Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Any intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Any intakes?

What CAI if any can work with the supercharger? Would it be worth the money?
Old 04-27-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

None without modification. Some have modified the K&N, but it involves cutting.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks. I got the supercharger and exhaust and want more but don't wanna void my warranty.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member

Hate to break it to you, but it's been definitively said that any intake with your supercharger will void your warranty. In fact, pretty much anything except the exhaust will void it. Check out the calling all superchargers thread, I think pg. 9, where Josh listed all the things that will void your warranty.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Nothing "voids" your warranty. They can only not cover certain repairs under warranty if the non-OEM part is proven to be the cause of it. Your warranty is still totally intact and nothing has changed on it. It never "voids" completely. They just don't cover some repairs with it.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:32 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I really think that Scion Life needs to make it so everytime someone types the word VOID, it automatically changes to HONOR.

Like ACK said, and I have said before, they can NEVER void your warranty. TO void something means to make it not there, to get rid of it. You paid for the warranty YOU have it. You can strip the car down and roll into the dealer on a frame and 4 tires, YOU WILL STILL HAVE YOUR WARRANTY. It IS NOT void. Will they HONOR your warranty, PROBABLY NOT.

NOTHING EVER EVER EVER voids A WARRANTY. It will be there on paper until it runs out. Unless they refund you money.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Any intakes?

Originally Posted by grandeville
What CAI if any can work with the supercharger? Would it be worth the money?
The umnitza will work!

Check this link for video of driveby with it installed.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116750
Old 04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
I really think that Scion Life needs to make it so everytime someone types the word VOID, it automatically changes to HONOR.

Like ACK said, and I have said before, they can NEVER void your warranty. TO void something means to make it not there, to get rid of it. You paid for the warranty YOU have it. You can strip the car down and roll into the dealer on a frame and 4 tires, YOU WILL STILL HAVE YOUR WARRANTY. It IS NOT void. Will they HONOR your warranty, PROBABLY NOT.

NOTHING EVER EVER EVER voids A WARRANTY. It will be there on paper until it runs out. Unless they refund you money.
That is totally untrue if the warranty states that it will be voided by certain items. For example, if the SC warranty states that removal of the tamper proof cap voids the warranty, there is NOTHING you can do to fight it. The act states that they can blanket void IF the original warranty states so. Too many people use that as a security blanket without reading it. Now, I dont have the SC so I dont know the complete wording of it. Items not mentioned may only prevent honoring of the warranty if they cause the issue, but anything stated in the warranty to be a "voiding" factor will be treated as so.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
but anything stated in the warranty to be a "voiding" factor will be treated as so.
Ditto this... it probably doesn't get mentiond enough though. But that might be b/c none of us have probably read the warranty cover to cover and know if there's anything like that in there.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:45 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by engifineer
Originally Posted by Nick06tC

That is totally untrue if the warranty states that it will be voided by certain items. For example, if the SC warranty states that removal of the tamper proof cap voids the warranty, there is NOTHING you can do to fight it. The act states that they can blanket void IF the original warranty states so. Too many people use that as a security blanket without reading it. Now, I dont have the SC so I dont know the complete wording of it. Items not mentioned may only prevent honoring of the warranty if they cause the issue, but anything stated in the warranty to be a "voiding" factor will be treated as so.
As I was typing what I typed, i was thinking about that. That is one of the exceptions. I was thinking more along the lines of the general warranty of anything in life. (minus exceptions stated in the warranty).

(oh and the tamper proof cap isnt perfect either. I never had one installed and I questioned the dealer about it, and they told me they would see about getting one for me. They still havent.)
Old 04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ i would get them to put that in writing. They can still turn around and deny it, along with your warranty. Too bad a lot of people did not know about the cap when the first ones were installed.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:54 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah I had no clue until I joined scionlife. I asked them to put it in writing, and what bothers me is the local dealer is good to me. But I am military and when I move in a year, I will be dealing with an all new dealer. And if I move back to europe, I have no clue if Toyota Europe will waranty a Scion. Toyota Europe honored my wifes toyota warranty, but I dont know about scions.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It's been stated by TRD that is you tweak the S/C or any of it's components you will not have a warranty on the S/C. Period. Now if you change the intake on the car with a S/C and something totally unrelated breaks or is defective it still has to be covered. They cannot totally void your warranty on the car.

Now if you start tweaking things like the intake, pulley, piggy back, ect and you have an engine problem it's not going to be hard for the dealership to point the finger at what caused the problem. They won't have a hard time proving it either.

Running a cai on a boosted car is REALLY risky anyway. If anything I'd keep it as a sri but the gains (if any) from that are nominal at best so it's not really worth it IMO. TRD and Toyota spent a lot of money on R&D on this unit and it works really well the way it is. Personally I have more faith in the redesigned airbox from TRD than I do in a $25 filter and a piece of piping.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member

^^^^^^ what i was trying to say. It sounded like I meant the entire engine, but its just the supercharger. I was simply going off of the list, provided by Josh, of things that TRD said would void your warranty. Doing ANYTHING to the supercharger is looking like a bad deal. If you wanted a lot of power, you should've gone with a turbo. Be happy with small boost in power and your warranty.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Cape_Cod_TC
^^^^^^ what i was trying to say. It sounded like I meant the entire engine, but its just the supercharger. I was simply going off of the list, provided by Josh, of things that TRD said would void your warranty. Doing ANYTHING to the supercharger is looking like a bad deal. If you wanted a lot of power, you should've gone with a turbo. Be happy with small boost in power and your warranty.