Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Anybody runnin in the 13's with the supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont forget weight reduction. anyone ever see how much insulation we got in these things? its a LOT
Old 05-30-2006, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
Looks like I was summoned hahaha. 231 wheel right now. Will be at 240+ whp guaranteed in a short time. This is from the same dyno that I ran 137whp stock so yes, the sc is working great.

Only mods I have right now for power... NST pulley, Megan header and s-pipe, Sport 110 bypass valve.

This setup nets me 14.3's with massive wheel hop and wheel spin through second. My goal is a consistant mid to mid-high 13 by this fall when it cools down. Full exhaust, high flow cat, custom intake, custom motor mounts, and most likley going standalone in by the end of the year.
desertheat, which NST pulley do you have?? the whole 3 set ??
Old 05-30-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just the supercharger pulley. Will be getting the stock sized crank pulley etc.. soon.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

You could spray it. Just make sure you get some good tuning and it should be fine. I know there are a couple of people out there that are spraying a 55 shot on there supercharger setup, one is on this forum, and one was the girl I met at the track........ ......I think with some good tuning with a standalone you should eb able to spray it just fine.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey desert, you get no oil leaks or anything with your setup? how many lbs of boost is the NST pulley you are running? did you wrap your header?
Old 05-30-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have 0 leaks, no issues. Running 9.5 psi on an unwraped header in Arizona! I am going to have the header ceramic coated by Jet hot soon for they are local. Also doing a bunch of other parts at the same time which is why I am holding off on having it done for now.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool. you are one of the lucky ones that have no problems with the s/c and pulley! mayb its just all the other brand pulleys that has the problems..the majority i've heard of were from zpi pulleys. good luck man and keep us all posted!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

doubt it is the pulley causing the issue unless it has a massive imbalance... But besides that, yes NST does make the best pulleys around!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok another question. For those of you with aftermarket pullies, is it possible to replace the original pulley if something goes wrong and get it warrantied. I remember something about a tamper proof cap or some crap when it came out. sorry for the newbie posts i kno nothin about the sc because up until now i thought it was worthless (may still, not sure yet). thanks.
If you have the aftermarket pulley on and something goes wrong, you won't get anything out of the warranty for it. You could swap the pulley back to stock, but that's that whole 'fraud' thing and falls under a different set of rules. Don't be a douche, pay for your mistakes ;)
Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattvs
Ok another question. For those of you with aftermarket pullies, is it possible to replace the original pulley if something goes wrong and get it warrantied. I remember something about a tamper proof cap or some crap when it came out. sorry for the newbie posts i kno nothin about the sc because up until now i thought it was worthless (may still, not sure yet). thanks.
If you have the aftermarket pulley on and something goes wrong, you won't get anything out of the warranty for it. You could swap the pulley back to stock, but that's that whole 'fraud' thing and falls under a different set of rules. Don't be a douche, pay for your mistakes ;)
lol dont worry Im plannin on goin turbo anyway.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
cool. you are one of the lucky ones that have no problems with the s/c and pulley! mayb its just all the other brand pulleys that has the problems..the majority i've heard of were from zpi pulleys. good luck man and keep us all posted!

He's talking about Supercharger pullies, not crank pullies.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by msdbsptc
I will spare a soap box about the horrible lack of ethics in what you just asked... Yes, there is a tamper proof cap. You change stuff and break it, you pay for it, shouldnt be any other way.

As far as the cobalt.. I havent taken the time to get more familiar with thier setup, but I seem to remember they are running a roots type supercharger which provides a more linear response than the centrifugal model the tC uses typically. So the area under the power curve is most likely larger for that setup. Even with more power, the smaller area under the curve on the centrifugal setup is going to hurt you overall. I am more concerned with seeing the average power output than the peaks. So, you have that hill to climb over to get the same numbers with the TRD SC as the eaton roots type that GM uses.

This is not to say you cant hit the 13s with it, just another point to consider when comparing the two.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Originally Posted by msdbsptc
I will spare a soap box about the horrible lack of ethics in what you just asked... Yes, there is a tamper proof cap. You change stuff and break it, you pay for it, shouldnt be any other way.

As far as the cobalt.. I havent taken the time to get more familiar with thier setup, but I seem to remember they are running a roots type supercharger which provides a more linear response than the centrifugal model the tC uses typically. So the area under the power curve is most likely larger for that setup. Even with more power, the smaller area under the curve on the centrifugal setup is going to hurt you overall. I am more concerned with seeing the average power output than the peaks. So, you have that hill to climb over to get the same numbers with the TRD SC as the eaton roots type that GM uses.

This is not to say you cant hit the 13s with it, just another point to consider when comparing the two.
Don't worry in regards to the ethics i was just asking to see what ppl who have the SC and blew their motors have done. Ive seen a few posts on the various tC sites about ppl with the sc blowing their motors. I just wanted to know how they fixed it, i dont have or plan to have the s/c so dont worry. As for the roots vs centrifugal information, that makes sense and also makes me sad. Even with more boost youre saying that the TRD sc is still crippled by design (compared to chevys sc). Damn tha sucks.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:07 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Very well put. While use supercharger guys might be able to hit that wonderful 300WHP mark, we wont be anywhere near as fast as a turbo hitting 300WHP.

Supercharger---- Floor it, HP rises rises rises-hits 300 WHP....Shift

Turbo-----Floor it, HP rises rises rises--Hits 300WHP...still floored still floored...shift

Turbo gets to enjoy that power for a few seconds, we get it for a split second at redline. I love my supercharger and its what works for me....But I know we arent as fast with the same numbers.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This setup nets me 14.3's with massive wheel hop and wheel spin through second.
You currently have the fastest SC'ed tC on this forum. I haven't even seen anyone come close to that yet.

I noticed you said you had "massive wheel hop" on this 14.3 run.. This may be true but you had a great 60' time (I think it was a 2.1, correct me if I'm wrong).. Wheel hop or not, that's a good launch and I highly doubt it would improve anymore unless you switched over to drag radials.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
This setup nets me 14.3's with massive wheel hop and wheel spin through second.
You currently have the fastest SC'ed tC on this forum. I haven't even seen anyone come close to that yet.

I noticed you said you had "massive wheel hop" on this 14.3 run.. This may be true but you had a great 60' time (I think it was a 2.1, correct me if I'm wrong).. Wheel hop or not, that's a good launch and I highly doubt it would improve anymore unless you switched over to drag radials.

I actually tried a set of azenis to see how much better I would run, they actually caused wheel hopped 10x worse than the cheapy falken 512's... I think it was because the traction was throwing the engine around like a toy when trying to lauch. A couple of times hop was so bad it knocked the car out of first gear, many times it opens the radio door *LOL* My best time of that 14.3 was on the cheapy falkens. I now run pretty consistant at 14.3 - 14.4. I am not going to run again until fall when temps drop into the 70's or lower at night. By then I will have done tons more so 13's.. here I come! Here is a time slip of my best run so far...

Old 05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was there that night....

Old 05-30-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

haha sweet! That race was agaist the supercharged tacoma truck that was lowered Got it on video also! My camcorder is cheapo so you could not read the sign at the end of the track but the annoucer calls out the time in the video for the truck and the scion.

Another thing that will help, I had the stupid check engine light on. I had read it was just a warning light on the tc but did not alter fuel or anything. But since then I have learned it DUMPS fuel hardcore in the upper revs, and a/f goes below 10:1... Fixed that over the weekend so that should help allot.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha sweet That race was agaist the supercharged tacoma truck that was lowered Got it on video also! My camcorder is cheapo so you could not read the sign at the end of the track but the annoucer calls out the time in the video for the truck and the scion.
I know...dont worry, I was watching :D

For some reason, I think the Right Lane at that track is the best...the left seems to have a few "waves" in the middle of the run
Old 05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yeah I have noticed that also. Left lane always feels odd to me on the launch - 2nd gear while the right lane is very consistant.

Quick Reply: Anybody runnin in the 13's with the supercharger