Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Any ideas on how to squeeze more HP out of the TC??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't believe no one has mentioned an intercooler.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^^
Originally Posted by cmlloveless
Aftermarket header and exhaust! Custom IC.
someone alreayd did
Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ingalls etd and a fidanza flywheel should do a lot 4 u
Old 01-09-2006, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by killerxromances
As i stated before, greddy e-manage ulti is the best thing out there as far as piggy backs go.
Really??????I would love to know where you got that info
It's my opinion based on what the ulti. offers and gains seen by different cars and set ups.
The ultimate has its bugs that need to be straightened out before I would consider it the best thing out as far as a piggy back goes....I would definitely hafta say the Unichip for now until the Ultimate gets fixed up.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright, so the unichip, and a flywheel... anyone have any recomendations on a flywheel... About the IC. anyone heard anything from ZPI about theirs??? I know they were working on one for the TC but I never really checked back on the thread does anyone know a price and if they finished it?
Old 01-09-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
alright, so the unichip, and a flywheel... anyone have any recomendations on a flywheel... About the IC. anyone heard anything from ZPI about theirs??? I know they were working on one for the TC but I never really checked back on the thread does anyone know a price and if they finished it?
I've been running the Fidanza flywheel and Spec stage 3 clutch kit in my TC and love the combo.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: Any ideas on how to squeeze more HP out of the TC??

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
Ladies and gents, just like every other tuner in this forum I have spent a lot of money, time, and effort to get my car where it is. Yet, it still has not satisfied me. As any and all tuners on the earth I now want more. I have the SC, ZPIs crank and supercharger pulleys, exhuast and Nology wires. I'm still achin for more and I know that replacing TRDs BPV is good for a couple horses because it leaks NOTICEABLY with the new SC pulley(Just in case you guys weren't already aware of that, prepare to buy a BPV if you get that pulley, the pulley won't damage the BPV it just causes it to leak like a CHAMP!) Anywho back on topic thats what I have done, any ideas on what else to do to gain more? Aside from ripping apart the block and head and redoing everything. I'm fairly engine competent, I'm no UTI graduate but I know a fair amount. I was hoping for a chip of some sort but I can't seem to find a decent one... All I wanted for christmas was more power PLEASE HELP ME!!!
tc2nut4....just ONE question...HOW do YOU afford ALL these MOds???? Being only 18...it looks like you've put about 5-10 grand into your car. You obviously live with your parents and don't have Other bills to pay and work at some minimum wage job and put ALL your money into parts for your car...but still, what do your parents give you money to mod too?!!! 18! Kids just have no appreciation for working hard for money..............................
Old 01-09-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he might b poll dancing
Old 01-09-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

I have the answere! Lives with parents and goes to school. Recieves 1200 a month for financial aid but only spends 60 bucks of that for actual school purposes America is great :D I <3 taxes.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well TheTC, actually I go to school and live in the dorms which i have loans to pay for, next I sell phones for a living and my brother gave me the job so I owe him the oppurtunity of money, and I probably make more than you do so just because you're angry that I'm 18 and have all this done, don't be a hater... Next I do have an appreciation for money look at my other car, then look at this one, I'm fully aware of what things cost its about money management A$$. And just so you know I already have 10 gs set aside for retirement so actually aside from gas, IRA, Insurance, Student Loans, Car payment, and cell phone I have no bills you're right... Oh wait maybe I just make more money than you because I'm damn good at my job. Next off retard a minumum wage wouldn't make the car payment and insurance for this car let alone all the mods... If you don't have anything on topic to say, go screw yourself and dont say anything at all...
Old 01-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

No. You're just a rich spoiled little kid. You DON't make more than me selling phones!! Rofl!!! I make commercials, movies and videos. I'm a production assistant and I make at a minimum $200/day.

I don't care how much you 'say' you make...theres no way in hell an 18 year old has enough money to BUY a new car AND put $10,000 worth of mods into it. I smell a spoiled yuppie kid......=)
Old 01-10-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

200 a day is a joke so I'm not sure what youre so proud of. And if I don't make more than you I'm damn close. Next if thats what you DO make if in fact you are not lying, than you should know how to manage money. Secondly I did total my other car So i had a lot of money from insurance. So F U C K FACE if you don't know me don't go being a G O D D A M N D I CK... You don't even know me and you're actin like an A$$ It's not like i'm rubbin my car in anyones face here all i asked for is some help with gettin more done to my car and you come in either jealous or you're just a plain D I C K trying to start S H I T... so go F U C K yourself. Next I've been sellin phones since I was 14 and i make on average 300 a day with commission and hourly, so when you want to try and be a big man get your facts straight. And by the way if you do make movies, commercials and videos and all you make is $200 than they must suck just like your attitude... I'm done with you unless you have anything to say worth hearing or regarding my post
Old 01-10-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and now back to our previously scheduled program...If I were you I would just bite the bullet and buy the unichip and overdrive crank pulley and get it tuned, probly would be the cheapest bet cause I dont see that ZPI intercooler setup being less than $1500 based on previous pricing of other items.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$1500? OMG...hopefully it wont be close to that much?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another way to squeeze a few more ponies would to be get rid of your 19's and go with a smaller, lighter rim
Old 01-10-2006, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i might actually be sellin them, i have my stockies on for now for winter and its a huge difference, i think you're right on that i'll probably go with the unichip. Do really think our motors can hold with the extra boost? I'm new to the toyota area so i'm willing to admit i'm a bit clueless...
Old 01-11-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you're flippin the bill yourself, my hat is off to you. Few people understand the power of money management. Thats all I got since I'm not a gearhead (yet) ;)