Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another Turbo Kit is ready!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Whatsup Jesse...glad to see things are going good for you here on this site soo far...you guys been pumping out a lot of xB TSI kits lately cause I got a lot of kids asking questions and I have been sending them your way...Any word from Revhard ever again cause I noticed you completely dropped them off your page for the xA/xB
Old 12-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

We get a steady stream of questions... I appreciate your referrals

I followed up with Rev Hard for about a year on the kit and nothing moved so I stopped chasing them down about it.

Jesse @ www.Turbo-Kits.com

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Whatsup Jesse...glad to see things are going good for you here on this site soo far...you guys been pumping out a lot of xB TSI kits lately cause I got a lot of kids asking questions and I have been sending them your way...Any word from Revhard ever again cause I noticed you completely dropped them off your page for the xA/xB
Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tax Returns! Need I say more!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Banned
SL Member

Once these kits are released we are going to be keeping a few in stock at all times, so let me know when you are ready

Originally Posted by cmlloveless
Tax Returns! Need I say more!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you guys releasing the kit before the DNYO chart?
just curious.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

It is not us actually, Turbonetics made the kit and they have not released the DYNO charts yet... Sorry, my hand are tied on this one.

However, we have 7 or 8 of them already sold, so I cam sure you will see some real world results once the kits are ready.

Originally Posted by marcymarc
are you guys releasing the kit before the DNYO chart?
just curious.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, im not trying to bash or anything.. the kit looks amazing, better than mine (zpi), i know your not the one personally responsible for this. lol.
im just really curious though.. im sure the kit makes really good power.

bookmarked!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned
SL Member

No problem... I didn't take it that way. I was just clarifying for people who might have read it and though I was purposely holding out

Originally Posted by marcymarc
oh, im not trying to bash or anything.. the kit looks amazing, better than mine (zpi), i know your not the one personally responsible for this. lol.
im just really curious though.. im sure the kit makes really good power.

bookmarked!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Update: 12-22-05

Hey All,

I just talked to Turbonetics. Looks like latest ETA is Mid Jan... I have already called all of the customers with deposits, so I thought I would update the board too.

Happy Holidays

Old 12-23-2005, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member

Unichip....are you kidding?....surely you can find SOMETHING better than that old technology
Old 12-23-2005, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member

wow....this kit looks EXTREMELY similiar (including placement of wastegate/dumptube) to another one that has been out for a while now.....gee...wait, oh yeah...ZPI....and an almost identical log manifold too....wow...I'm impressed
Old 12-23-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

^ Not neccesary at all....

The design and final product on this kit is pretty impressive and looks well...

Pretty amazing...

There are +'s and -'s with each kit in regards to service/design/customability..... be fair...
Old 12-23-2005, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

every turbo kit out there will look similar to each other. its the quality of the parts that seperates the rest. The differences will be hard to find for the untrained eye. such as myself
Old 12-23-2005, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by reagulator
every turbo kit out there will look similar to each other. its the quality of the parts that seperates the rest. The differences will be hard to find for the untrained eye. such as myself
^^^Agreed... Plus the companies who is producing this turbo (Turbonetics) is relatively well known outside the Scion community versus let say ZPI (not knocking them) who is bit geared at the moment towards the scion community in which we appreciate all there efforts! Anyways....
Old 12-23-2005, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All kits include a manifold, a turbo, some more piping, and perhaps a BOV and WG.

The real difference would be when the tubular manifolds start coming out along with the different designs each company uses.

In any case, this kit differs from ZPI's kit in that the BOV goes back to the intake piping. That should fix some idling problems or something or rather. The log looks exactly the same though - collector is on the driver side and the waste gate sits sticking out at the center of the log. Dezod's log has the WG stocking out of the collector.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

Currently the Unichip is the piggy back that is proven successful in keeping the stock ECU from learning and reprograming itself. Call it what you will, but it works!

Just ask anyone that has tried to tune a Toyota ECU w/ an eManage, Lexus IS300 included. You will get about 500 miles out of it before it starts the re-learning process. I say this not by hearsay, but by my many IS300 customers that had the same issue. There are work arounds, but they require multiple tuning sessions and more equipment. Not to mention you have to splice into your stock harness.

Compare that with the Unichip's plug n play (no splice) harness and 100% success rate on the Toyota ECU and you can see why it was chosen. Turbonetics tends to use the best technology out for the specific application. When they designed their 350Z/G35 kits they went right to Technosquare for the ECU tuning and re-flash equipment.

Please do not pick up any attitude form me, it is not meant to come across that way. I am just stating the facts... Ultimately the public will decide what they want to use.

Originally Posted by SpaldingSpeed
Unichip....are you kidding?....surely you can find SOMETHING better than that old technology
Old 12-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yes, Turbo + MAF = BOV Recirc. You will have problems with the idle and the car stalling after a hard run if the BOV goes to the atmosphere. Again, this is from expierence and not hearsay... I type this so people no I am not basing things off of what I may have heard, but by actual customers and my years of tech support in this industry...

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
All kits include a manifold, a turbo, some more piping, and perhaps a BOV and WG.

The real difference would be when the tubular manifolds start coming out along with the different designs each company uses.

In any case, this kit differs from ZPI's kit in that the BOV goes back to the intake piping. That should fix some idling problems or something or rather. The log looks exactly the same though - collector is on the driver side and the waste gate sits sticking out at the center of the log. Dezod's log has the WG stocking out of the collector.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man... Out of all the many hours drooling over these pics and this kit
I did not even notice the the BOV vented back into the intake! That is even more lovely a thing!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

*** Homer Simpson Voice ***

mmmmmmmmmm.... Recirculating Blow off valve.... aaarrgglllhhh drool!

LOL

Originally Posted by cmlloveless
Man... Out of all the many hours drooling over these pics and this kit
I did not even notice the the BOV vented back into the intake! That is even more lovely a thing!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agreed! And less of a hiss noise!

Quick Reply: Another Turbo Kit is ready!