Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ANTI FOULER-TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The second 02 sensor on the S-pipe is to manage the off-throttle fuel cut it's also there to measure the effectiveness of the primary cat converter. A/F is controlled by the primary 02 sensor on the down-pipe.

Sometimes the anti-foulers do not work. It's a hit-or-miss thing I guess.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:53 AM
GEO
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only thing I've see that works 100% of the time is a good o2 simulator. I would go to a good tuner shop who will garuntee it works. Not sure if the racing solutions is good or not. Also the MMW looks like it will do the job. It is as long as 3 anti-spark foulers combined. I had to disconnect the S pipe in order to get it on since there is not a whole lot of room. Does it work? Not sure since my check engine light was not on it was the dumb tire preasure sensor.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Get a ZPI S-pipe, that would fix your problem of Cat-less CEL.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Ahh, I don't think that's true. I have the ZPI spipe and still get a CEL and it's cuz of being catless.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Ahh, I don't think that's true. I have the ZPI spipe and still get a CEL and it's cuz of being catless.

Interesting, I have never got a CEL because of being catless.....and I wasn't even running a anti-fouler. Only thing I can attribute it to was the S-pipe (due to it's relocation of the 02 sensor).
Old 02-14-2007, 06:44 PM
SL Member

You dumb asses you will get the CEL everytime if delete the 1st or 2nd cat . THE ONLY WAY THE ONLY WAY THE ONLY WAY it will go away is if you get a custom ECU for your setup. The factory ECU has been calibrated to have 2 cats runninig thats why it says ULEV ultra light emmisions vehicle. So no dumb ___ spark plug fouler isnt going to work drilled out or not. No matter what even if you do trick the stock ECU the cars computer is going to send stock fuel and timing maps to the injectors and ignition,defeating the whole purpose of having the mod. On the other hand leaving the CEL on the smart ___ VVT-i by the way the ( i ) stands for intellegence. So the intellegence part of the ECU will start to compensate for boost ,driving habits,it even knows if you dont warm up your cold engine before driving off,like I said all your driving habits thats how sophisticated todays ECUs are especially imports. So next time you want to try to reset or trick (foulers) the ECU. Dont waste your time unless you have 5 to 10 thousand $ laying around to have a custom ECU built from scratch for a specific setup NOS,turbo,supercharger.Oh yeah in case your wondering TRD reflashes the ECU for extra boost, But the 2 cats have to remain. So if the CEL bothers you that much go put the stock parts back on,cuz the CEL dont bother me one bit.In conclusion leave the cars computer alone and let learn the mods the best that it can cuz if you keep reseting it like disconnecting the neg. batt. cable the ECU is back to square one. The only way to fix it is to go with a custom ECU. And who has $ for ____ like that cuz I dont. One last thing piggyback ECUs(greddy) might work for a little while but the ( i ) in the VVT-i will eventually figure it out. So dont sweat the small stuff after all its just one light, and we all know what has caused it. LATER HATERS
Old 02-14-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ wow.. someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jayjay
You dumb asses you will get the CEL everytime if delete the 1st or 2nd cat . THE ONLY WAY THE ONLY WAY THE ONLY WAY it will go away is if you get a custom ECU for your setup. The factory ECU has been calibrated to have 2 cats runninig thats why it says ULEV ultra light emmisions vehicle. So no dumb butt spark plug fouler isnt going to work drilled out or not. No matter what even if you do trick the stock ECU the cars computer is going to send stock fuel and timing maps to the injectors and ignition,defeating the whole purpose of having the mod. On the other hand leaving the CEL on the smart butt VVT-i by the way the ( i ) stands for intellegence. So the intellegence part of the ECU will start to compensate for boost ,driving habits,it even knows if you dont warm up your cold engine before driving off,like I said all your driving habits thats how sophisticated todays ECUs are especially imports. So next time you want to try to reset or trick (foulers) the ECU. Dont waste your time unless you have 5 to 10 thousand $ laying around to have a custom ECU built from scratch for a specific setup NOS,turbo,supercharger.Oh yeah in case your wondering TRD reflashes the ECU for extra boost, But the 2 cats have to remain. So if the CEL bothers you that much go put the stock parts back on,cuz the CEL dont bother me one bit.In conclusion leave the cars computer alone and let learn the mods the best that it can cuz if you keep reseting it like disconnecting the neg. batt. cable the ECU is back to square one. The only way to fix it is to go with a custom ECU. And who has $ for poop like that cuz I dont. One last thing piggyback ECUs(greddy) might work for a little while but the ( i ) in the VVT-i will eventually figure it out. So dont sweat the small stuff after all its just one light, and we all know what has caused it. LATER HATERS

What part of I don't get a CEL for no Cat did you not understand... I get a CEL because of the Primary 02 Sensor, not because I'm running a Cat-less exhaust system. As for the ECU relearning, lol, been running a Year+ on the Emanage....car runs the way we tell it to run. ECU aint changing squat.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I get a CEL because of the Primary 02 Sensor, not because I'm running a Cat-less exhaust system.
Ohhh, maybe that's what I get mine from too. I thought you didn't get one at all. I'd have to check my read out again. My bad.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
I get a CEL because of the Primary 02 Sensor, not because I'm running a Cat-less exhaust system.
Ohhh, maybe that's what I get mine from too. I thought you didn't get one at all. I'd have to check my read out again. My bad.

Code should read something like P001 or something rather... For the Primary 02 Sensor.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:37 AM
GEO
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wrong side of the bed? More like he fell from his bunk bed or something. If he did a search he would see that most people with a FI have got ridden of the cel by using anti-fouler or 02 similator. Others just decided to keep the light on. I personaly don't have a cel and the car runs the way its tuned. And you must be smoking some good crack if you think an ems will cost $10K. I'm sure Dezod will prove you wrong when theirs comes out.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:27 AM
SL Member

Ok maybe i went to far with the 5 to 10K talk forgive me.But by the time your piggyback is done mooching off the stock ECU it should be time to score a new one. All im saying in the long run it is best to go custom,something like NEP TUNE. Another thing I do own a tC 06 w/hotchkis springs,sway bars,strut bar,camber kit, alphawerks header.invidia s-pipe,agency pulley,agency full exhaust,& planning on 50 shot of the cold stuff (wet) of course.The first 100 miles with the header I got the CEL and I was expecting it. So my point is no fouler or simmulator is going to fix the CEL .Cuz the ECUs are already set to have back pressure to lower emissions. Those who say they dont have CEL it is a load of B/S. If you think im lying put a video out for all the people on SL ,while your boosted tC is running. But keep the electrical tape off of the instument panel.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok maybe i went to far with the 5 to 10K talk forgive me.But by the time your piggyback is done mooching off the stock ECU it should be time to score a new one. All im saying in the long run it is best to go custom,something like NEP TUNE. Another thing I do own a tC 06 w/hotchkis springs,sway bars,strut bar,camber kit, alphawerks header.invidia s-pipe,agency pulley,agency full exhaust,& planning on 50 shot of the cold stuff (wet) of course.The first 100 miles with the header I got the CEL and I was expecting it. So my point is no fouler or simmulator is going to fix the CEL .Cuz the ECUs are already set to have back pressure to lower emissions. Those who say they dont have CEL it is a load of B/S. If you think im lying put a video out for all the people on SL ,while your boosted tC is running. But keep the electrical tape off of the instument panel.

You are comparing a Header and 50 shot, to a Turbo tC...
Old 02-15-2007, 03:12 AM
SL Member

Nitrous is forced induction your forcing more fuel and air in the engine,the same as turbo or supercharger,need I explain more.But your smart and should have known that.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 AM
SL Member

Why would I compare nos to turbo. An equal comparison would be 50 shot of nos is like 4 to 6 psi depending on bottle pressure. From what I understand Zpi stage 1 is 8 to 9psi So which will have more pull 6 psi or 9 psi HMMM LET ME THINK??? Besides I wasnt comparing S/C, N/A, NOS, OR TURBOS.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

whatever you say dude..
Old 02-15-2007, 03:40 AM
SL Member

Yo rhythmnsmoke I seen all your vids on you tube. Im a big fan of your work. Keep smoking them 35,000$ Evos & STIs. Your vids are the reason I bought a tC. Holla Back
Old 02-15-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yo rhythmnsmoke I seen all your vids on you tube. Im a big fan of your work. Keep smoking them 35,000$ Evos & STIs. Your vids are the reason I bought a tC. Holla Back

Well, then I've done my job well... I will just be glad though when my $35k vehicle can keep up with the tC. Then again, it's used for drifting and not drag anyway.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:35 AM
SL Member

Yo rhythm I have a N/A setup I launch at 3500 any thing above that spins at the line, then I shift at 6000 it seems to slow or bog fron 6000 to redline. Your car was N/A at one time, but I dont know how long, or did you straight to turbo as your first mod. Any kind of tip helps. What do you launch at from a dig???
Old 02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you feathering out the clutch. We were N/A'ed for about 3 or so months, and saw the Drag strip only during the ZPI Scion ShootOut. Ran a 15.1 1/4mile with just ZPI S-pipe and Exhaust and little weight reduction. Feathering off the line will stop your wheel spinning. Are you wheel hopping two. if so, an Ingalls ETD is one of those best bang for the buck mods. You will love it. 2nd to 3rd is a hit or miss sometimes. You got to get it right so you don't bog going into 3rd. Shift at 6100 if you can or as close to where you needle will hit Red on your gauge.

Quick Reply: ANTI FOULER-TURBO