Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Any Problems with Dezod`s Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Night before last, I helped one of our crew members finish up the last part of his Dezod turbo kit install. That last part was trying to fit the front bumper on to the car. It took us 3 or so hours to get the front bumper back on, because we (should I say "he") was ANTI-bumper cutting. So, we were going through every possible situation on getting the bumper back on WITHOUT having to cut it. In the end, we ended up cutting about an Inch and a 1/2 off of the right side Intercooler piping.

The pipe coming off the end tank on the right side, I would recommend you not tighten completely yet, until you do Bumper fitment test. You may need to twist and rotate that pipe if need be, so that it can fit properly underneath the bottom vent hole.

After we got it cut, and rotated the pipe some, it fit perfectly. So, so far as far as installation goes, you will not get the front bumper to fit on the first go around. So you will have to play with it a little and make adjustments and if you are against cutting the bumper, you can cut some of the piping instead. The pipe we cut was the right side (Driver side) "U" shaped pipe.

I probably will do some driving impressions/thoughts once he gets it all broken in, and a new clutch in the car so he can beat on it a bit.

He does not have the standard Dezod S1 kit, as he has the ITS Dual Ball Bearing upgrade turbo instead of the one that comes with the S1 kit. He is on the base map, and reading 8.7 lbs of boost currently.
Aww, that sucks, I don`t mind cutting the bumper if you can`t see it from the outside tho. I feel unsafe cutting the intercooler piping tho.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^There is nothing to worry about when cutting a small U shaped pipe. It does not effect the performance nor harm anything with the turbo kit.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^There is nothing to worry about when cutting a small U shaped pipe. It does not effect the performance nor harm anything with the turbo kit.
But, still, something could go wrong.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Like?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cutting too much off by accident, cutting it to where it won`t fit, etc.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05

I have already done that part for you. I said we cut roughly an inch to an inch and 1/2 off of the U shaped pipe. Use a form of measuring obviously...
Old 07-09-2007, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have already done that part for you. I said we cut roughly an inch to an inch and 1/2 off of the U shaped pipe. Use a form of measuring obviously...
LOL, yea. Does it matter what side I cut it off from?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL, yea. Does it matter what side I cut it off from?

We only ran into problems with fitting the driver side of the bumper back on. So that is the side we trim up a little on the pipe. Try fitting the bumper back on first before ever needing to cut anything. Also try adjusting pipes first before ever cutting anything. Then after all else and you are still having a problem fitting things, make a decision on whether you want to cut the pipe, or cut the bumper.

Also, almost forgot to mention, that if you decide to cut the pipe, be sure to file down the end where you made your cut. File it down so that it is smooth and no unwanted metal shavings are left on the end.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats odd, my fitment problem was on the passenger side cuz their intercooler piping is larger on the compressor side of the intercooler than the TB side.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^That's why I was saying to do some bumper test fitting, to see which side comes out to be the part that does not fit right. For us is was the TB side.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's my story

The only problem I had with the kit had nothing to do with Dezod. Jet-hot left all kinds of coating everywhere inside the threads on the manifold. Every one of them had to be chased out, something that would be a problem for the average garage install and needing the taps.

I did not trim my bumper at all. having said that I had to unbolt a few couplers and move the pipes around a bit (turning them about the center line of the pipe) to get a better fit. Things are a little tight against the bumper but the bumper did go on. My friends turbonetics fit very similar.

Things were pretty clear cut and went together very nicely. As always, compliments to Paul for keeping me up to date every step of the way. PM me if you have any questions about the install or dyno ect.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Robs_tc
Here's my story

The only problem I had with the kit had nothing to do with Dezod. Jet-hot left all kinds of coating everywhere inside the threads on the manifold. Every one of them had to be chased out, something that would be a problem for the average garage install and needing the taps.

I did not trim my bumper at all. having said that I had to unbolt a few couplers and move the pipes around a bit (turning them about the center line of the pipe) to get a better fit. Things are a little tight against the bumper but the bumper did go on. My friends turbonetics fit very similar.

Things were pretty clear cut and went together very nicely. As always, compliments to Paul for keeping me up to date every step of the way. PM me if you have any questions about the install or dyno ect.
I plan on Spraying the manifold with Jet-Hot Coat in Black. How did you paint your charge pipes? I can`t decide on how I wanna do mine. I have a Super White tC as you can see. I`m thinking either Candy Blue, Pearl Black, or Super White. What you think?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's my story

thats another thing i had to do. originally, i was running with a slight exhaust leak cuz one of the bolts wouldn't tighten down all the way. about a month or two ago, i got around to taking the turbo manifold assembly out to tap the thread to get all that jet hot coating junk out. now it threads all the way in.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by satoman44
Here's my story

thats another thing i had to do. originally, i was running with a slight exhaust leak cuz one of the bolts wouldn't tighten down all the way. about a month or two ago, i got around to taking the turbo manifold assembly out to tap the thread to get all that jet hot coating junk out. now it threads all the way in.
When I spray the Jet-Hot coat onto it, what`s a good way to prevent the coating to get into the threading? Foam ear plugs perhaps?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's my story

When I spray the Jet-Hot coat onto it, what`s a good way to prevent the coating to get into the threading? Foam ear plugs perhaps?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's my story

you dont dude. it has to be dipped by jet hot.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, dang. So, I gotta send it to them?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, dang. So, I gotta send it to them?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its an option through dezod
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its an option through dezod
Yea, I know, I thought it would be cheaper to do it myself. I just think $125 or so for coating is rather expensive.

Quick Reply: Any Problems with Dezod`s Kit?