Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ANTI FOULER-TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:13 PM
SL Member

Correct me if im wrong,I think feathering is where you let the clutch out maybe half or less than half but your still not in motion, Is that right, cuz I when you dump the clutch from the floor you just spin the tires.[/quote]
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^You will be in motion as you are letting out the clutch. As you start to pick up speed, you start to let the clutch out more and more, until you are in the part of the power band that will not cause traction loss but propel you forward instead.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
^^You will be in motion as you are letting out the clutch. As you start to pick up speed, you start to let the clutch out more and more, until you are in the part of the power band that will not cause traction loss but propel you forward instead.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:27 PM
SL Member

Man you are tha ish
Old 02-15-2007, 03:29 PM
GEO
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow went off topic. Wonder if he fixed his problem. Also i wish I had a vid cam I don't but I'll see if I can snap pics with everthing running. No electrical tape or anything. Also as an FYI most places will fail you for an emissions test if they see a cel. Can't say I've figured out how to pass one even with no light and the turbo. May try to get a catted downpipe like Dezods.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I fool the emissions computer by resetting the ECU (battery disconnect), and driving to the Station without getting into boost. CEL stays off until I take it into boost. After that, I get the CEL for the Primary 02.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jayjay
Man you are tha ish

I try to help where I can...
Old 02-15-2007, 05:18 PM
GEO
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I fool the emissions computer by resetting the ECU (battery disconnect), and driving to the Station without getting into boost. CEL stays off until I take it into boost. After that, I get the CEL for the Primary 02.
Thats good to know. Have you did any other modifactions to pass e missions or are the level acceptable even with the turbo? Now I'm off topic
Old 02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^nope, but then again, I live in TN. They aren't to picky depending on where you go. We are suppose to have a Cat on the car, but depending where you go, they don't even check on newer cars.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

^^I fool the emissions computer by resetting the ECU (battery disconnect), and driving to the Station without getting into boost. CEL stays off until I take it into boost. After that, I get the CEL for the Primary 02.
You mean secondary.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
You mean secondary.

If I meant Secondary.....I would have said so..
Old 02-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

You mean secondary.

The CEL your speaking about with respect to Anti-foulers and fooling the ECU into thinking there is a cat is the secondary one. The primary relays combustion cycle feedback to the ECU.

Unless you get a code for a primary sensor manlfunction or something of sorts...
Old 02-15-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You mean secondary.

The CEL your speaking about with respect to Anti-foulers and fooling the ECU into thinking there is a cat is the secondary one. The primary relays combustion cycle feedback to the ECU.

Unless you get a code for a primary sensor manlfunction or something of sorts...

The CEL I was speaking about was in respect to what is thrown on our car, which is not for the cat-less exhaust. That's not the code we get, even though we don't have a Cat.

I didn't fool the ECU, I fooled the Emissions Testing tool, you know, the little scanner they hook up to the OBD port. I think you misunderstood what I was talking about.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

In the state of NY the car has to be driven at least 30-50 miles after resetting the ECU or disconnecting the neg battery cable before it is able to pass the emissions portion of a NYS inspection...such a pain in the butt if you ask me...they dont even use a sniffer anymore, a diagnostics tool just gets plugged right into the OBD II port and walla, info is sent directly to the computer system.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

does that diagnostic tool tell you if the person has reset the battery recently or not?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
In the state of NY the car has to be driven at least 30-50 miles after resetting the ECU or disconnecting the neg battery cable before it is able to pass the emissions portion of a NYS inspection...such a pain in the butt if you ask me...they dont even use a sniffer anymore, a diagnostics tool just gets plugged right into the OBD II port and walla, info is sent directly to the computer system.
Yup it goes straight to the DMV and if you fail you have 10 days to fix it. If you do not, your license can be suspended.

Yes it can be detected. The ECU stores that info.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup it goes straight to the DMV and if you fail you have 10 days to fix it. If you do not, your license can be suspended.

Yes it can be detected. The ECU stores that info.
What you do is goto a shop that barely keeps up on things. An 80year old mechanic with a stogie out the mouth does the trick... I reset my ECU and told him maybe the 06's dont work yet... It worked too...:D
Old 02-16-2007, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well FIRST, there is no primary and secondary o2 on this car. One A/f sensor and one 02. Second if you reset your ecu the computer goes into check mode and usualy will not throw a code unless it sees teh fault twice within 100 miles...soooo reset the ecu drive straight to the tester and when he pulgs it in it will tell him the ecu is in check mode and it will divert it to a sniffer test wich we should be able to pass since we have a second cat.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah what he said.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by redwar1441
well FIRST, there is no primary and secondary o2 on this car. One A/f sensor and one 02. Second if you reset your ecu the computer goes into check mode and usualy will not throw a code unless it sees teh fault twice within 100 miles...soooo reset the ecu drive straight to the tester and when he pulgs it in it will tell him the ecu is in check mode and it will divert it to a sniffer test wich we should be able to pass since we have a second cat.
Regardless of what you further classify it as, it has 2 oxygen sensors as do all OBD2 emissions compliant 4cyl vehicles. Hell my car has 3 cats and 4 sensors and a Y-pipe. LOL

True to tC's primary sensor is a unique almost a wideband O2 sensor that measures AFR in much more progressive fashion than most other cars with a much broader span of voltage....But hey what do we know??!? We are only the Black Box guys and build turbo systems for the car.

Quick Reply: ANTI FOULER-TURBO