Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Any ideas on how to squeeze more HP out of the TC??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Any ideas on how to squeeze more HP out of the TC??

Any ideas on how to get more horses out of the TC but keepin the warranty?
Old 01-07-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Any ideas on how to squeeze more HP out of the TC??

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
Ladies and gents, just like every other tuner in this forum I have spent a lot of money, time, and effort to get my car where it is. Yet, it still has not satisfied me. As any and all tuners on the earth I now want more. I have the SC, ZPIs crank and supercharger pulleys, exhuast and Nology wires. I'm still achin for more and I know that replacing TRDs BPV is good for a couple horses because it leaks NOTICEABLY with the new SC pulley(Just in case you guys weren't already aware of that, prepare to buy a BPV if you get that pulley, the pulley won't damage the BPV it just causes it to leak like a CHAMP!) Anywho back on topic thats what I have done, any ideas on what else to do to gain more? Aside from ripping apart the block and head and redoing everything. I'm fairly engine competent, I'm no UTI graduate but I know a fair amount. I was hoping for a chip of some sort but I can't seem to find a decent one... All I wanted for christmas was more power PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Pistons, head, e-manage ulti, injectors, full exhaust (not cat, header-to-tip 2.5'' since you have f/i), have someone make custom gears for you. Gearing is everything, trust me.

Weight reduction will help accleration. Cf hood, CF hatch, strip rear seats and pannels and you could use some light weight materials to hide some ugly parts of the rear. Um, engine damper, beef up intervals, custom stroke kit from 2.4-2.5/2.6l, bore, port and polish, regrind cams.

List can go on and on.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default N20

Nawwwwwssssssssssss
Old 01-07-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: N20

Originally Posted by RapierTL
Nawwwwwssssssssssss
Old 01-08-2006, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I guess at some point, you have to look at our 16500 dollar car and say... that's pretty good....

You could invest 10's of thousands to overpower it and make it crazy to be a daily driver... All I'd do is tune the crap out of it with a custom engine management system...
Old 01-08-2006, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well killerxromances... I knew all that, that was what I was trying to avoid. Like I said ripping apart the block and head is out of the question (For Now lol) I guess I was really hoping that someone had a deep dark secret about a performance chip that I couldn't find or a set of cams that were on the verge of extinction... But I guess from the sound of it... I'm Done...
Old 01-08-2006, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: N20

Originally Posted by Batjew
Originally Posted by RapierTL
Nawwwwwssssssssssss
Old 01-08-2006, 03:10 AM
Banned
SL Member

Tuff to make a lot more power with out spending a lot of $$$.

If I were you I'd concentrate on fine-tuning two areas:
1)electronics-eg. get a boost controller, apexi afc, or vvti controller. May see minimal gains of power but really improve power delivery and streetabiltiy.
2)tires/suspension-get some HI end rubber and fine tune your suspension and the car will be a lot quicker and more fun to drive.

My 2 cents..... Good luck
Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aftermarket header and exhaust! Custom IC.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Add a turbo kit if it will fit under the supercharger???
Old 01-09-2006, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are not done my friend. Try working on your suspension and tires. Drop some weight on the car with lighter wheels, CF hood, etc. Get yourself some nice engine management tool and then go get an Overdrive Crank pulley and SC pulley combination from NST to make more boost. The 2AZ can handle more boost with that SC than 10psi if tuned properly Tuning is key.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have sway bars from hotchkis and a dc strut bar already, along with eibach lowering springs, i want to stay away from carbon fiber hoods and hatches because this TOTALLY A PERSONAL VIEW (Notice I said totally personal) I don't like the way carbon fiber looks, and YES I KNOW ITS MEANT TO BE PAINTED BUT I WOULD RATHER SPEND MORE MOENY IN PROPER TUNING AND MORE SIGNIFICANT INCREASES IN ACCEL. Sorry for the caps just wanted to emphasize my reasoning and trying to avoid the mass of flaming that might result anyways... Back on topic, any one have any good ideas for piggyback ecus out there for the tc ???
Old 01-09-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
I have sway bars from hotchkis and a dc strut bar already, along with eibach lowering springs, i want to stay away from carbon fiber hoods and hatches because this TOTALLY A PERSONAL VIEW (Notice I said totally personal) I don't like the way carbon fiber looks, and YES I KNOW ITS MEANT TO BE PAINTED BUT I WOULD RATHER SPEND MORE MOENY IN PROPER TUNING AND MORE SIGNIFICANT INCREASES IN ACCEL. Sorry for the caps just wanted to emphasize my reasoning and trying to avoid the mass of flaming that might result anyways... Back on topic, any one have any good ideas for piggyback ecus out there for the tc ???
As i stated before, greddy e-manage ulti is the best thing out there as far as piggy backs go.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unichip looks promising. Get that overdrive crank pulley and the unichip and get it tuned. You'll be good to go. There is a Unichip shop 60 miles from us that will tune it for ya.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wheres that shopat??
Old 01-09-2006, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mt Airy Motors Total Performance
111 Ridgeville Blvd
PO Box 318
Mt Airy, Maryland 21771
301 829 1500
www.totalperf.com

Closest one to us that will tune on site...
Old 01-09-2006, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one of the best things you could do would be get it properly tuned. the SC reflash is kinda iffy to me. e-manage seems way more tunable.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm... cost anyone??? How about reviews, have you heard anything from anyone yet about it??? Just want to make sure I put my money in the right place... I saw ZPI had something on their site, but it was from a company I never heard of and my VAFC for my Honda was like a third the price.... OHHH HOW I MISS MY HONDA!!! IT WAS SO EASY TO FIND PARTS!! AND SO CHEAP!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
As i stated before, greddy e-manage ulti is the best thing out there as far as piggy backs go.
Really??????I would love to know where you got that info
Old 01-09-2006, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by killerxromances
Really??????I would love to know where you got that info
It's my opinion based on what the ulti. offers and gains seen by different cars and set ups.

Quick Reply: Any ideas on how to squeeze more HP out of the TC??