Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

any turbo kit that dosent need tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by markymarc
um.. i went with 3 weeks without a tune (not on purpose either..long story)... if u wanna drive with black smoke comin outta ur exhaust and definately kill ur gas milage (refueling almost every 2 days) and most importantly increasing your chances of blowing up ur engine....and running extremly rich.. .. then by all means drive without a tune...

its not worth being lazy... invest in an engine management sytems the greddy emanage or aem f/ic...

ever since i was tuned... the car has been running hella better, smoother acceleration, no more of my bumper turning black, gas mileage has incresed or at least its back to normal as if i was still N/A...
black smoke is bad but it desnt mean gas milage and whatnot

white smoke is gas
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TexazBaller06
How is your base tune with your stage 1 kits Dezod?
Our FIC map is decent, so I was told by a few people.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know a guy in my area who was running a ZPI stage 0 and after 5 months he blew a head gasket after autocrossing his car. I told him he should upgraded to a stage 1 as soon as possible but no, he said everyone on the interent didn't have any problems running with no fuel management or intercooler.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Robs_tc
I know a guy in my area who was running a ZPI stage 0 and after 5 months he blew a head gasket after autocrossing his car. I told him he should upgraded to a stage 1 as soon as possible but no, he said everyone on the interent didn't have any problems running with no fuel management or intercooler.
Rob! What's up buddy? How have you been?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pretty good.... Friend of mine is running that beast you set me up with a year ago. He ditched his turbonetics kit the second I said 1/2 price. I might need to talk to you about engine packages, buddy wants to build the bottom end. PM me if you get a chance.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Robs_tc
Pretty good.... Friend of mine is running that beast you set me up with a year ago. He ditched his turbonetics kit the second I said 1/2 price. I might need to talk to you about engine packages, buddy wants to build the bottom end. PM me if you get a chance.
Rob, tell him to be a man and up the boost! JK.

My Turbonetics kit is still running strong on the stock tune. I took the car to have a tune done and the AFR's were almost perfect, just a little rich on the low end which is fine with me. In fact I told them to wait on the tune till I have a larger turbo. Hopefully I will be ordering one soon from Dezod.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: any turbo kit that dosent need tune?

Originally Posted by cburglb34
ok so i know most of the kits come with a basemap....well i was wondering if those basemaps can be left like that or do i NEED to get it tuned
My tnetics kit did not need a retune. I ordered the Tnetics kit on a Tuesday and had it delivered and installed myself before Sunday along with a boost and afr gauge. Before that the biggest job I did on a car was replace brake pads. I also installed a manual boost controller and regapped the plugs to .035 then set the boost to 9PSI. Tune was great with a AFR between 11 and 12. Have not had to mess with it for about 1.5 years now. Not everyone want to dick around for a half a year waiting for there sheet as well as having to retune emange garbage all the time especially on a fwd car that will see never any traction above 300whp on the street.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if your gonna tune it..i wouldent get it..tunnin is only around like 300 bucks and it will be beter
Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

spend the 300 bucks on the dyno for the tunning and sleep well at night