deposit. Keep us informed as to the release date.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so, have you guys gotten to get this thing on a dyno yet, and produce some #'s?
or more info about the kit's specs?
looks really nice by the way
Old 12-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yes, I am sure Turbonetics has put more hours on the DYNO with this thing than I can even think of. They just haven't released an official sheet yet.

However, Typical gains at 8 PSI are 100 WHP +/-

Jesse @ www.Turbo-Kits.com

Originally Posted by marcymarc
so, have you guys gotten to get this thing on a dyno yet, and produce some #'s?
or more info about the kit's specs?
looks really nice by the way
Old 12-01-2005, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Been e-mailing Grant and just found out I HAVE to run premium with this setup....DAMN! DAMN YOU OIL WAR!!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Pretty much standard issue with Turbo cars...

Originally Posted by agmech
Been e-mailing Grant and just found out I HAVE to run premium with this setup....DAMN! DAMN YOU OIL WAR!!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I knew that, but I was just hoping...nah praying some new technology you've developed would allow me to run the cheap stuff considering how high gas prices are. OH WELL!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pm'd
Old 12-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

Got it, replied

Originally Posted by tC875
pm'd
Old 12-04-2005, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This kit looks pretty nice, sending PM for price.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hrmmm came across this on unichips site:

Will I need to use high-octane fuel with the Unichip?

Your engine should always be tuned using the fuel you intend to use. If, for example, you like to race your car on the weekends, two ignition maps can be entered into the Unichip. The first would be for daily driving utilizing low-octane fuel. The second map would be for racing, utilizing high-octane fuel. Switching between the two maps can be accomplished with a simple toggle switch.
So, looks like if the unichip isnt tuned for low octane fuel with the kit, you can go get a custom tune and a toggle switch installed to switch between high and low octane maps.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbokitscom
Hey All,

I talked to Turbonetics and they are not releasing any further info about the kit until the SEMA show. No DYNO's, nothing. One thing they did say was their test car was 100% stock, stock cat, stock exhaust, stock everything at 8 PSI.

Eitherway, I would love to get a few of these out and testing the potential. So PM me if you are interested in our Wholesale deal.

Sorry.

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com
Its after SEMA now isn't it? :D
Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jowie

Your engine should always be tuned using the fuel you intend to use. If, for example, you like to race your car on the weekends, two ignition maps can be entered into the Unichip. The first would be for daily driving utilizing low-octane fuel. The second map would be for racing, utilizing high-octane fuel. Switching between the two maps can be accomplished with a simple toggle switch.
So, looks like if the unichip isnt tuned for low octane fuel with the kit, you can go get a custom tune and a toggle switch installed to switch between high and low octane maps.
Wow, gret find. This makes the kit seem even more appealing with that flexibility.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yeah, I just checked with Turbonetics and they still don't have one for release. Sorry.

They did tell me that they have heard of many problems with the kits that run the eManage and the ECU's re-learning. They said the Turbonetics kit is currently the only kit on the market without those issues. The Unichip does not allow the ECU to re-learn and re-program itself.

Also, the ETA is still mid DEC on the kits, so hopefully we can have some real work results soon.

Originally Posted by turbokitscom
Hey All,

I talked to Turbonetics and they are not releasing any further info about the kit until the SEMA show. No DYNO's, nothing. One thing they did say was their test car was 100% stock, stock cat, stock exhaust, stock everything at 8 PSI.

Eitherway, I would love to get a few of these out and testing the potential. So PM me if you are interested in our Wholesale deal.

Sorry.

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com
Its after SEMA now isn't it? :D
Old 12-05-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Naa, what they are talking about is something like 91 or 93 for the low octane, and then probly something like C-16 as the race application. It just is not smart to run anything lower than 91 for a turbo car, but its up to you what you wanna do...its your car. You may not hear any audible knock, but rest assure there is gonna be slight detonation that you cant detect w/out a knock light.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion

Naa, what they are talking about is something like 91 or 93 for the low octane, and then probly something like C-16 as the race application. It just is not smart to run anything lower than 91 for a turbo car, but its up to you what you wanna do...its your car. You may not hear any audible knock, but rest assure there is gonna be slight detonation that you cant detect w/out a knock light.
Agreed, never said it was smart, but that it is possible. lol
Old 12-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

I agree 100%... The $.20 savings isn't worth your engine...

Originally Posted by Simplyscion

Old 12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

As with any FI setup, Premium fuel must be used. Unichip is a great system which will control timing and fuel. im pretty sure this kit will offer a Front Mount Intercooler system as with every turbokit TN makes. I currently run the 350z Turbokit from them and its a fantastic piece. Also the Kit might come with a larger fuel pump, and im sure i can verify this with my TN contact.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

GROUP BUY!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Banned
SL Member

Where were you guys. We offered it at a price you will never see again through all of november! Even a groupbuy price wouldn't be that low.

Originally Posted by tcholic
GROUP BUY!

Quick Reply: Another Turbo Kit is ready!